Drisdol

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 07

I was prescribed to take 50,000 iu 1x a week. The first time I took it I had such bad anxiety for over a week until it got out of my system. Not taking it again, may try a lower dose from the drugstore daily instead. It was a horrific experience!

Comment from: Melissa55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 03

Over night of week one, no more pain in neck from spondylitis and no more pain in lower back or his. I have no idea why, but a wonderful surprise was in my feet which have always been so dry and cracked. It has softened my dry,hard, cracked heels. I never want to be off of my once a week pill again.

Comment from: Dee65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 10

I am used to having severe cramps in my legs. The cramps have gone away after 4 weeks of taking this drug. Otherwise no side affects.

Comment from: J55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 17

The first 48 hours on this medication were such a relief! I had been tested and was D deficient--I did not realize how sick I was and how much pain I was experiencing. The second day after Drisdol I could literally feel the relief in my hands and feet, like they were 'knitting' or healing. The pain was fading. My health returned. It took me years to reach beyond a level of 30, and I have to take liquid supplements every day and get plenty of sun, but I am deeply grateful for this medication, which I took for a long time to get to a level of 30. I have been at level 54 for 2 years.

Comment from: PopcornStraw25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 26

I took this for 4 weeks and was prescribed 12 weeks of the med, I was ok for the first 2 weeks and then really started to show signs of side effects and issues. I have been so unusually tired, my lower back hurts, I have very little appetite, my stomach hurts and I already have IBS and this has not helped any, my joints hurt as well. I will not be continuing to use this.

Comment from: NastoMasto45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 15

Hi blugrass587, I have the pain you described, but it worsened and got better, wax and wain.....I finally got a sacroiliac block and no longer have the pain, I highly recommend it, by a Pain Doctor, that is a Anesthesiologist! ;-). The Vitamin D has made me feel great, although I live in the south I cannot tolerate sun/heat, and I am no longer depressed, moody, and my body aches are much better. I still have bad days, but with my disease, it's still an improvement!!!

Comment from: gentyl2655-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 30

I've been on Drisdol 50000U once weekly for over six months now. I've had bone and joint pain in both legs but attributed it to my arthritis. Now after reading all the comments, I wonder if some of the pain has been caused by this supplementation. Interesting.

Comment from: georgiajammy55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 13

Low blood calcium after a total thyroidectomy. My parathyroid glands were damaged but are recovering (hopefully). I was prescribed Vit D2 to help my body absorb calcium better. It seems to be working? I do not have any side effects - feel fine. I take 1 capsule twice a week.

Comment from: Julia25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 29

I get stiff knees, especially if I have been sitting or crossing my legs for even a short period of time. The AdvoCare Joint Promotion has lubed my joints well so I don't get the stiffness anymore

Comment from: Dory65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 05

have used this medication for 6 months in dose od 50,000 units once a month. now my hair is falling out on top of head