Duac

Comment from: Kim, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 19

This medicine has improved my acne considerably. In addition, it takes a very short time to see results. It is extremely effective in treating breakouts and preventing new ones.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Hayels111, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 15

ok I've never posted a review but just had to for this stuff, it has changed my life!!! I put up with hormonal acne for years. I went to my dr and asked for acne medication but as I was going to be ttc again soon he didn't want to give me oral medication but gave me the duac cream to try... It lasts 2 months, and honestly it cleared my acne up within 3-4 weeks... I saw improvements straight away... I still got the odd pimple in that time but my biggest fear was that I would stop the cream and they would all come back. Well I used it for the full 2 months and I'm sooooo happy to say I literally have not had another single pimple since I stopped using it and that was 2 months ago!! every time I feel my soft smooth face I just can't believe it

Related Reading: duac

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

I am a 56 year old woman who had used Accutane to combat cystic acne (trust me....that kind of acne really hurts--it's like having pencil erasers under your skin). This product completely cleared up my acne and has prevented others from starting. You need to make sure to use a very thin layer--if you use too much you really can have dry skin. My skin looks wonderful now and this is so much cheaper than trying to have an Rx for Retin-A ($220+).

Related Reading: accutane | dry skin | retin-a

Comment from: Duac, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

I suffer from polycystic ovaries and have tried EVERY drug on the market including Roacuttane - twice. This is the only treatment in 30years that has worked long term.

Comment from: CB, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 27

My 13 year old daughter's acne was getting worse. She was prescribed Duac along with Differin and within 3 weeks her skin is 100% acne free. It did burn in the beginning and her skin did dry out, however, we used Aveeno lotion and it stopped the dryness. I cannot believe how clear her face is; she has been using this combination since 03/2009.

Related Reading: duac

Comment from: ward1022, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 23

I started using this product after having a baby which was breaking my skin out terribly. With in a couple weeks, the blemishes were gone. It has been almost 8 months and I still love this product. I would recommend this to anyone with acne problems.

Comment from: JH, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 13

I suffer from cystic acne and have been on many different meds for this. At first, my face turned red. After I got used to the drug, the redness went down and I noticed fewer and fewer pimples. It really seemed to work. I have been on this for over four years and have not seen any side effects. If I miss an application, I find some pimples. If I miss a week, I am completely broken out. Just watch out because contacting your face to any cloting or towels after an application will bleach them out. J

Comment from: thatgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 03

LIFESAVER!!! I struggled with acne for a decade - from my late teens into my twenties - and finally decided to go to a dermatologist. She put me on a regimen of Differin and Duac and the results were astounding! I wholeheartedly recommend this medication. For the first time in my adult life I have CLEAR SKIN! Anyone who has dealt with acne knows how crippling it can be and how incredibly difficult it is to try to interact normally with people knowing they are looking at your skin. I don't worry about that anymore. It is SO freeing! A few words of CAUTION though - it will bleach out your clothes, bed linens, etc so I use it at night and have white pillowcases to make that part a non issue. Also use the recommended amount and NO MORE! It will burn the heck outta your skin if you lather it on. Just use the recommended amount and be patient. I started with both the Duac and Differin and I had some nasty dry skin for 3-5 days while my skin adjusted but it was WORTH IT. So use a small amount like they say and suck it up for a few days - the peeling will go away! I can't say enough good about this cream and the only regret I have is not getting it ten years ago!

Related Reading: teens

Comment from: dee, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

I have been using this product for a couple of days now and so far no problem.I also use a retinol at night. For the reviewers that say that they experienced peeling, burning, severe cramps, it is stated in the paper that comes with the product. Some people dont bother to read this info and when they get a side effect they are suprised. I read the side effects and know that possibly I may experience burning, peeling and diaharrea since there is an antibiotic in the product. Also to reduce dryness one should use a moisturizing cleanser (Dove, Cetaphil) and lotion or thick moisturizer,NOT ACNE MEDICATED cleansers and lotions. Your skin will become even more dry. In addition a nightly medication is helpful and I'm also changing my diet by eating more fruits,veggies,water, whole grains and less refined starchy foods, saturated fats. All these factors may help in oilness,pimples and skin texture.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: DSGAPeach, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

When Proactive was no longer working, I switched to Duac. I have been on this topical cream on for a week and have already had no new pimples, the redness from my acne is disappearing and my skin looks refreshed. So far so good!

