Durezol

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 16

I was being treated, with other meds for a year,and nothing helped, so my Dr. prescribed this med, and after 3 days of using the drops 4 times a day ,my pain and the severe redness had disappeared, now i'm on them once a day,have dr appointment in a few days,maybe i can stop.

Comment from: furious65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 23

this med caused me terrible pain/itching/burning in my eye. would not suggest useage. pain was unbearable - doctor did not recommend stoppage of drug for over two wks. by then my nerves were shot from intense pain. still having problems with eye after using the drug until it goes out of my system.

Comment from: cleareyes35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 08

I have chronic uveitis posterior/anterior (HLAB27 related to Ankylosing Spondelytis). During flares I have tried a number of different treatments: intraocular kenalog injections, prednisolone drops every 15 minutes to every hour depending on severity of flare, tobradex ointment at night, several other types of opthalmic steroids. Durezol works faster to calm flares and requires fewer drops than all others I've tried - 4x per day works better for me than generic prednisolone drops every 15 minutes. It's about 20-30x more expensive than generic prednisolone, but it's really, truly worth it. Side effects I have encountered: Slight stinging sensation when first applied to eye, increases the blur and light-sensitivity in the affected eye for around 20 minutes to an hour.

Comment from: dorothy pastis65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 04

I ate shrimp and went into anaphylactic shock. I went to emergency room. I told my Doctor who immediately asked for the Durezol as he had another patient who experienced the same symptoms. He said he would contact FDA regarding this drug. He did not hear from them. My question is this. I live at the beach and have eaten shell fish all my life. I have never had a reaction. Is there information regarding this type of extreme causation with this product. I would love to eat shell fish again. Please answer.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 09

It has been extremely helpful. I can see again, and have no pain!

Comment from: Naticris55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 08

I had cataracts surgery 4 weeks ago and use this med since 3 days previos. The pain and dryness is unverable. The Dr doesn't want me to stop the use. I don't think the med really helps. I don't recommend it.

Comment from: jamoe55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 15

Severe iching Dr doesn't seem to care Would have liked to know and try in advance there are oth steroids

Comment from: Chuck55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 11

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 05

This was one of three drops prescribed post-cataract surgery. It was to be administered four times a day for two weeks. The first time I used it, it burned slightly upon application. Over five days the burning gradually got worse. On the sixth day, about twenty minutes after the second application, my eye started to itch and I got several hives. I called the doctor and discontinued use immediately (doctor agreed). I applied an OTC cortisone cream to the hives one time. The next morning the hives were still visible but no longer itching, and my eye felt fine.

Comment from: klove20255-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 03

I have a reaction of sneezing and my left sinus is running constantly. I am not too happy with the side effects. But my eye is not as swollen. My eyesight is not clear.It's brand new to the market so we are the guinea pigs.

Comment from: Red960265-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 19

Used after Cataract surgery. Had no pain but did the drug work? Maybe not, but I used as directed.

Comment from: Resp. Girl123125-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 17

A few weeks following eye surgery my eye became very inflammed and irritated. My Dr. put the Durezol drops in at his office and I felt immediate relief. One day after using the drops my eye was better than it was before it got inflammed.

Comment from: Amp698731525-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 18

My inflammation is severe and almost non responsive to these drops.

Comment from: scarlettjo25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 14

I was put on this eye drop after Lotemax was unable to rid my eye of all inflammation. After taking this for a few days, I had some blurry vision, light sensitivity (including seeing halos around lights) and numbness on the side of my face. I went to the doctor, who found my eye pressure was 50, more than double what's normal. So I immediately stopped taking this.

Published: March 07

I never had trouble with it and could see again.

Comment from: Heidi35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 09

I experience Uveitis/iritis frequently, often several times a year. Durezol is amazing for treating this pain and inflammation. Having dealt with uveitis for nearly 20 years, I've seen a huge difference using durezol versus pred forte. Durezol requires much fewer doses and heals the imflammation in 3 - 6 weeks compared to 6 - 8 weeks or more with pred forte. The only negative for me is that I sometimes notice s bit of stinging when I place a drop in my eye. Frankly, it's worth a little stinging to take away the uveitis pain and heal the inflammation so quickly.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 11

This med has helped me tremendously, the pain had went away but recently return so my dr increased my dose and it's been working fine.

Comment from: 60nipples55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 10

Repeated development of uveitis during the weaning stage cause my prescription to change to Durezol attempting to reduce redness swelling flashes of light and severe pain caused by light sensitivity. I was excited to change medications but after 3week on Durezol and 12 weeks on different prescription for same symptoms I'm hoping for the best results. I don't want to lose this fight. So I look to the professionals for guidance.

Comment from: anonymous25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 24

This medication works well for Uveitis, much better than the generic Prednisone. The only issue I have had is that my vision has gotten much worse since starting the medication 2 weeks ago.

Comment from: Tom D65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 05