Diazepam Injection

Comment from: Mai45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 14

I am 49 y/o and I have had cold sore outbreaks ever since my beloved mother gave me a kiss on the mouth when she had a cold sore outbreak when I was 16 years old. Three weeks later I got my first cold sore and I've had them every winter ever since. Winter 2015 I finally figured out that my outbreaks were due to the cold snaps we get living in Florida. I realized that when it starts to get cold (below 50°) my lips will start to feel like a prune and NO amount of lip moisturizing helps. I finally realized it was the cold snaps that was changing my pH balance and breaking me out in cold sores . It took me till I was literally this age of 49 to figure this out . I just figured cold Soares was something I would have to live through every winter which I have until 2015. During the summer when I never have outbreaks because my lips are moist I started taking small doses of lysing (500 mg) and also for the first time started taking biotin for "hair skin and nails" (one maximum dosage daily tablet 10k mcg). I took these two over-the-counter medicines religiously every day starting September 2016... Just before the cold season hit . I do not take them during the spring and summer because I don't breakout. Whenever the cold snaps DID occur I IMMEDIATELY UP my l-lysine to 3x a day ... Usually blended into my smoothies so I couldn't taste it at all... 1000 mg (yup!) each serving... morning noon night . Sometimes I even did it four times a day. (I got this 3k - 4k MG dosage idea from a holistic website). When the cold snap ended I DROPPED the dosage of l-lysine (any brand you want) to normal 500 mg. Also Biotene is taken every day year-round with my regular vitamin supplements . If I felt like it during a cold snap I might take biotin morning and night with my l-lysine smoothie :) Lip moisturizers don't keep you from breaking out. This is my second year and I have had ZERO outbreaks it's awesome. Finally!!!!! L lysine and biotin.

Related Reading: cold sores | biotin | lysine