Daypro

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 07

I know this works for my arthritic pain because I tried to go off of it and I was in severe pain. I am back on my Daypro and I have been taking it for 5 years and I shall continue.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 24

Husband took the generic of Daypro for about 1 month and was feeling better, no pain in legs, sleeping better and everything, then woke up one morning with severe chest pains and had a widowmaker heart attack and almost died. Was told by Doctor that the drug triggered the heart attack.

Comment from: patma55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: November 07

Treated for achilles tendonidtis. After trying four other anti-inflamatories and physical therapy over a one year period this one finally worked.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 13

Couldn't sleep because of pain in knee and hip. After taking Daypro before going to bed, slept all night without pain.

Comment from: Minnie75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 30

Took Dolobid for years but since it is no longer made I have had quite a time finding something to relive my pain. Thank goodness I finaly tried daypro and it is working very nicely.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 04

I have been taking DayPro for about a month and I have noticed a difference with my pain but I have been having sleeping problems; weird dreams that are somewhat odd and sometimes scary. I am struggling between going off of this med or continuing because I have found it to be benefiticial with my arthritis.

Comment from: bj65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 20

this is the opnly drug to relieve my pain. and it works in hours!!i don't take it everyday but whenever the pain ans stiffness gets too asful. daily use is too hard on my stomach and prn use works for me.

Comment from: sellington35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 22

my doctor gave me daypro for hip pain from arthritis and a hip sprain. this crap landed me in the ER with severe stomach pain,bloody stools and bloody vomiting after taking only 4 doses of it. NEVER have I been so sick to my stomach in my whole life!

Comment from: minpinlover45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 16

I had been taking Mobic for over 10 years for arthritis and the effectiveness of it seemed to be diminishing. My dr. suggested daypro. I am only on my 2nd day and realize it needs time to get into my system but can barely move. Does anyone know how long this will take to make a difference? I may have to go back to Mobic if this pain and stiffness doesn't get better.

Comment from: beck.t55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 19

like this stuff it realy helped after a week.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 11

It has helped to relieve some pain. However the side effects are a bit worrisome.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 04

I don't think anything short or surgery is going to help, but out of all the NSAID s I've taken this seems to be working better than the others without the stomach upset and the constant nausea of the other drugs like Naproxen or Relafen.

Comment from: AcidAnnie65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 24

Experienced mental clouding and unusual tiredness.

Comment from: j25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 08

this medication was hard on my stomach i believe ibuprofin worked just as good

Comment from: butch25655-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 19

I was on vioxx for 5 years ontill it came off market. I was on orther arthritis meds.But nothing seemed to work as good as Daypro. I have been on Daypro for 5 months now.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 08

its caused my heart to beat fast so my doctor switched me to mobic.

Comment from: mrd35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 03

Daypro worked for me at first but the effectiveness started declining. Near the end, my urine output was severly affected (went every 10 hours and barely). After only missing 2 doses, my urine output returned to normal. I refuse to go back to this medicine.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 23

I have arthritis and was given this med about 8 months ago. The first day I took it I noticed the defference. I was able to bend my knee and my knee did not hurt or wake me from pain in the middle of the night like it would have without this.

Comment from: KT45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 24

I suffered from extreme pain in both hips and knees. The pain is almost completely gone after taking one month. I have gained my life back. Side effects, however are not good. Frequent morning headaches, stomach aches, and diarrhea. Right now, for me, it is still worth taking- even with the side effects.

Comment from: Jim E55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 13

I am a 55 year old male and have been taking daypro for almost 10 years. Carpal tunnel sysmtoms are completely stopped with this medicine. I can miss one dose and feel the pain. I've had no side effects that were detrimental to this drug. Has allowed me many hours of pain relief and a more normal day to day living. Arthritis in hands is getting worse now. My doctor is changing me to Mobic. Hopefully it will work as well as daypro.

Comment from: singsong55-64 Published: December 08

Daypro came out in 1994 or so. I had tic delaroux in the face and had been suffering with this for several months. After four days symptoms GONE and after taking for week and half symptoms never came back. I still have the bottle in medicine chest. It feels good just having it there.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 29

I had horrible pain in my feet to where I couldn't hardly walk. After being on this med at 600mg 2x daily, I can walk again. I had no side effects except for being sleepy, so I just take it at night now.

Comment from: wolf45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 18

Not quite sure if this medication is working, I continue to have severe numbness from my hip joint to my toes and the pain and numbness are spreading and continues to wake me during the night. The medication does afford me a few more hours of sleep than previously. Perhaps a proper diagnosis will determine if this is the medication I should be on. Stomach pain does get severe at times, but the good news is it has seemed to curb my smoking. : - )

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 23

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 24

Comment from: LEIGH55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 03

I THINK I AM FEELING BETTER I HAVE SPINAL STENOSIS I CAN'T RUN A MILE BUT I CAN WORK, WALK SHORT DISTANCE. MY NECK PAIN IS NOT AS SEVERE. I AM THANKFUL TO FIND MEDICINE SO THAT I WONT HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY

Comment from: jets12fan55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 24

Doc gave it to me for arthritis in neck joints. Have been on for a week. Have stomach cramps, diarreha, headaches. Going off!

Comment from: Aly55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 21

Rumey gave it to me for disc problems with nerve compression. drug made me dizzy and unstable. PT and yoga helped more than anything. I do not like taking this drug. Does help somewhat with pain. Side effects are not worth it for me.

