Elidel

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 04

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 19

I am a 39 year male using it for Dermatitis. This is the best cream of all the ones I have used in the past.

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 24

I HAD VERY BAD SEBOREHIC DERMATIDIS ON MY FACE. I USED ELIDEL AS PRESCRIBED,IT DID CLEAR THE SKIN UP (TEMPORARILLY LIKE MANY OTHERS) BUT THIS CREAM DID SOMTHING TERRIBLE TO MY EYES. THEY BURN AND STING, I TOLLERATED THE BURNING FOR ABOUT 1 YEAR(i told my doctor about it) put me on somthing else. but 4 years later i still have very bad burning eyes no doubt caused by this cream. bad drug .

Comment from: itchybitchy35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 10

I began taking Elidel for an uncomfortable itch associated with Eczema. The first 1-3 days it seemed to have been working and then, my face was under severe attack. The itch became agonizing, and my whole face became red, swollen, and broke out with heat rash type bumps. This drug made my existing symptoms worse and gave me a few new ones. DO NOT USE

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 12

Very expensive, discomfort after application and bad reaction. Lips became swollen and burned, and had unusual redness and bumps. Used it 3 times -- stopped, and then another 2 times ~three days later. Won't use again.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 18

I put the cream on for two days in two tiny spots on my face and immediately developed a burning fever of my whole face and hands, and awoke on day two with my left eye swollen shut! My eye doctor told me there is a chemical substance used in this that is administered to organ recipients to help prevent organ rejection. This stuff is poison and I would never recommend it to anyone. The worst part is that I only had a little bit of dry skin and I was given a last resort drug. And to make matters worse I've had a sore throat for two days now. The dry skin is gone, but at what cost? Please avoid this cream at all costs.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 17

I developed eczema at age 20, all on my face and scalp. I had itchy, dry, and flaky patches that made me look like I had a bad disease. Hydrocortisone did not help. My Dr. prescribed this topical cream and my itchiness and scaliness went away. But it has worsened my inflamation to the point that my face is almost entirely red. I wish that there was a cream for the redness, too.

Comment from: Melissa25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 15

I�m not going to lie, this is a miracle cream for SHORT TERM SUCCESS. Let me repeat, SHORT TERM SUCCESS. If you research elidel you will see it is dangerous to use long term as it is an immunosuppressant and is linked to skin cancer. I used elidel for 7 days and boy did it work. I was over the moon excited that the red bumps and itching was gone, but not for long. As soon as I stopped elidel my dermatitis came back and was 10 times worse! Many people can�t ever stop using this because of the withdrawal effects. If you want to stay on a dangerous medication forever than this is for you. If you are looking for long term success without the dangers of using this cream, don�t even start it because you will be extremely disappointed once you stop.

Comment from: Nand35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 07

My dermatoligist prescribed Elidel with confidence. She first gave a sample to try, and later I'd have to buy it. She was extremely sure of the expected result. First, the medicine, despite my gold plan, was prohibitively expensive. Second, the medicine did not work for me at all. I used it just as the doc advised but there was absolutely no improvement.

Comment from: LT Brown35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 10

Elidel is extremely effective. Please be careful not to use it more than 3-4 days at any given time. I use this creme on my face because I have very sensitive skin and break out from rashes. Elidel does a fantastic job clearing it right up. Again, please don't overuse this drug, as the side effects will be bothersome.

Comment from: Anna19-24on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 19

I went through nearly every cream out there for my eczema on my face - and I mean everything. But I had a reaction to it all,and I was starting to lose hope. Then, I was prescribed Elidel. It's an awesome cream, and it really helped clear up my ezcema. I'm still using it now, and I still have ezcema, but Elidel has made a lot of difference. I didn't notice any side effects from it.

Comment from: whiteoak45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 24

I tend to get red spots on my face often, they are like allergy rash, but with a smooth surface, not raised, not itchy, can be as big as a quarter coin or like as small like rice, I feel it is related to the food I eat, but so far I still don't know what it is. Anyway, once I got this red spots, they don't go away by themselves, some day seems better, some day are worse...and I can't use any facial lotion/cream, those will make spots irritated and become hot red....so Doctor gave me these couple years ago, and it works like a charm, the red spots fade away in couple days and then totally disappeared. I can go back to my facial care routines, and I am fine for a while. I am always have these medicine on my drug cabinet, because, I will get the spots 2-3 times a years. This elidel is my saver, because without this medicine, the red spot will stay forever and many times more and more pops up and making the situation worse. I am so grateful for those medicine researchers who discovered this wonder.

Comment from: Sandydub65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 03

Hydrocortisone only made my skin condition worse. Elidel and a course of doxycycline have nearly eradicated the rash, which was around my mouth and quite disfiguring.

Comment from: Expensive Eyes45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 30

After 2 weeks of allergic reactions to other medical treatment for the dermatitis around my eyes I sought help from a Dermatologist. He said I should not have a bad reaction to Elidel. ONE application proved that to be wrong! Within 30 minutes my eyelids burnt, turned even more red, developed blisters and began to swell even more! Directions state not to use around the eyes, nostrils etc. but the doctor said to use it around my eyelids, it would be okay. Maybe doctors need further training with this product.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 31

I have had ezcema for most of my life, when I was in my twenties my arms looked so bad it looked like I was a leper. My doctor put me on elidel and I could not be happier. I believe this medicine has 'cured' my ezcema because I have not had any problems since then.

Comment from: Elizabeth65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 14

I had small dry patches on my arms with discoloration. I was described Elidel. After using it for 10 days I suddenly developed a cold sore on the inside of my lip. Never had one before. It was bad. I stopped using it. I waited a couple of months and tried again. Another cold sore emerged. It is one of the side effects. Done using. I have a new unopened tube. Interested in it?

Comment from: John35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 17

Burns constantly and also cannot get in the sun or you will feel an additional burning. Also, if you get it near your eyes it will cause you to get a stye. do not use.

Comment from: 13-18on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: September 17

Comment from: Tonya25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 21

Well burns but heals for the moment...my mild eczema condition got better in a matter of days hope that the result will persist. Unfortunately skin recover will take much longer...please share your experience.

Comment from: asyoulikeit65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 07

The corners of my mouth were raw and sore. I don't recall if the dermatologist had a specific name for that but it seems this condition is not rare. He provided a small sample of Elidel and there was some immediate relief and within several weeks the sores were gone and have not returned in the two years since.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 04

Need for skin rash on eye area - worked quickly, easy to use, and got rid of rash when nothing else did.

Comment from: Rox45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 27

Worked great. Mighty expensive though. I'd try something else first if it had a good chance of taking care of the rash

Comment from: concerned mom0-2on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 27

my 18 month old son was told to use this for the bumps on his arms, we were told he has eczema, he had two seizures within 6 months of using it; not sure if it is related, but I think it may be related

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 16

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

Comment from: cactus65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 14

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 28

i also have eczema & rosacia. it got rid of my rash (atopic dermatitis) but i don't use for the eczema (i've used ultravete & haven't had a flare up in over 15 years don't use anything right now) but for the redness, it makes my face hot (burning for few days then it goes away) but i feel like heat comes out of my skin & it's warm to the touch. I have better results from nizoral & noritate mix or just now metro gel. I have very sensitive skin & am slavic origin so I am very pale. After reading the risks, I don't think i'd like to use long term.

Comment from: bridget42725-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 27

I've used this cream with a lot of success.

Rosacea, Acne, Shingles, Covid-19 Rashes: Common Adult Skin Diseases See Slideshow