Desoxyn

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 17

I had tried everything for my severe case of ADHD. After finding that Adderall made me feel like I was on a drug especially the headaches and upset stomach from coming off the adderall XR, trying dextrostat, and every drug to help treat ADHD... I thought I was all out of options. Then I had asked my doctor and he brought up desoxyn. I've been happy taking this for over 2 years and for once, I finally feel normal. I do not ever feel like I'm on a drug. I can focus, sleep normal, eat, work, and do everything I've ever wanted to do like everyone else. I would never suggest this drug to anyone for the reasons of what it is unless everything you've tried has failed, your case of ADHD is very severe, and you are under the care of a psychiarist. I take 25 mgs daily of the 5 mg pills (3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon). I've never lost any weight off this or ever thought of abusing it. Infact, I've been sober for over 2 years from drugs and alcohol so, for those that are abusing this drug obviously need serious help.

Related Reading: adderall | desoxyn

Comment from: rsoclon, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 23

After trying the non-stimulant ADHD drugs for my Adult ADD, the Doctor tried ADDERAL which solved the ADD problem right away. There were side effects like the jitters and talking almost in a studder. The Dr. tried DESOXYN and the ADD relief stayed and the side effects left. It does not even feel like I'm taking a stimulant. I'm taking 25mg/day two when I get up in the morning and one tablet at 10AM, 2PM, and 4PM, simple as that.

Related Reading: desoxyn

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I have been on most stimulant meds for treatment of ADD and this just works plain and simple. I have been on adderall XR, regular Adderall, Vyvanse, Concerta, Concerta XR, Ritalin, ritalin SR, etc. I had so many side effects and the meds not working for more than a month or so. I finally talked with my doctor after doing my research and reading raw user reviews about this medication and i finally feel that i am on the right medication. My life is better today because of good doctors and people sharing there experiences.

Related Reading: adderall | vyvanse | concerta

Comment from: Tarala, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 21

I have had attention deficit disorder for most of my life and this medication has allowed me to live and hold down a job successfully for the last 5-10 years.

Comment from: Nick, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 30

I have taken Desoxyn for just over four years now, and I am prescribed it for ADD as well as to help with my refractory depression. I had previously been on Adderall, Ritalin, Focalin, Concerta, and Dexedrine/Dextrostat. All of them either stopped working well, or got to the point where the dosage was so high that the side effects over-powered the desired effects (particularly with Adderall and Concerta, which happened at a total of 120mg/day and 144mg/day, respectively). Just before I switched to Desoxyn, I was taking 2x15mg Dexedrine XR and 4x10mg Dexedrine IR tablets a day, for a total of 70mg daily. This was getting to be too much for me, so I made the switch. What impressed me at first was that at just 20mg/day, I was getting the same ADD-helping effects from the Desoxyn that it took 70mg of Dexedrine to achieve, but I felt NO SIDE EFFECTS. The Desoxyn is smooth, lacking the ups-and-downs of the time-release stimulants, of which Adderall and Concerta were the worst IMO. Not only that, but unlike the IR Adderall or Dexedrine which only lasted 4-5hrs thus requiring the XR/ER be taken as well, the Desoxyn 5mg IR tablets work fully for a solid 8 hours, with a very smooth and light comedown afterwards unlike the "crash" from the regular amphetamines. Pros: High potency = lower dose, fewer side effects, long duration of action without requiring any "extended release" system, less interrupting to sleep, appetite suppression is slightly more mild Cons: Expensive (120tab = $640), rarity makes it difficult to find a pharmacy that carries it so it will likely have to be special-ordered, twice-day dosing may cause sleep interruptions for some people, "stigma" associated with m,-amphetamine, majority of MD/PharmD have no idea what Desoxyn is Overall, it has been, for me, the best solution to my ADD. In five years, I have never even had to have one dose adjustment!

Related Reading: desoxyn | depression | ritalin

Comment from: Naa, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 28

Tried everything else but this stuff works. Dosen't solve the whole problem -nothing does but without it I would be alot worse. It does not make you happy though. I like being ADD just nobody else likes it. Been using it for 10+ years and get 40mg a day. Average Use varies according to tasks.

Comment from: twin feet, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 26

(Based on my own personal experience with this medication) Stop taking this medication immediately if you find yourself taking more than the prescribed amount! If you run out before it's time for a refill, you are abusing it and only using it to get high. You will most likely lie to your Doctor to get more. Desoxyn is extremely effective for quiting smoking, but again, it's risky because it produces a powerful feeling of happiness, that one might pursue over and over again. It's not easy living with Adult ADD, in fact it's downright devastating at times. But tomorrow brings another opportunity to learn and grow which is what we all enjoy doing after all.

