Diflucan

Comment from: KeenKitty, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 24

I was prescribed this diflucan to take 1 a day for 3 days. Today is day 2 and itching has begun to clear up. Also- advice for those with recurring yeast infections or those who get them every time an antibiotic is taken: TAKE A PROBIOTIC DAILY This will help prevent yeast infections & can safely be taken daily without any drug interactions. The one I've used that works best for me is "Dr Ohhira's Probiotic 12 Plus" - it replaces the "good bacteria" that should live in your body naturally but sometimes get killed off by antibiotics or even by lack of a healthy diet. These "good bacteria" help control yeast growth as well as some other "bad bacteria" growth. Hope this helps and good luck!

Related Reading: diflucan

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 16

I get recurrent thrush infections because of long-term corticosteroid use for autoimmune diaseases included lupus and psoriatic arthritis. Have ended up with adrenal insufficiency as a result, so must take steroid. Plus I use an inhaler for asthma. So I'm wide open to infection tho I try hard to keep things clean. Diflucan always solves the problem in a week or so.

Related Reading: thrush | lupus | psoriatic arthritis

Comment from: twink, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 03

When I take antibiodics, I always seem to get a yeast infection. It is wonderful to take a pill & not have to use messy creams. I think it's terrible trying to use the creams when you already very uncomfortable in that area. It has always worked for me.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: imkk1, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

Within hours after taking this medication, I was dizzy, feeling flu-like symptoms of nausea, fatigue and achiness. It is day two, and I still feel like I have the flu. I have also developed what feels like hives on my outer vagina as well as pain and swelling inside my vaginal walls. I feel way worse than when I started this medication.

Related Reading: flu | fatigue | hives

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

I am so allergic to the OTC meds this literally saved me! I took it one day and the following day noticed amazingly that my symptoms were a LOT less severe. by the second day after i was 100% better, and this after using OTC for over a week b4 i realized i was allergic. so my condition was a lot worse than someone using this at the first sign of symptoms. All this with just ONE pill and never needed the 2nd dose the Dr said i could have if needed.150mg pill worked wonders.

Comment from: Jast, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

I have taken it twice in the past year the first time in June 08' and had a burning circular set of 'rings" on the palm of my hand, cheek, chin, and scattered across my body. The pain was like touching a hot oven rack, with a bare flesh and later after a round of steroids...the skin peeled leaving small holes before filling in going away. The second time (yes again)April 09' I took it just two weeks ago with the same exact reaction called a fixed drug reaction. I am still trying to clear up and the spots remain as they did the last time and are in the exact same spots as the first reaction. I have used this product over the last few decades with no incidents: since when put on antibiotics I end up with a yeast infection...the doctor felt this was a safe product to use.

Comment from: Michele, 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 03

This is THE miracle drug for Yeast Infections. No more messy applicators that contain creams that burn and irritate. I still cannot believe that one pill can cure a YI so quickly. If my doctor puts me on an antibiotic for any reason, I always ask, can you give me a prescription for Diflucan because as we ladies know, for me, that is the #1 reason I get YI's to begin with.

Related Reading: diflucan

Comment from: Aloha, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 13

I was scared to take this med after reading some reviews, but I have to say it really did help. I was in so much pain, I couldn't sit for a week. That alone was scary. I used Terconazole 3 last week, but had to stop after 2 days because of side effects. I still had symptoms, so my doctor put me on a one day regimin of Fluconazole 150. I felt better very quickly. I did have some naseau and stomach cramping though. Every medicine has risks, I guess. You have to weigh the good versus the bad. This did a lot of good. I am finally itch and pain free after weeks of discomfort.

Related Reading: fluconazole | itch

Comment from: Valentine, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

I get yeast infections quiet often to the point where my OB/GYN doctor finally recommended me to see a specialist. It started 3 years after I had my 2nd kid. But I was told having more than 5 YI, plus other recurring problems, is not normal. This is the first pill that I have taken that really put me out of "itching" and pain misery right away. I am supposed to take another one after 2 days. I had tried everything. Luckily, I've had no side effects. To those who get to read this, I was also told, that stress, weight gain, blood sugar also contribute to recurring yeast infections. None that apply to my case. Good luck everyone.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: Bam Bam, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 23

Ask for this drug! I had to, my Dr. told me cream medicine was more effective and the oral might not work - the opposite was true for me, so I'm glad I pushed for it. The fact that he was reluctant to give the oral med left me miserable for 3 months - never again, skip the nonsense and go for this solution. I did use it in conjunction of the cream (which I had tried multiple times alone, no effect). it took about 4 days for me to be sure it was working.

