Dovonex Ointment

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I am using this medication with a steriod. The combo has helped this flare up after using them together for 2 weeks. Noone has discussed the expense of this drug. I have had psoriasis for 56 years and have had many drugs and treatments. This is the most expensive drug I have taken. I checked the price with several local pharmacies and I'm glad to say that my insurance covered most of the cost of this drug.

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 21

After having psoriasis for 10 years, I had bad experiences with the creams. They were not effective and they stained clothing and bedding. I have been using Doxonex for 6 months and have found it to work quite well. I the redness and scales have improved tremendously. Although, we all know that psoriasis will flare-up and is not curable, I like the resultrs that I have had with this drug preparation.

Comment from: Curedofpsorasis, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 07

This drug had little to no effect on my psorasis. It did have an effect on my wallet at close to $1000 a tube. I stopped using it, started juicing fruits and veggies and now have zero prorasis symptoms. 15 yrs of suffering cured by juicing once a day. Wish I knew this earlier on.

Comment from: jesse_sc2002, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 12

I have Morphia, and have been taking dovonex, for close to a year now, Im waiting for my skin to turn back normal to what it was before but, so far no luck all the medicaton dose for me is make the skin in that area smooth for maybe three hours at a time and then i have to reapply. Plus this medication is very pricy i have no insu. and pay close to 500.00 per tube and have to buy once ever two months.

Comment from: Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 19

Works pretty well on elbows and knees for my mild psoriasis. Reduces build up. Does not reduce redness.

Comment from: Diane, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 19

I have had psoriasis for 26 years. During that time I have tried literally everything. This year a doctor suggested I try Dovonex (Calcipotriene)It is an old medication. It has been a Godsend. All the horrible itchy places on my body cleared up within a matter of weeks. I know I am not cured...........it will come back if I fail to apply it morning and night. I do know that treating psoriasis is a hit and miss proposition. One never knows when the right medication will be prescribed. I have had no side effects from it. It does have a generic, the Calcipotriene. If nothing else has worked for you and you have not tried this medication, ask your doctor about it.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 06

Worked quite well. But I can't understand the comments about price. It has been out in a perfect acceptable generic form for quite some time now.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 14

Have been prescribed Dovonex, and it works, but wish it wasn't so expensive

Comment from: Surviving, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 15

This medication has helped me. It has never stung or hurt when I have applied it on my scalp and elbow. The hardest thing about it is remembering to apply it in the morning and evening.

Comment from: tammy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 21

I have psoriasis on my fingers at the end of the fingers I too have experienced burning when using this, I dont think I have tried to use this medicine like I should so I am going to try this for 2 weeks and see what happens but just using it on and off does not work.

Comment from: AAQUEEN2000, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

WHEN APPLYING THIS MEDICATION TO SCALP AND NECK, IT BURNED EVERYTIME, SO PAINFUL I WAS CRYING EVERYTIME, I STOPPED USING THE MEDICATION AND HAVE CONTACTED MY DOCTOR.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 28

Finally a treatment for Vitiligo. I've used Dovonex for a few weeks in combination with a steroids and light therapy and i'm starting to see some amazing results. My pigment has returned on my face and i'm starting to see results on my hands and elbows. However, i am concern with the long-term effects. I haven't found anything negitive thus far.

Related Reading: vitiligo

Comment from: luvowls, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 14

I have a condition on my nose that behaves like psoriosis but the Dr. says may be a form of rosacea, which peals deeply and repeatedly. Devonex has slowed the pealing and may with time stop the pealing altogetner. The tube it comes in is a disaster! Everytime it is opened it oozes product out far more than one application, It is very annoying for such an expensive product to be in a cheap crimped tube!!

Related Reading: rosacea

Comment from: dazarich, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

I started using Dovonex oitment for Psoriasis on my leg. I have followed my instructions for two weeks and must say i am in pain consistently. It burns, itches, and has made my skin raw. In addition to this my leg has now blown up like a balloon. I have been to the doctors three times and they dont seem to know what is going on and told me to continue the treatment and take anti biotics for a possible infection. It has kept me awake at night and close to tears. Im begining to prfer having psoriasis than having the treatment.

Related Reading: psoriasis | burns

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 31

The quality of the tube cap is terrible. I have used 2 tubes, both of the caps broken.

Comment from: duchess, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 22

I have had this medicine for 2 weeks and it seems to be helping me. I use it 1-2 Hope it continues to work. Hope this helps everyone. I have psoriasis.

Related Reading: psoriasis

Comment from: stan, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 25

i originally got this from somebody in s.america...not sure if it was available here yet but eitherway it worked well...mainly on certain spots of the body (back,legs,elbows,ear,scalp)..ive tried this on the spots i get on my fingers and it doesnt do much but keeps it a lil lubed (probably the mineral oil)..best combo ive used has been dovonex for spot treatment,clobex/talconex for tuff spots

Related Reading: clobex

Comment from: cassie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 06

although effectual, because I also wash my hair daily, as the rinsed lotion has touched my face, over s period of days my face became very red and the skin peeled, and was very dry.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 25

Dovenex for the scalp is somewhat effective but the Dovenex cream for other areas of the body are ineffective.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 03

I have had psoriasis for 5 years now and when using this product it burned but it did work for a week or so and then winter hit and it flared up and it stopped working. I stopped using it.

Comment from: MJ, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 11

I only have good things to say about Dovonex. I've only been using this a week and I'm very happy with the results I'm seeing. I'm an RN and I have Psoriasis on my elbows and knee. It hurts so bad in the winter when I wear long sleeves. I'm now looking forward to this winter.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 04

I was diagnosed with psoriasis on my hands and this was the solution. So far it has just burned and I have developed an awful rash on my hands as well as arm, neck and face. Not too happy with it right now.

Related Reading: rash

Published: July 13

I have used this product on and off for three years. When used with topical steroids, it has helped to clear up significant outbreaks that other creams could not treat. The medication also seems to help keep flare ups at bay. It has never stung, even when used on broken skin.

Comment from: Sue, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 01

I'm using it on my 9 Year old Granddaughter. The Dr. said when she's older she shoud start ging to a tanning bed. There has got to be a better way.

Published: March 09

I have psoriasis on my knees and elbows. My doc prescribed this medication to me. He said it would get worse before it gets better. Well, it got worse and for two months now I've been waiting for the "better" to take affect. It's super easy to aply and I did not experience any discomfort. It just didn't work for me.

Related Reading: psoriasis