Elestat

Comment from: DON L W75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 31

I HAVE USED THIS MEDICATION FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND IT DOES HELP THE ITCHING. HOWEVER THE COST HAS GONE OUT OF SIGHT AT $130/SMALL BOTTLE. MY Dr. TOLD ME TO SWITCH TO ZADITOR OPHT. IT IS OVER THE COUNTER AND DOES THE SAME THING AS ELASTAT.

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 26

Over a month ago, I developed an allergic reaction to a new eyeliner that I used and this reaction lasted for over a month. I finally went to my mother's ophthalmologist and he prescribed elestat. These drops DO work but they can cause some itching and dryness which can really irritate your eyes if you don't use enough drops. Glad that it provided relief for my allergies though. :)

Comment from: CAROLEon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 24

USING FOR LESS THAN A MONTH FOR EYE ITCHING AND DRYNESS OF THE EYE. I AM VERY SATISIFIED WITH ELESTAT.

Comment from: angie35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 26

Published: April 26

Works better as preventive, not treating current eye allergy reaction.

Comment from: Uncle B75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 19

I have an allergy which effects the right side of my head only including my right eye.I only have a sample of this drug which i was using sporadically;but I am getting some relief.

Comment from: elizabeth55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 03

I take Elestat for severe eye itching and redness from 50 years of allergies and it works without the stinging you get from Optivar or the little white deposits from the Patanol. I also use Elestat off-label with doctor's permission in my ears, which helps reduce their horrible itching in season that no drop made for the ears helped at all. Note while Elestat reportedly does not dry out the eyes as much as other antihistamine drops, all produce some degree of drying. So while Elestat can help eliminate itching fairly well, the drying can make allergic conjunctivitis worse (a very painful condition that feels like something's in your eye scratching the surface). I've found if I supplement the Elestat an hour or two later with OTC Optive Refresh Plus with gel in single dose form (without the normal preservatives many allergic people react to), I can prevent the allergic conjunctivitis. There is no one drop that can do it all!

Comment from: jess19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 28

**EDIT: I meant to say, "but they can cause some itching and dryness which can really irritate your eyes if you don't use enough LUBRICATING drops". It's an antihistamine which means it's will also dry your eyes out a bit.

Comment from: Cocogracie55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 08

Works only marginally better than OTC products - not worth the expense

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 10