Denavir

Comment from: momosity, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 23

My "hair loss" is by choice; I like to grow my hair long, then donate it to charities that use it to make wigs for cancer patients. I've used Biotin for approximately 3 months now and the results have been remarkable! Fuller, longer, stronger hair, growing in faster than I've ever experienced. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants better hair growth.

Related Reading: hair loss | cancer | biotin

Comment from: No Stress! , 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

After many months of extreme stress/poor sleep my hair began to break off and fall out. I also noticed a thinning spot at crown of my head Dr says could be blood pressure message and/or hormone issues from perimenopause. I read about biotin and tried it. Take 5000 mcg per day Natrol Fast Dissolve. In less than 3 weeks I have no breakage and my hair is thicker at the root. My skin looks better as well. Also take Bcomplex and Ginkgo daily. It's working wonders for me.

Related Reading: stress | perimenopause | biotin

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 19

I started taking biotin on the advice of my m.d. due to side effects of the synthroid I am on; thinning hair,dry skin,fatigue. I've been on it approximately 2 months and notice a slight improvement in regards to my hair,which is my main concern as a woman.I'm hoping to see even better results the longer I'm on it.

Related Reading: synthroid | dry skin | fatigue

Comment from: Najice, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 05

I started taking Biotin, when my hair began to get brittle and was breaking off. I have noticed a remarkable difference in the texture, length and strength of my hair. I have been using Biotin for about six months. I will continue to use it. I take 2500 mcgs once a day.

Comment from: Lisa, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 08

Started taking biotin 10,000 mcg (Natures Bounty extra strength) about 6 months ago because my hair was thinning in the front and coming out by the handful at each washing. My hair has thickened significantly and grown about 4 inches in length. Have not seen much difference in nail growth although there has been a significant reduction in splitting. Highly recommend biotin supplements.

Comment from: geri, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 04

hair was falling out so bad that hairdresser was having a difficult time doing my hair, this has helped 100%

Comment from: Gigi, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 22

I've been taking 10,000 mcg of Biotin for past 5 months in effort to stop thinning hair. It hasn't helped but, worse than that, I have notices other symptoms: more chest heaviness and heart pain every day, and the skin on my back became noticeably darker and rougher. (Biotin is the only supplement I've been mega dosing on.) Started reading comments on many different websites of people who have experienced bad side effects, some of them very serious. No more mega doses of Biotin for me, just what's in my B-Complex supplement. Proceed with caution and think twice about taking very high doses of anything. Wishing everyone the best of health!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 03

Loosing hair, thought I would give a try. Hair stopped falling out.

Comment from: cris, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

I was able to stop hair loss with dosage of 1 tablet/day Biotin 5000MCG(5 mg) plus twice/day application of Minoxidil 2%. I have noticed an unsusual increase in weight over two months of following this treatment. I am concerned that Biotin may be contibuting to this, as it "promotes carbohydrate metabolism". What does this mean? I have kept my same weight all my life, and suddenly I am growing thicker around my waist. No change on diet. Can Biotin cause retention of sugars?, can that be the cause of my weght gain?

Related Reading: minoxidil

Comment from: carrolanne, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

Well, I decided to give biotin a trie after reading about its effectiveness on thinning hair. I began taking 5000 mcg once a day, however, I began having a feeling of a racing heart and stopped taking it. My daughter is a hair stylist and said she has had several clients mention this happening as well. I may try half the amount and see what happens.

Related Reading: biotin

Comment from: mcintyrecat, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

When I began taking this megadose of Biotin, I was already taking it in a multi B complex, but not as much as I had read was necessary to reduce hair loss. I began taking 10,000 mcg tablets, until I found it was making my skin break out. I read that others had this problem, and so reduced my intake to 1000 mcg 3 times per day. Side effects went away. While I do other things to make my hair healthier, I believe Biotin has improved my hair length beyond any length I have ever been able to grow my entire life, and overall thickness has improved. No more breakouts, since I reduced the dosage, although I have read that if you gradually increase, your skin will not break out. I plan to try that, and will update my review when I do.

Related Reading: biotin | hair loss

Comment from: biotin works, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 14

I started taking 10,000mcg Biotin daily due to major hairloss from low thyroid. My hair had been shedding like a cat from the root, especially in the shower, up to 4 handfuls every time I showered. As a hairdresser, I was panicking. My hair had once been full and was now very thin. I began trekking biotin, and by the end of the week, my hair loss went back to normal. So, immediately, the cause of thinning had been conquered. Within 2 weeks,I could feel major stubble of new hair coming in ask over my head when I message my shampoo in. After about a month and Half, I could cleanly see tons of new growth coming in at my hairline and all over my scalp. Within 3 months, my scalp was no longer visible through my hair. At 6 months, my hair was noticeably full of volume. It's currently been a year, and I'm still taking the biotin. My hair is so thick now that I have to have it thinned out during haircuts, or its too heavy. I used no other hair products to achieve this. Just the biotin. As an added bonus, my nails are harder and grow super fast. BIOTIN WORKS, and it's also working for my clients! So thankful I discovered it when I did!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 08

Started using Biotin over 2 years ago when my hair started to fall out. This is the thickest my hair has ever been! I'll keep using it forever!

