Elocon

Comment from: sonomalabs, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 28

I have been using this product for over 25 years to prevent wax build-up in my ears. I use it after every shower and after swimming. Elocon 0.1 was prescribed by my ear doctor and has cut my ear cleaning visit from one year to over three years.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 13

Elocon .1% was prescribed by my ENT for itching deep inside by ear due to sinus/allergy. Great relief. I saturate a QTip or you can use 1 drop.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: baberuth, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 26

Work with wood a lot and it just sucks the oil from my hands and the skin around my finger nails will some times split and become Very tender. This will usually clear it up almost over night !

Comment from: [email protected], 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 29

I have been using this for excema for about a week on my foot. It is hard to tell if it is working because every day I have to wear shoes that rub on the condition and by the time I get home my foot is sore and irritated.

Comment from: [email protected], 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 18

I am 37 and have eczema all of my life. I have used everything over the counter & nothing works. This product stops the itching immediately. Clears up my skin in 12 to 24 hours. I have reaccurances of excema a few times a month, but with the medicine, breakouts are tolerable.Love it!

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: mak, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 19

I have Keratosis Pilaris and my legs became so inflamed it hurt to put on pants. I went to my doctor and he prescribed Elocon lotion which I filled right away. By the third dose the bumps went down completely and now four days later my legs are almost smooth. Oh I forgot, the irritation and pain went away after the first use. I use this product on the back of my arms, my bottom, and thighs with no side effects. It does nothing for the scars the bumps leaves but I am totally fine with that, can't wait for legs like butter :D

Related Reading: keratosis pilaris | elocon lotion | scars

Comment from: (Patient) Published: October 26

What started out as a red, itchy spot behind my ear quickly spread to my scalp and caused tremendous pain, itching, and flakiness. The areas would scab over and cause even more flakes. I thought it was dandruff, but I was told it was atopic dermatitis and to use Elocon. Original formula was a petroleum jelly based product - very messy (especially when applying to the scalp) but worked great! The new formula is very thin like rubbing alcohol, and yet has a bit of an oily consistency so it will rub into the skin. I did experience slight stinging, but attributed it to the areas of my skin that I had scratched because of the itching. I also experienced quick healing of the affected areas and as long as I didn't scratch and pick at the healing areas, all symptoms went away within about a week. I was told that stress can exacerbate the condition. Therefore, I try to reduce stress and if I feel like I can't control my stress and the symptoms begin to come back, I can apply the Elocon and prevent it from being a big issue. It's such an incredible relief after you apply the product. I'll take a little stinging any day over the incessant itching and embarrassing flaky skin that comes with atopic dermatitis on the scalp. I also like the formula because it comes in a bottle with a tip that allows for the perfect amount of product to be dispensed exactly in the area I need it. I would, and have, recommended it to others.

Related Reading: dandruff | atopic dermatitis | stress

Comment from: Teresa, 13-18 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 01

I am a 15 year old girl and my excema had gotten so bad that the dermatologist had been shocked by it. It was open and weeping and there was blood drawing from beneath. I found it so painful I couldn't tollerate anything touching it. I was refered on to see the 'Top' dermatologist later that day who phoned my doctor. She was shocked when he sent her my files through. You see I know exactly how well medication works and I can tell you if my skin has become immune to it within days / hours of trying it. I had said to my doctor that the hydrocortizone cream was not doing any good at all as all it was effectively doing was 'nothing' as my skin has become immune to it. He replied excuse me I'm your doctor I think I would know if your skin has become immune to it. So, when we were at the dermatologists' she asked me about it and I repeated what I had told my doctor days after starting the hydrocortizone. She asked my mum how he reacted and she told her. The dermatologist was really nice and asked to see a written account in a weeks time but I gave her my diary and she had seen all my accounts I had made within the past 8 months. She came to lunch with us reading through my accounts and asking me more questions then she agreed with what I'd been saying all along and gave me ELOCON to try. After 2 hours of starting it my skin was already closing up. I was amazed. My mother even took photos every hour to show the 'COCKY' doctor. Within a week it had miraculously improved. Now I use Elocon 1 every day at the most and my skin looks pretty good. I would recomend this to anyone who like me has been through hell and has been used like a test dummy for every medication you can name since they were weeks old. I hope if anyone does use it they achieve great results!