Comment from: kkc55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 25

i was on 600mg a day and it was not touching my pain, i increased it myself to 1200mg a day and i am feeling much better, i can work in the yard without the terrible pain.

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 28

QUESTION

The term arthritis refers to stiffness in the joints. See Answer
Comment from: Lexi55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 07

Took this medication for 5 days and broke out in a rash all over my body which turned into hives. Lips and throat swelled up had to go to ER and Dr. office. Missed over a week of work. Toothpaste burned the inside my mouth. The medication was a disaster for me to take.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 24

Comment from: BAMA837445-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 27

I have been having arthritis problems with my feet; upon taking this drug, within 2 days my feet felt 1000 percent better. I also have psorasis (moderate) that I have had since I was a child. This drug is the only change I have made in my diet and it has significantly improved my skin. I will be asking my dermatologist (who has me on Humira injections) if we can add this to my regiment. The only side effect I have noticed is that I have been experiencing a few bad leg cramps. But, this would not be enough to make me want to come off of this drug. It has been wonderful!

Comment from: kimmie2345-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 07

Was only on this for 1 month before the side effects got so severe I had to stop. Felt like my heart would explode and the mood changes scared me. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Comment from: 65-71 Published: October 31

Comment from: gg45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 04

Two slipped discs in my neck are the source of regular pain & inflammation. Daypro has helped with these conditions but I'm going on a two-day headache and the ringing in my ears is distressing. I do, however, need to get w/Doc to determine if it is the medication causing these side affects.

Comment from: ms.whit35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 19

After reading the side effects iam so scared to take it.I have a brand new bottle that i suppose to take for arthritis.Will it really help me with my stiffnes,fatigue and pain.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 18

Worked great! But gave me severe headaches

Comment from: oxaprozin55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 21

this med cause me to break out in a rash

Comment from: mrsdragonstorm35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 06

it has helped somewhat i still have moments of stiffness and pain in my joints

Comment from: MTVNJ55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 16

I had disc-ectomy in 1994. After several protocols Daypro worked. Along with Baclofen and Nortriptyline it has kept me mobile. The Generic version always upsets my stomach. Normally I would take 1200 with breakfast and I am good to go. Now it is not available and i have to take the generic - not as effective. DAYPRO has worked for several years, Now i have to take Oxaprozin with anti-acids.

Comment from: Clsyldy35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 01

This is my 2nd day taking the medicine. It seems to be helping,but I am getting these awful headaches/migraines within an hour of taking Daypro. I don't know if I will keep taking them if this is going to be a constant side effect.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 07

I took it for 10+ plus yrs for arthritis pain, no side effects. Had knee replacement so was off the drug for 5 mos, am considering taking again due to stiffness in back, hips, shoulders.

Comment from: Molly55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 10

I have been on this for over 14 years. each time I try something different the pain increases. it pretty much takes the edge off. I highly recommend it.

Comment from: Mon1ca45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 08

I've been taking Daypro for years and, I to had really awful dreams/nightmares...I found out the manufacturer of the generic was to blame with the added (non-narcotic) ingredients...Dr. Reddy's is THE WORST...try to stay away from that pharma manufacturer.

Comment from: Amber25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 22

I have severe Osteoarthritis in my hip. It was something I was born with. Until I am ready to have a hip replacement, I'm only 29, this is the only thing that allows me to be able to walk. I've been taking it for almost 4 years now and have had no side effects. The only thing I notice is a little car sickness (when I'm not driving) and when I don't take it, my hip is in pretty bad shape and it's hard to walk. My would not be functioning without Daypro.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 22

this drug worked well for me, but I had to quit taking all drugs in this class.Because of bleeding in my stomach and instetines,which they cannot find because of the test I need W Va.Hospitals don,t have.I have been waiting 2 years for them to resove this problom. I am in a lot of pain.I have a lot of medical things going on. Intermittent Porphyria, CFS, Fibermyogia,restless leg, I have had 4 back surgeries. I just had 2 back to back had rods and pins put in my neck. So the pain is very bad. I miss the Daypro, It worked.

Comment from: PAIN7435-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 26

Comment from: Calico45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 21

Comment from: RAPatient45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 13

It took two weeks before the medicine helped. Has allowed me to be active. Take with food it causes stomach upset.

Comment from: mistre65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 25

helps releave somewhat of my joint pain

Comment from: milo55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 20

I was perscribed this for migraines 2 daily I was only using them on an as needed basis..I had migraines a few days in a row and noticed after taking the recommended dosage the pain and inflamation in my knees had improved greatly. Needless to say, I am now following the perscribed dosage!!!

Comment from: linda k65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 19

This medication stopped my lower back pain with in a hour of taking my first pill. I've suffered from back pain for years. What a relief.

Comment from: stinkyboogar25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 23

Comment from: brighteyes25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 20

I have only been on the med for less than a week!

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 07

very beneficial with my joint pain and inflammation.

Comment from: baj121655-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 03

Took away the pain that I was having from bursitis in a couple of days. Side affects were blurred vision, dizziness, stomach upset, nausea, heartburn, stiff neck, tiredness and lack of energy.

Comment from: boggybaby35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 25

Published: September 13

Comment from: lee45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 02

it has not decreased the inflammation of a tendon in my foot (not plantar)and is causing increased shortness of breath

What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)? Symptoms, Treatment, Diagnosis See Slideshow