Edarbi

Comment from: C.Hill, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 30

I have been on edarbi for about 8-9 months. It really brought my BP down..sometimes too low,but started a hacky cough,feeling of vomiting, muscle spasms that were awful,painful joints,weakness,very tired,cough getting out of hand,and not tolerable.Urination weakness,and all around feeling awful. Medicare won't pay for it either.

Related Reading: edarbi | cough | muscle spasms

Comment from: lighteyes, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 04

I have been on edarbi 80mg for about 3 weeks it has lowered my blood pressure but it also cause me to have severe muscle pain in my chest and back so much I couldn't hardly breath, as a result I have had to come off the medication because the pain was unbareable....

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

I have had high blood pressure for 15 years. I am petite, I exercise 3 - 4 times a week and I eat a healthy diet. I have tried every family of BP medicine, and they all seem to have side effects. My goal is to find the medicine that has the least side effects and keeps my BP down. I have been taking Edarbi for 4 months. I take a 1/4 of a tablet and my BP readings are very good, sometimes too low which has never happened in the past. Side effects are muscle pain (primarily in my hands and wrists), weight gain(approximatley 8 - 10 pounds), and intense hot flashes. These side effects are minimal compared to other BP drugs so I will do my best to stay on this medicine.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | edarbi | hot flashes

Comment from: kjoyreid, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

My Dr switched me from Benicar HCT to Edarbi a week ago. So far, so good. No side effects and BP is perfect.

Related Reading: benicar hct

Comment from: Sandta, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

My Dr. gave me this medicine knowing full well I have renal stenosis and kidney stent. My BP shot up real figh, my heart was palpatating and more. I nearly was killed by this medicine. I am writing to the FDA about it!!!!

Comment from: jojosmith, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 10

was taking another drug that wasn't working dr. added edarbi, started at 80mg, blood pressure dropped to low 90/60. cut dose in half to 40mg and dropped other drug. Pressure is great always around 120/80. But side effects for me are tiredness, brain fog and difficulty in concentration. sometimes short term memory loss. Dr thought maybe i have alzheimers. but symtoms go away when stop taking edarbi for a few days. Doctors dont seem to want to believe that side effects are a problem. going to keep taking until i see a new cardiologist .

Comment from: 75 or over (Patient) Published: February 24

I am taking 40 mgs. of Edarbi and have reduced it to one tab every other day, as one a day was causing some dizziness and fatigue. The current program is effective and effects are more tolerable. I check pressure regularly and this dose is doing the job. Doctor okayed this.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: sophia, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 06

I've been on Edarbi 40mg tabs for almost 2 weeks,my BP is still not stable,sometimes dropping to 99/66,also my stomach has been cramping as if I need have a bowel movement or the feeling that I might have diarrhea.The doctor said to stay on the med.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 30

this medication has worked great for me. I was hospitalized 3 times in 3 months with high blood pressure. Nothing worked. My dr put me on edarbi and my blood pressure is perfect.

Comment from: wdbnder, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 23

This is the 8th drug now I have been given to try to reduce my high BP. Worked finally after about 2 weeks. But then I started to get severe joint and muscle pain, starting in my most used joints ( driving leg knee, and left shoulder- I am left handed) Also sometime uncontrolable bowel movements. Came off as an experiment, and symptoms subsided within 2 days. Went back on and almost immediatly soreness came back. I guess its back to the drawing board......

Comment from: hightolow, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 07

BP went from 165/110 to 128/88 within a week. A little light-headed but worth it v. high blood pressure.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: james, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 07

190/98 start on for a year always around 119/79. No complications. Easy to use drug. Benicar HCT and Micardis did not touch my BP. Caremark covers it I pay next to nothing for this drug.

Related Reading: benicar hct | micardis

Comment from: Toni, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

Been on for a year. Lowest blood pressure in three years. First few months experenced dizziness but that passed. Am currently having muscle spasms in upper arms and joint pain in the hip area. Also having trouble with pain while walking. Having my annual physical in three weeks will talk to doctor about spasms and joint pain.

Related Reading: dizziness | muscle spasms

Comment from: Georgia, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 07

I use no drugs except for high BP. I have tried most of the ones on the market, side effects of rashes, cough, muscle spasms, blurred vision. During 8 weeks without ANY BP drugs, my BP ranged 135/65 - 180/80 and I felt great. After 4 wks Edarbi 40m, BP now ranges from 170/90 to 116/50 within minutes. Frequent hot flushes, diarrhea, muscle aches, dizziness, very diminished sense of smell and taste, and fatigue. Not happy with this one, either.