Related Reading: duac | acne

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

this cream is great! it only took me a week to see results. It even came with a cleanser. Im so glad I went to my doctor but so pissed I wasted so much money on Proactiv and drugstore brands. Duac is it.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 07

Great product! I saw results in a couple of weeks. When I feel a blimish coming on, I dab a little on it at night and when I wake up it is almost gone or completly gone. Great stuff!

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

this medication works really well i would recommend it it only took about 2 weeks to see dramatic results. i still have marks from the acne but those will fade in time. im very happy with this medocation

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 15

I'm using this along with spironolactone for my adult acne. I was supposed to use it everyday in the morning. Within the first 10 days of usage, my face severely broke out and I started to get hives all on my forehead. I thought I was having an allergic rxn, so I ran to the doctor, who halved my dosage for both meds to once every other day and at night. My skin calmed down almost overnight. By itself, it's very drying, but I use it with a mild, fragrance-free lotion and on off days I steam my face and then add lotion to seal in moisture, so my skin isn't dry at all. Can't wait until I'm completely clear!

Related Reading: spironolactone | hives

Comment from: dmdagostino, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 27

I have been struggling with acne for some time now. I started using duac about 5 years ago and use it every single day. My face is still not perfect and VERY dry and flaky. I believe this product has helped some but did not clear my acne completely.

Related Reading: duac

Comment from: Jade, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

This stuff is amazing! I have been using it for a week now, and my skin already looks better, I might even dare to go out without makeup on tomorrow... Really boosted my confidence, it has dried my skin and I'm quite flakey but I moisturise and I use a gently exfoliating face wash which helps, I'm definitely going to keep using this product and ask my doctor for a repeat prescription, absolutely amazing :)

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 13

Am 23 year indian women, when i first came to us i had lot of acne, then my doctor prescribed me this duac along with differin, after using both of them for one month, i didn't find any more acne on my face

Comment from: Dr. W, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 18

Why spend $160 for this coforumulation when you can obtain generic topical formulations of each medication - clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide - in the same concentrations and amounts for less than $40?

Related Reading: clindamycin

QUESTION

Acne is the result of an allergy. See Answer
Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

This product dried my skin out terribly. I used it for three months. I have had scaling and itching. After stopping this medicine I have broken out in bumps that remind me of poison oak. Since this is on my face, it's very embarrasing. I wish I had never tried this product.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

I am 27 years old with mild acne, redness and dry skin. I used this treatment once only. My entire face went bright red and blotchy, my eyes closed up, my skin peeled and several scaly patches have appeared. I have had to take the day off work and I don't know how I am going to cope with the rest of the week. I went back to the doctor and he said just wait for it to subside. As I was walking home from the doctors people were laughing at me in the street. I don't think I will be leaving the house for the next fortnight. Please test this medication on a small area first- if your skin is intolerant to it the results are devastating.

Related Reading: acne | dry skin

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 02

This acne gel cleared all my blemishes!

Comment from: Screen Name, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 25

I've been using this with a nightly cream and between the 2 I've gotten AMAZING results. It's only been about 2 weeks! This stuff does burn the crap out of my face and it makes me super flakey and the first week I was itchy too but the symptoms gradually subside with continued use. With the itching and burning it was hard to continue using it but if you can get through the first week or so of this pain and uncomfort you wont regret it.

Comment from: Cynthia, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 01

I've been using this product for a 2 months and my face has gone worse!!!My face has gotten red and very itchy and i think more pimples have sprung up. I dont like this product.

Comment from: Thissucks, 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 19

I tried this acne cream last night because i was having some breakouts on both sides of my face. It started burning my face about 3 hrs after the application. I had to skip school today and miss an exam. My face is bright red and itches and burns. This cream is awful because i only put a small amount on and it burnt off my whole face. It is incredibly embarrasing and highly uncomfortable. DONT USE THIS!

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: jessicaaebruno, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

This is very good because I tend to have oily skin even after using non prescription stuff as well. After it clears up, will still have it hand when I need to use it.