Related Reading: desoxyn | smoking

Comment from: Mister President, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 17

Best medication for ADHD by far. It has less side effects than all the others, I've tried all the other medications for ADHD and none of them even come close to Desoxyn's efficacy. It only comes in 5mg instant release formulation however one tablet lasts as long as most XR medications. One desoxyn 5mg far outlasts Dexedrine XR. I really like the no side effects aspect. All the other medications gave me terrible anxiety, insomnia, hypertension, body load, dry mouth, headaches, no appetite, etc. This medication is totally different and I have none of these symptoms. Adderall XR is by far the worst in terms of side effects. I've been on this medication for quite a few years and I have never required a dose increase, the same dose remains effective over the years.

Related Reading: anxiety | insomnia | dry mouth

Comment from: testa1, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I have been on every stimulant out there from adderall to Vyvanse and after several months they eighter stopprd working or they did not work at all and had some bad side effects. This drug simply works. Ive been on it for five years now and I only had two dose adjustments during yhat time. I started out with 25mg twice daily and now im on 40mg twoce daily. This drug is very effective.

Related Reading: adderall | vyvanse

Comment from: Better now, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 04

All the other drugs ruined my sons appetite and interferred with sleep and made him anxious. Desoxyn is gentle compared to all the other stimulants we tried. Eats well, sleeps well. Only problem is stigma and having to take more than one pill/day. Get on the track FDA and let the time release back on the market. This drug has been around for at least fifty years. It used to be available as a 15mg time release tablet. This worked great, now we have to carry the medicine around with us all the time and with all the anti-drug hysteria thats no picnic. I hate the FDA! With all their careful (read slow and behind the science) studies or lack of them. Most European and Canadian countries citizens don't suffer half as much. And the FDA has approved very many drugs that have serious side effects including death. And we are no better for it. Leave it up to my Dr. and myself.

Comment from: cmtexas, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 23

When I 1st began taking this medication it caused me to have and upset stomach but that only lasted a few weeks and was sporatic. I've been taking this for roughly a year now and hoe glad I am to not have realized Desoxyn is methamphetamine, or else I would probably be like some of the others that have a negative perception from a lack of education about the drug's clinical uses. It's sad really that perception really is about 90% of what people think is true and it will take a long time for the majority to see the benefits of this medication. I started with the adderall and the many others that have since been developed and the side effects of those gave me the shakes, harder come downs, and just didnt work as well for my symptoms. I might as well have been a drug addict because the perception I was giving while I was conducting a managerial meeting with hands that would constantly shake was probably just that. Everyone at work and home are surprised at the difference but how fast that perception would change should I inform everyone that the change is the direct result of a change in my medication from amphetamine to methamphetamine. It's sad really.

Related Reading: amphetamine

Comment from: Tony, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 19

I gets me going in the morning and helps my love life.Its a miracle drug!!!

Comment from: DEXAMPHETAMINE, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 06

GREAT THE ONLY DRUG WHICH MAKES ME NORMAL HUMAN

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

Useful, no rebound hyperactivity noted.

Comment from: Sonny, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 10

It made some of my teeth go bad. I had to have one of my permanent back teeth pulled because it died.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

helped many years ago

Comment from: Dorthy Riddles, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 13

This drug if given by a Dr. who understands addiction and weighs the risk of street Meth vs. Goverment Meth would gladly write a script for those people who have used Meth for 10plus years and are unable to live life without it. It could be a MIRACLE for those seeking a legal way out of a no win situation.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 21

slowed down hyperactivity

Comment from: sammiejoney, 35-44 (Patient) Published: August 10

I did not have any effect from this med at 25mg per day taken at once. I went to sleep 45 min after taking it. No one else has experienced no effect--whether good or bad. None of the medical advisors (manufacturer, Psychiatrist, Web forums, or Pharmacist) know why I am not being affected by it. Big let down. I thought sure it would cure my daytime somnolence.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 05

tried along time ago then insurance changed and i had to try something different.

Comment from: Bernie57, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 14

I take Desoxyn 5mg tid. It has been helpful with my Narcolepsy. It is hard to stay on the correct dose, due to its high cost.

Related Reading: desoxyn | narcolepsy

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 02

I used it for Narcolepsy . It work the best but now can't get long lasting

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 17