Related Reading: cough | edarbi | diarrhea

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 30

Passing fecal matter multiple times per day, including it leaking out. Several times each week the diarrhea would explode from my body with little advance warning. resulting in major bathroom clean-ups. Gained fifteen pounds in the four months on it; ravenously hungtry/Persistent cough.

Comment from: Disdare, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

This medication was given to me by my Primary Care physician and had taken it for about three months. At first it controlled my BP and shortly threafter I began experiencing headaches, developed body rashes and finally urine retention. He thinks I should continue taking it and I refused to to do so. I had to be straight cath in the ER and must now followup with a Urologist.

Comment from: ms, 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 10

iat first it was the perfect med. now i just got out of the hospital due to a very low blood p reading 70 over 45. even though i reduce the dos to third . finally the hospital dr and other dr statd that this med dos indeed lower your blood pressure rating too muich. the only one refuseaccept the fact is the heart Dr. he dos not get it he want to keep saling and promoting this new med. i spend two day at the hospital because of this med lower the heart blood pressure all sudden withourt any warninig

Comment from: angel2wyld2, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

Severe stomach issues and muscle spasms.

Comment from: Larry, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

Experienced severe dizziness and no lowering of blood pressure. Also muscle and joint pain on first day.

Comment from: CE, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 17

I have been taking Edarbi 80mg a day for about 6 months along with 2 other BP drugs. When my doctor started me on Edarbi my BP returned to a normal level within a couple of days and the hard pounding sensation I had with my heart went away. I have been on many different BP medications over the years but this is the only one that has satisfied me and my doctor. I currently take 80mg Edarbi, 10mg Amlodipine, 150mg Toporol. The Edarbi is the only one of these medications BCBS of Florida will not pay for and it works the best.

Related Reading: edarbi | amlodipine

Comment from: Sylacauga, Alabama Man, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 08

Been on Edarbi 40mg. for 6 months. I also take Bystolic 40mg. (max dosage)- together, these do the trick. One problem after about 16 hours in a 24 hour day, BP tends to go from: 100/70 to 189/110. Edarbi will indeed: (1) itchy skin & head like rash, (2) difficult with Heavy Breating (3) stomach churning (4) weakness in: hips, legs, back, arms (5) swelling in ankles and feet (6) a empty of bowel through out day (7) brain fog (8) minor cough like (Lisinopril) (9) weight gain like (Lyrica) (10) Erectile Dysfunction (Male). NOTE: IF YOU CAN ONLY USE 40MG. (DO SO) EDARBI COMES IN 40MG. & 80MG. Note: Edarbi has alot of side effects, but over time depending on individual they will become less bothersome. This is the newest BP Medication on market currently. USE WITH CAUTION !!

Related Reading: rash | cough | lisinopril

Comment from: vrnevets, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 15

5’8 280lbs 42%bf. Been using Edarbi 40mg for 6 months.(80mg cut in haft) Works just like its supposed too.. I do notice more urination but very clear, who knows this could be from the bystolic 5mg, (10mg cut in haft) I was started on both at the same time. Had 145/100 blood pressure now I run about 124/73. If I would try a better diet, and exercise I would not need either. Something I’ll work on right after this bag of chips and movie. I must say, nether pill helps with motivation.

Comment from: HBP17799, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

Blood pressure dropped from 171/99 to 103/66 in a matter of days. Only two problems (1) insurance won't cover it once the free samples run out (2) it gives me the weirdest dreams (not scary just oddball)

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

Controls by BP great, but having terrible back pain and sometimes strange taste in mouth.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

After many years of different drugs for high B/P without great success, doctor put me on 80 mg of edarbi. By the fifth day I was so weak I could hardly stand without holding on to something - incredible muscle fatigue with accompanying bouts of abdominal, back, and leg cramps/spasms. Six days later when it was still present and life altering, I phoned the doctor to report that I could not go on like this. She told me to take 1/2 tablet and monitor and let her know on Monday (a week from call) then she called back to say maybe it was the Paleo diet I was on. I did not believe that for a moment as I am eating healthier than I have in years. AND I saw the reports here of the same issues I was having. It brought my B/P down dramatically - even low - so it works on the issue, but if these awful side effects do not go away by reducing to 1/2 tab, I will refuse to stay on this medication.

Related Reading: edarbi | fatigue