Detrol

Comment from: MyShadow45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 05

Without Detrol, I wake up at least 6-7 times during the night. With Detrol, I may get up twice. The only drawback is that there is no generic and insurance either does not pay for it or the co-pay is high.

Comment from: madam butterfly55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 04

I have been taking detrol 2mg. for my oab for many years now but it hasn't helped much I have to wear a incontinence pad 24-7 and when I cough or sneeze or stand from a sitting or laying position I leak urine sometimes to the point my underware and pants are soaked.

Comment from: jak55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 22

I experienced an OAB as a result of my MS. I was prescribed Detrol LA one year ago due to frequent urination, especially at night. The medicine worked for the first three months, then not at all. I am VERY disappointed!

Comment from: Linda35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: August 04

Its been great BUT I have a huge problem with bloating while on this medication...does anyone else have this problem?

Comment from: flyboy75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 10

History of BPH.  TURP performed '03, resulting in very low psa since.  Improved bladder control.  No adverse effects.

Comment from: smiley55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 29

I got better benefits.

Comment from: tootsjojo45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 03

When I first started it, it gave me Vertigo, but controlled the urination. Now, the Vertigo has stopped, and the affect of the Detrol has stopped the OAB is the same, if not worse than it was.

Comment from: gabillhaol.com75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 25

I took one dose about 6pm and by midnight I thought I would have to go to the ER...as I had a burning desire to urinate but couldn't...finally, after standing over the toilet for about 10 minutes I began to slowly urinate...for the next 4-5 hours I had to release myself about every 10-15 minutes....and it took a very long time each and every time...I will never again take this Medication...

Comment from: jazz42655-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 26

I was wondering if the joint pain I am experiencing could be related to detrol.

Comment from: ts45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 09

It has greatly help to reduce my hyper active bladder. I use to have to go every 30-45 minutes. Now I can wait up to 2 hours. It works !

Comment from: Mae75 or overon Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 08

side effect while on Detrol - lowered blood pressure to dangerous levels on the elderly

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 08

Can anyone advise if Detrol could cause short term memory loss?

Comment from: Old Lady Who75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 13

I used it one time. I took 1/4 of the dose prescribed by my Doctor and it stopped my kidneys from working for 16 hours. Too scary for me. I do not want to harm my kidneys.

Comment from: maria25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 15

Is expensive but it work for me after the first 3 weeks, I used to get up about 10 times at night and used to go every 30 minutes during the day. Now I can hold longer and finally have a full night of sleep. No side effects for me so far.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 02

My mother took this for 3 days and it caused a kidney infection. My mother is 80 years old and her kidneys couldn't take it.

Comment from: pegasus75 or overon Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 05

I have been taking Detrol for about 6 months. Within a week I was back to normal. It is a tier 2 prescription but worth the $. BTW. I had to suggest it to my doctor.

Comment from: In a Quandry55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 24

I continue to urinate. I sometimes urinate 10-15 times (at least) per day. Then, the urge will cease for a while. I am 57 y-o woman. I have not been able to entirely stop black tea and sweeteners but even when I do stop, it continues. Have also been making some other dietary changes. The Detrol may work a little...also find I crash when it wears off and feel weepy.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 28

Comment from: Elizabeth40955-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: August 16

This medication has been very helpful for treatment of MS symptoms. When I saw a Urologist for urinary retention, he attempted to switch me to another medication but is made me very sleepy, even after 3 weeks on the medication. I went back to detrol and it continues to work well for me!

Comment from: Wwlsbrad45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 08

I just started so I'm still withholding judgement, but had to comment. This drug DOES have a generic, and can be bought at Walmart for $6 for 3 months! I think unless you have really bad side effect it take at least 3 months to see if something is going to work. But $6 for 3 months WOW!!!

Comment from: Michelle Welch3-6on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 14

My son is on 2mg 2x a day and it has stoped him from overnight wetting and day leakage

Comment from: Flochappy65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 26

It has been a blessing to work without worry of iincontinence. But, this year 2014 medicare no longer covers this medication it's cost is $90.00. I am retired and living on a sm. income. I have tried the Generic brand only to have it almost shut down my kidneys leaving in great pain and with difficulty to walk. Medication stopped. After 12 hours pain much better - back to having great incontinence. Please Please can you assist me with the cost so I can again use Detrol 2mg. And go back to work. Than I will be able to pay for medication myself. Thank you Florence chapman

Comment from: Betty75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 22

Detrol has not helped the burning sensation

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 23

Detrol has allowed me to urinate within normal time ranges of 3 - 4 hours. It has almost eliminated all leakage, accidents and embarrassing situations. No real side effects to report. My quality of life has definitely improved.

Comment from: george pakis75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 26

frequent urination at night.

Comment from: luckygrandma655-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 21

My Doctor put me on this drug as I have all the symptoms that go along with it. There are nights when I'm up every hour on the hour and always feel like I have to go. I'm on the third package of samples and so far I don't see this working but he also said he wouldn't guarantee it becasue sometimes women who have ahd children makes their bladder drop when they get older and so they have to have surgery to fix the problem.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 29

I still want to urinate all the time. It seems that there has been no change in my problem.

Comment from: Marge65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 24

It helps but the dry mouth problem is awful. I have been taking it in the evening and wonder if it would be better to take it first thing in the morning.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 30

My use of Poise pads has been reduced dramatically. I can now make it to the bathroom without wetting my pants!

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 23

This medication didn't help me at all!!

Comment from: mercos65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 07

my problem was frequent urges without relief. after taking detrol, i have full urination about every two hours, too much. i am taking other medication that doesn't interact well, causing general malaise so i'm quitting the detrol.

Urinary Incontinence in Women: Types, Causes, and Treatments for Bladder Control See Slideshow
Comment from: BNERO65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 18

Worked well to treat incontinence, but have severe constipation as a result.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 04