Related Reading: elocon

Comment from: darkarbl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 24

due to hearing loss I wear a hearing aid in my right ear, my ear canal "sweats", I can use 6-10 cotton swabs a day just to dry the ear canal where the hearing aid "sits" -- after just 2 applications of Elocon 0.1% cream my ear has stopped "sweating" -- WHAT RELIEF.. thanks

Related Reading: hearing loss | elocon

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 06

I use Elocon about once every 2 months. It is great at reducing my itchy psoriasis on my neck to practically nothing.

Related Reading: psoriasis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 17

I love it. The only medication that worked for me

Comment from: mychem78, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 06

I had not been sastisfied with this medication. My skin still remains itchy. Even after using for a year. Makes my skin really sensative that when I scatch the area, it starts to bleed.

Comment from: lbocook, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

In using this topical treatment I am amazed at how well it has worked! The redness, itching and scaling has been eliminated almost completely.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

I WORK IN AN OFFICE SETTING WITH LOTS OF PAPER WORK TO DO, I WISH IT WAS A LITTLE LESS GREASEY

Comment from: Theresa, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 07

I don't use this very often because it works so well. Sometimes I get eczema on my hands and where my arm bends opposite my elbow. Even though it says don't use on your face or near your eyes, my eyelids and under my eyes sometime get eczema and I put a very small amount on. I only have to apply it once, maybe a second day, and it is gone. I noticed my tube of Elocon cream was almost 10 years outdated, (but it still worked when I rarely needed it), so went back to my Dr. He prescribed the generic Elocon (mometasone furoate cream) and it DOES NOT work like the brand name. The cream base is different and maybe that is the difference. In any case, until I get back to my doctor, I am going to continue to use my expired Elocon and request the new prescription be only that.

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 01

I love this it is great for just about any kind of skin irratation would like to know cost of elocon so i can purchase more

Related Reading: elocon

Comment from: child with allergies, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: April 29

My 5 year old has severe allergies. He had a skin reaction to mulch (fertilzer) from his forehead to his back. The elocon cleared it up within hours of applying it. He said it burned a bit at first but nothing that made him scared of it's future use. We've used it twice now with the same results- outstanding!!!

Comment from: Brian A F, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

I have a thumb and nail infection. Although the redness and swelling did decline after a week of applying the ointment, I still have peeling skin and nail base irritation. I am having lab. tests made for a possible fungal infection and have to wait for results so to be fair, Elocon may only be a needed part of the solution.

Comment from: lksndo, 13-18 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 23

I have struggled with eczema and allergy-related rashes most of my life and have found this to be very effective. Itchiness disappears almost instantly and rashes heal fast. It has also been remarkable for insect bites.

Related Reading: allergy

Types of Psoriasis: Medical Pictures and Treatments See Slideshow
Comment from: HBD, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 27

My insurance would not cover Elocon. So I never had the opprotunity of knowing if it works or not.

Related Reading: elocon

Comment from: twins2wld, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

I wasnt prescribed this med, but given to me by my friend because of a rash I kept getting on my upper, inner arms. This was the only thing that got rid of it! I am going to the doc if the rash comes back and request Elocon topical.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: puffy piggy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

The medication works well, but I've notice I'm eating alot more that before using it.

Comment from: princess, 13-18 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 08

i was given this item for my skin i have psoriasis and it has seemed to make things worse

Related Reading: psoriasis

Published: September 07

My rash looks better but has not cleared up. I have one refill left, so we will see. I think that I need a stronger dose or medication.