Comment from: Annette, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 05

I had gastic bypass surgery one year ago. Started loosing alot of hair and gum loss, I have taken one pill a day for 6 months and my hair loss stopped, finger nails grow alot faster, they are stronger, and my hair growth is unreal.No side effects.A friend told me about this and I think every one needs to know. I am very pleased with this vitamin. I use Finest Natural by Walgreens. Love the price too.

Comment from: srandk, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 24

I started at 500mg and I've gradually increased to 10,000mg. My hair was constantly falling out and I was told by many how thin my hair was. Biotin has really helped, people now tell me how fast my hair has grown. I haven't noticed much thickness in my hair but maybe ill see those results after a bit more use. My nails grow faster, although they're not very strong. I would definitely recommend biotin to anyone with thin hair/with hair loss

Comment from: blueyes, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 28

My hairdresser asked what I was doing different for my hair- that it's fuller, healthier, and growing faster. Manicurist said same about my nails. I just question whether this is causing my face to sweat more?

Comment from: DR Walker, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

I was suffering from hair loss in the center of my head. The biotin has helped my hair to grow and get thicker. I also notice a difference in my eyebrows, which had become very thin. My eyebrows are becoming fuller, and I am using less, and less eye pencil.

Comment from: Leigh, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 25

I started taking Biotin because I have PCOS and I'm afraid my hair will start falling out, so I am attempting to prevent it. My nails have been a lot nicer. They are stronger and haven't peeled in a long time. My hair feels stronger and thicker, but I still see a lot of hair in the brush. I'm taking 5000mcg each morning.

QUESTION

Ringworm is caused by a fungus. See Answer
Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 04

I have been somwhat successful in stopping hair loss. A small amount appears to have grown back.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: jaxman, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

I've been taking 5,000 mcg of Biotin for about 4 months. It took about 3 months to notice new hairs growing in all along my hairline. My hairdresser said she also saw new hair on my scalp. I lost hair every time I shampooed and I've noticed it's not falling out like it did. I haven't noticed any side effects.

Related Reading: biotin

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 17

I have been taking biotin for 5 months and my hair is healthier and thicker. My nails have not improved but my skin is beautiful. I am very satisfied.

Related Reading: biotin

Comment from: Moonflowerr, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 21

I had gastric bypass surgery about 4-6 weeks afterward my hair started coming out by the handful. I had bald patches. The root of my condition was caused by malnourishment. I had friends who told me at the time to take biotin and that it would help. It wasn't until telling my surgeon about my hair falling out that he shook his head and said that it was common but that I should take 10,000 mcg daily not the 1000 mcg I had been already taking. It took a little while to see the benefits but my bald spots began filling in within 4 weeks. My fingernails were stronger and growing like crazy.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

My friend suggested Biotin when we were talking about my hair loss. I started taking soft gels and within 5 weeks had new hair growth(including thicker eyebrows).

Comment from: southern_momma, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 13

I take 1,000 mcg dose of the fast dissolve ones. It taste like cherry with no nasty after taste. It also absorbed into my system. Faster than the other vitamin B complex I tried. I haven't measured with a ruler. But it has been three months, my hair stopped falling out by the handfull. And my hair grew from my shoulders, to the center of my back. My bangs were short and falling out. And now my bangs fit into my ponytail. Yes, I have mild achne, but regular face wash and a mild astringent gets rid of it. I'm only 23, so losing my hair after the birth of my son, was a big deal to me. But now it is thicker, way longer, and I'm so happy I tried biotin Fast dissolve by spring Valley.

Comment from: LadyLucc, 35-44 (Patient) Published: October 12

I am 37, great health, fine long hair, loosing a lot of hair each day with scalp visable all over, even when put in a pony tail!! After tons of research I gave Biotin a try(10,000mcg/daily) paired with Fructis FALL FIGHT shampoo, conditioner & leave in treatment spray together. After a month of use and stimulating my scalp with massage daily (also again when going through shamp, cond & treatment routine) I have had really great results! I also comb my hair gently from tips to roots to keep from pulling out healthy strands on my own :). All of these efforts put together have given me much needed hope and new growth already!