Comment from: mem, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

I have taken this many times.I perfer it over the messy creams.When ever I take antibiotics I automatically ask for it because I know I am gonna get a yeast inf.It works quickly 1-2 days with no side effects.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

My infection was so severe because I was not examined or diagnosed properly. I have had to take a weeks worth of the 150mg to cure my infection. It's amazing how even 12 hours after the first pill, symptoms start to lessen.

Comment from: ambernichol, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

Ladies I want you to know that your local Health Department offers this mediation for free. No visit charge and they give you the pill there so no prescription fee either. Works great!! Everytime

Comment from: WestCoast, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

I periodically get yeast infections after my period and I really hate going to the doctor to find I have another yeast infection. I am very paranoid about my hygene and am a very clean person. I follow my doctors instructions and still do not understand why this happens to me often. My experience with this is that my doctor has to prescribe more than 1 refill for me to cure the problem. I do not have so much of a social life because of this problem.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: yehtac, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 19

I am diabetic and develop yeast infections more frequently than most. Diflucan which is used for treatment has caused a very dark (black) circle around my lower lip and chin. The reaction involves my skin first looking like it has been burned then blisters form. The blisters break the tissue weeps and the skin slough off leaving very raw tissue susceptible to infection (which I get most often). It has taken four of five treatments for me to realize that it is the medication that is causing the problem. Each outbreak is worse than the one before. I am getting over a dose now and it looks horrible. This medication is now on my list of many that I cannot take.

Related Reading: diflucan

Comment from: tgrm69, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 17

While this drug cured my yeast infection in 2 days, I had a terrible reaction to it and my hands swelled up and fingers blistered and cracked. Was VERY painful.

Comment from: MRSSPRUCE, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

One day you feel bad, then a couple days later you don't. Its a good medicine.

Comment from: angiejust81, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

I got a terrible yeast infection after being on very strong antibiotics for a prolonged sinus infection. I tried acidophilus pills, eating and applying yogurt. Nothing helped. I tried using monistat. It helped but it didn't go away completely. Then my doctor suggested Diflucan. I noticed a huge difference in my symptoms within 12 hours. My yeast infection is completely gone now without the use of messy creams and high calorie yogurts. I think the acidopholus thing must be an old wives tale. It didn't work at all. Diflucan did! Don't suffer from your yeast infection. Go to the doctor, get it and take one.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Fungal Skin Infections: Types, Symptoms, and Treatments See Slideshow
Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 03

Diflucan is so much easier than those nasty, messy creams. It has usually worked for me in only one dose with no side effects. The only thing I would also recommend is using an over-the-counter cream (like Monistat) on the outer areas if there is any irritation.

Related Reading: diflucan

Comment from: Jim, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 17

Suffered for 13 months with sore gums and inflamed lips. Dentist could not figure out the exact cause (tried Dexamethasone rise) no luck. Sent me to see an oral surgeon, after cancor sores developed in mouth. Did two biopsies, both negative. Put me on a one week therapy of Diflucan with Prednisolone rinse and swallow for one week, 100% healed. Hope this helps someone, it was a long surge for me.

Related Reading: dexamethasone | prednisolone

Comment from: sk2p1234, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

Best drug ever!!! I wish it were OTC! No side effects, 50% better with in 12 hrs.

Comment from: happy girl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 03

Taking a pill by mouth is SOOOO much easier than using a messy cream! I had relief within 1-2 days. It worked for me.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 26

This drug has been a lifesaver! Clears up my yeast infections within days every time! No side effects. Over the counter medicine has never worked for me.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

I am a healthy 45 yr old female who has not had a yeast infection in years. This infection got out of control because I did not recognize the problem and could not get into the doctor for about 12 days after showing initial symptoms. I had to take 3 doses (1 pill every 3 days). Visible yeast was gone within first 5 days, but external healing has taken 9 days to get well. Worked well against an extensive yeast infection with no side effects.

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: ehq, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

It did work to cure a very bad yeast infection within 2-3 days, but I have had abdominal pain, achiness, sluggishness and general yuk ever since....

Related Reading: abdominal pain