Elidel

Comment from: MSYG25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 23

I was getting eczema under the inner portion of my eyes. I was using steroids during every flair up only for the eczema to come right back a couple weeks later. I was finally prescribed Elidel which seems to be working wonderfully. I am careful not to get it in my eyes since it is very close to my inner eye. The texture of the skin under my eye seems like it is returning back to normal. Using the steroids under the eye was starting to change the texture under my eyes and only worked temporarily, that is why I decided to try Elidel. So far, so good. Dr said to use twice a day for 3 weeks. I am on day 7 so I will update this in a month or so. Crossing my fingers.

Related Reading: eczema | elidel

Comment from: WandaB25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 08

This cream has been magic, significantly improving my facial eczema, mild rosacea, and atopic dermatitis within a couple of days.

Related Reading: eczema | rosacea | atopic dermatitis

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 11

I had uncontrolled atopic dermatitis on my face, ears and chin area. Nothing worked; Dr.gave me Elidel and said to use 2x day for 6 wks. Very soothing unlike other meds; After two weeks drastic improvement. Skin is soft with no itching or redness. Love the product.

Related Reading: atopic dermatitis | elidel

Comment from: Eczema Surviver55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 14

Having suffered from Eczema off and on all my life, this winter has be particularly bad with area around eyes and mouth red/raw. Used a number of steroid creams and no ease in condition. Consultant prescribed Elidel - Boy did it burn for the first 2 days. I thought my face was going to melt, it was so painful. Stuck with it and now no stinging and WOW!! face a little dry around eyes but improving each day, no redness and looking a lot healthier. Glad i put up with the discomfort as I'm now so pleased to find a product that's working. Only 1 week of use and I feel human again.

Related Reading: eczema | elidel

Comment from: sydherma13-18on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 12

have had eczema on my face since i can remember and was prescribed elidel and its been around 4 days and have only noticed a change in the texture of my skin, but redness and MASSIVE irritation still occurs. OUCH!

Related Reading: eczema | elidel

Comment from: Irritated65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 22

Instructed to use on eyelids; eye brows; upper cheek areas. Eyelids became more red an pimple like eruptions occurred. Very difficult to rub into eyelid and not expect/risk getting to near eyes.

Comment from: ck65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 05

I began getting eczma skin irritations around my eyes and on my temples. I tried several over the counter meds with no success. My skin was red, very itchy and became quite noticeable. I went to a dermatologist who prescribed Elidel. I applied the cream to all effected skin areas. The first application burned my skin (my the dermatologist said it might) so I washed it off over night. The next morning I then applied it more sparingly and the burning was mush less. Each time I used it, it burned less and cleared my skin up more and more. Now I use it with no burning and my symptoms are significantly improved. I use a light application twice a day and I'm very happy with the results. I wish this was a cure, but in my own eczema is a chronic condition, so Elidel is likely my long term solution. Now all they need to do is make the price more reasonable.

Related Reading: elidel | eczema

Comment from: chloe13-18on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 31

i and eczema on my faced when i used it I IT WAS THE MOST PAIN IT HURT SO MUCH not using again

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: Jai C35-44 Published: August 15

I had severe eczema on my face, forehead, cheeks and eyebrows nearly all my life. I was ok at school, but when I hit college, the eczema just flared up and went totally out of control. It was so scaly and flaky and itchy on a daily basis that due to my constant scratching, I had no eyebrows left as they had fallen out. And my skin was so damaged that new eyebrows couldn't grow. My face was always red like I had severe sunburn. Mentally I was in a really bad place due to the eczema. I suffered with it really badly. Normal conventional facial medication prescribed by the GP did very little and sometimes it made the itching and scratching even worse. It was towards the end of 2003 that I accidently came across Elidel whilst reading a newspaper. There was an article in the newspaper on how well Elidel had helped someone’s young child that was suffering with severe eczema. I approached my GP and told him about it and said I would like to try it. He found and prescribed it for me. And that was just over 12 years ago. Just after a few weeks of using Elidel, my face actually started to heal. My skin tone changed and so did its texture. I just couldn’t believe it. The colour actually came back to what it should have been originally, which was a colour which I had actually forgotten. Even in the early stages of using the medication, the results came quick and even the GP commented on how well my skin had improved. There was no more itching or the need and desire to scratch. It has totally eradicated the eczema and has been absolutely life changing. People wouldn’t even believe that I ever had eczema. Now in 2019 I just apply a few small dabs on my cheeks after showering. I don’t ever need to apply any to my forehead. And after the application, I just apply some normal Vaseline intensive care. This medication has truly changed my life and I hope that those that need it can find it and try it.

Related Reading: eczema | sunburn | elidel

Comment from: Nand35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 07

My dermatoligist prescribed Elidel with confidence. She first gave a sample to try, and later I'd have to buy it. She was extremely sure of the expected result. First, the medicine, despite my gold plan, was prohibitively expensive. Second, the medicine did not work for me at all. I used it just as the doc advised but there was absolutely no improvement.

Related Reading: elidel

Comment from: livewireis25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 31

I had a sever cold and runny nose and went on a boat charter and created a very infected sore just below my nose on my bow of my lip. It turned black. My Dr gave me this and my lip became more black and eventually scuffed off and there was pink new skin in 6 weeks of use and I used for another 6 weeks and my skin looks the same as it was before.

Comment from: Elizabeth65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 14

I had small dry patches on my arms with discoloration. I was described Elidel. After using it for 10 days I suddenly developed a cold sore on the inside of my lip. Never had one before. It was bad. I stopped using it. I waited a couple of months and tried again. Another cold sore emerged. It is one of the side effects. Done using. I have a new unopened tube. Interested in it?

Related Reading: elidel

Comment from: 3-6on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 04

My 6 year old son has some plaque type psoriasis. He has a few patches on his cheeks near his ear. His skin became so much smoother after just 1 application!! He has not mentioned burning. But then, I apply this after he falls asleep. (He is on the spectrum and does not have an easy disposition at times- especially for anything new.)

Related Reading: psoriasis

QUESTION

Eczema (also atopic eczema or atopic dermatitis) is a general medical term for many types of skin inflammation. See Answer