Ditropan XL

Comment from: Julie 55-64 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: August 09

slowly less effective

Comment from: Steph 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 15

Works very well! One annoying side effect - Dry mouth.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: SilverLady 65-74 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: February 03

I use the generic oxybutynin ER and I can now control urination as long as I don't try to hold it too long. I now only need to get up once rather than every 2 hours at night. And I can also empty my bladder completely. However the oxybutynin CL ER originally prescribed made my hair fall out.

Comment from: Juliej 35-44 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: September 17

I take a 5mg tablet any day I don't wanna pee 30 times a day, it brings it down to maybe 7 or 8 times a day which is amazing, side effects I get extremely tired after taking it and need a nap, stomach pain, constipation, I have also wet the bed once so I don't take before bedtime anymore.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Tammy 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: January 26

I can't believe after taking the first pill how much this drug helped! My Dr. put me on this to calm my bladder down until they find out what is going on with my bladder. I constantly feel like my bladder is full...very uncomfortable, but this drug takes the edge off the pain. My only complaint is it's so expensive. $100. for 30 pills!

Comment from: Lolapop 55-64 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: May 30

I have been taking 15mg daily for over six months and it has been working great. The only problem is I now have dry mouth and a decrease in taste. Oh well, at least I don't pee on myself anymore.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Pammielock 55-64 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: July 23

I have used this medication for 5+ years, and I think the generic oxybutynin chloride ER 10 is just as effective as the ditropan. I hate taking medication and tried to stop taking it for the last month and I need the stuff, so just placed my refill order in...

Related Reading: ditropan

Comment from: 75 or over Female less than 1 month Patient Published: November 21

I was given this medication after bladder surgery, because for no apparent reason I start to leak upon standing up or walking. I did as my doctor suggested and waited for 3 months after surgery before taking the pills. I have been given the generic extended release form and it is not helping. I am getting side effects of drowsiness, dry mouth and upset stomach after I eat. I am wondering if I should notify my doctor or take them another two weeks.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Lois G. 55-64 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: November 20

I have been taking this drug for a number of years. I recently had to increase from 10 mg to 15 mg per day. It has been very effective for me.

Comment from: sdavidek1 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: September 24

My husband had a stroke and since then wakes every 2 to 2-1/2 hour in the night to urinate. At the rehab center the doctor ordered this medication, he is still up every 2 to 2-1/2 hours to urinate and sometimes every hour. We will talk to his primary doctor at his next appointment.

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: maryjo 55-64 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: April 30

Have had stomach problems, extreme sleepiness, fever, swelling of hands and legs, pounding heartbeat, and blurred vision. I went to doctor to report all of the above not connecting these problems with the drug Oxybutynin. My doctor apparently did not connect also and wanted to put me on an antidepressent! I checked webmd for any side effects to this drug and found all of the above to be connected. I have suffered greatly for many weeks. I hope going off the medication with return me to my normal life even if I have urinary incontinence.

Related Reading: urinary incontinence

Comment from: 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: November 25

The dry mouth is the worst experience. And a funny taste in my mouth.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: george pakis 75 or over Male 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: September 26

keeps me up at night..

Comment from: Gemstone 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: July 23

I have had frequent UTI's & also IC (interstitial cystitis). Anyway, this drug work rather well, but it takes 2-3 hours til it kicks in. I am going to try taking it at 6 a.m. when I first go to the bathroom.

Related Reading: interstitial cystitis

Comment from: Deweyguy 75 or over Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: June 21

After taking for a few days the frequency of night time urinations decreased. After several weeks I noticed a very dry mouth and a change of taste in foods. Continured use resulted in sore gums and tongue. I have now discontinured taking the drug and frequent urinations have returned and I am waiting to see if the dry mouth and taste changes disapear.

QUESTION