Elmiron

Comment from: Jaelithe35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 08

I have not had any relief and I’m losing my hair. I’m trying to stick it out since it’s only been a month but I wish the FDA would invest more time and money into the study of Interstitial Cystitis. There are too many people suffering for something that is incurable. I cannot Work, I can barely ride in a car. It’s affecting my life and I feel like nothing is being done to help.

Related Reading: interstitial cystitis

Comment from: Grateful55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: July 20

I was diagnosed with IC 13 years ago. My obgyn put me on Ditropan for overactive bladder, but it did not stop the pain. After seeing a urogolist, I was diagnosed and he added elmiron to the Ditropan and it stopped the pain. I am still on Ditropan once a day and elmiron twice a day, and I am so greatful that I hardly every have any problem. And that's only when I eat or drink too much of the foods that irritate the IC condition. I have cut way back on citric drinks, artificial preservatives, msg, smoked meats, caffeine, soda, etc. Ask your doctor for a list of foods that negatively affect the condition, or check it on the web. I do thank God for insurance, because elmiron is very expensive.

Related Reading: ditropan | overactive bladder | elmiron

Comment from: peggy75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 22

had this problem for 6 year ,, Gave no relief of bladder symptoms and caused severe stomach upset, smelly urine, still on it,

Comment from: mad in NJ75 or overon Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 14

I was prescribed to take 4 tablet a day, its so expensive I can get along w/one a day, BUT my so called doc will only write a script for 3 a day, said that is what is recommended. I need a script for 360 and that will last me almost a year, but no he refuses. These people who RECOMMED ON:|LY 3 a day has NEVER had the pain I have had. Sick of whimp doctors, and he is urologist to boot. Shame on the medical community. But I will get a doc that will give me a script for 360 and they will last me and cheaper for me. Mad in New Jersey

Comment from: Tweety55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 12

I've only been on this for 1 week. 1st 2 nights had severe foot cramps, now having tendonitis symptoms in legs and butt. Had to take chlonapin to sleep last night. Skipped my dose but still have the tendonitis this am. Too scared to stop Elmiron so just took 1 this am instead of the 2 prescribed. I've heard levaquin induced tendonitis can cause permanent disability and this feels just like that. Interested in knowing if anyone else has had this side effect.

Related Reading: elmiron | levaquin

Comment from: Marcy R25-34on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 16

Hello! So I’m on here because I’ve been diagnosed with IC for over 10 years. I’m 27 and I was on Elmiron for about 7 of those years. I recently stopped taking it because of the crazy price jump..I have great insurance and it still went up $100 a month. So I’m here to write that if anyone on here is taking it for IC and can’t afford it look into ‘Desert Harvest Freeze Died Aloe Pills’.My doctor told me about them awhile back as a way for people who don’t have insurance to be medicated. It’s not the cheapest but I will say I can actually tell these pills work, where with Elmiron I never could. I never felt as good as I do with the Desert Harvest pills and they are cheaper! Elmiron has always had a low percent of working for others anyway so please, if you can’t afford it, try the freeze dried aloe pills. I take 3 a day with marshmallow root pills(amazon)and my flares have never been better. Hope people who can’t afford Elmiron see this and try it. Good luck!??

Related Reading: elmiron | aloe

Comment from: SusyD35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 14

I was diagnosed with IC 3 weeks ago and Elmiron has giving my life back. Its very expensive, but my insurance covers it. Thank god. I recommend Elmiron. I haven't had any crazy side effects as of now. Thanks Elmiron.

Related Reading: elmiron

Comment from: Heyday 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 13

IâÂ?Â?m being treated for IC with Elmiron. Also noteworthy, I have gastroparesis, GERD, IBS, endometriosis, adenomyosis, Asthma, and Allergic Rhinitis. My specialists are working together thankfully and have explained how these symptoms overlap. ItâÂ?Â?s a radiating pain and cyclical. IâÂ?Â?m taking Elmiron along with a low dose Antidepressant, omeprazole, doing 3x a week yoga and pelvic floor therapy. IâÂ?Â?m also on a purÃ?©ed food diet now. The pain is almost non existent now! 6 months ago I felt hopeless as IâÂ?Â?ve been in some degree of pain for 15 years and it was at its worst. IâÂ?Â?m thankful to finally have some relief and answers after so many years of âÂ?Â?symptom managementâÂ? but not knowing exactly what the symptoms were from! The only side effects Iâ??ve experienced are light hair thinning and raw elbows.

Related Reading: elmiron | gastroparesis | gerd

Comment from: Kmenk55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 01

Just got this RX. Afraid to take with my Eliqis? Anyone else take this while on blood thinners?

Comment from: mshabka65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 28

I've just started the elm iron one week ago for the IC put it's rely more than painful until this moment and Iam taking the medication three times a day its not covered

Urinary Incontinence in Women: Types, Causes, and Treatments for Bladder Control See Slideshow