Donnatal

Comment from: talker 55-64 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: July 14

Was given this drug and was a terrific drug for me and now I suffer because was taken off market and it helped me so much...please get this back!!

Comment from: medford77 45-54 Female Patient Published: May 21

I have been using the generic pills and liquid but now the generic manufactor has not released any. CVS sent me the brand name and I could not afford them. I have been in pain every since I cannot get them. Find out what is going on!

Comment from: Dianne2250 55-64 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: February 26

The only drubg that gave me back my life. Works great, no side effects.

Comment from: BRITT 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 03

I HAD BEEN SICK FOR FIVE DAYS UNABLE BY ANY OTHER DRUGS TO CONTROL THE INTESTINAL TROUBLES THEN MY DR PRESCRIBED THIS GREAT DRUG WHICH FINALLY BROUGHT MY INTESTINAL PROBLEMS UNDER CONTROL THE NEXT DAY I FELT GREAT

Comment from: Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: March 24

I never leave the house without it! When a sudden IBS attack occurs this med calms the incredibly painful spasms.

Comment from: [email protected] 55-64 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: February 19

I was taking this medication for a few years because I was diagnosed with IBS, Colitis and GAD. A few months ago I stopped taking the medication because of the addicting affects it has; I always research my medications. Even though it is a highly addictive medication, it is also an effective one for treating IBS, GAD, and Colitis. I thought that by just changing my eating habits and exercising that my symtoms would disappear, not so. Every person reacts differently to medications, I personally and usually have an adverse reaction to some but not to this one, it works for me. So I restarted taking Donnatal.

Related Reading: colitis | donnatal

Comment from: hope to help 35-44 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: August 09

I have had IBS for about 20 years and tried many of the medications listed. I have been taking this one (1 tablet before bed each night) and it works great! I highly recommend it for anyone who typically suffers symptoms daily. I feel 98% symptom free.

Comment from: 25-34 Male 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: June 28

I was diagnosed with IBS and put on this medication. In combination with other drugs my symptoms were drastically decreased and virtually gone.

Comment from: 35-44 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: March 12

I was put on this medication for severe ibs-d. It didn't work and caused withdrawls for weeks. Be careful of this medication.

Comment from: Milo 45-54 Male 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: July 24

This medicine was prescribed for IBS by my former doctor, but it just didn't seem to help at all. The tiny amount of phenobarbital did nothing to relax or calm me, and the antispasmodics had little to no effect on my cramping and diarrhea. Librax is much better for me.

Related Reading: phenobarbital | diarrhea | librax