Emend

Comment from: Elena, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 16

I went through 6 months of chemotheraphy and was prescribed Emend. It worked wonders. I never got sick.

Related Reading: emend

Comment from: Trena, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

I just finished my 2nd round of chemo (breast cancer) and the 3rd and final Emend of this round. Two rounds to go yet. It must be really working well (no nausea, etc.)because I still have the back-up of Zofran (which gave me a headache) and Ativan (haven't needed that one either). I have no complaints. About other things, yes, but I can't pin anything on Emend, that's for sure! Other good things I found are the Weight Watchers yogurt with prebiiotics and probiotics, and Gatorade.

Related Reading: breast cancer | zofran | headache

Comment from: yo-queenie, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

This drug caused the worst life experience I have ever incurred. I wound up in the hospital for 4 days on day 7 of my chemo due to severely difficult bowel movements; extreme loss of body water; incomplete/infrequent bowel movements; feel like throwing up; stomach cramps; loss of appetite; head pain; throwing up; heartburn; taste problems; low amount of potassium in blood; gas; pelvic pain; not feeling well – all of which are known side affects of EMEND and not disclosed with dispensation of the drug. I found the information afterwards on the internet. I was hospitalized for DAYS with extreme intestinal blockage and in EXTREME pain. I will NEVER take this drug again; I questioned whether I would even continue my cancer treatment if this is what I would have to go through.

Related Reading: heartburn | pelvic pain | emend

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 11

Thank God that you have produced this drug

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 29

I had my first adriamycin/cytoxan chemo treatment yesterday. I was given Emend shortly before my infusion and took another one when I got up this morning. Other than VERY mild queezy feelings every now and then ... Emend is working wonderfully!!

Related Reading: cytoxan

Comment from: horsegirl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

I was switched to Emend after my chemo regimen was changed mid-treatment (prior was using Zofran for anti-nausea). Emend seems very effective compared to the medications that target the stomach, rather than the brain.

Comment from: liswar01, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 20

An expensice med but WELL WORTH THE PRICE. I expereienced absolutely no nausea and did not vomit once during my entire 6 month ciurse of treatment.

Comment from: bkl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

Have not had any side affects at all since taking it.

Comment from: ladyJ, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 16

This medication worked wonders for me (breast cancer) currently undergoing chemo treatments, have 1 chemo treatment left to go & I wouldn't do it w/o taking my emend pills as prescribed, as expensive as they were through my work insurance company ($40-co-pay), but worth every cent.

Related Reading: emend

Comment from: Bill, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 06

After combined with Zolfram my vomiting stopped and nausea dropped significantly as beforehand Zolfram itself was only partially effective with delayed nausea and vomiting

Related Reading: nausea and vomiting

Comment from: makatmc, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 31

When he had his first chemo he was so sick the next day after he came home from hspital he could not go to radation I found out that he did not get his emend. The second chemo I took charge of his meds and refused to give them to hspital it made all the difference in the world. No sickness the home health nurse who dropped off the IV fluids even noticed the difference. Emend made my job so much easier it is hard enough on him dealing with cancer it makes it worse if he is sick. Thank the makers of emend not only did you help him you helped me.

Related Reading: emend | cancer

Comment from: Grateful , 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 16

This drug has made all the difference. My daughter's cancer has returned and going through chemo again. This drug has made such a difference compared to last time. I am so thankful.

Comment from: Renee, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 23

This medication was so helpful, I am so grateful my oncologist prescribed this for me.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 08

Treated for coloc cancer with colon resection. I started chemo and tried Phenergan for nausea with no relief. I tried Zofran and about 75% abatement, but Emend provided 100% relief of nausea. I agree thank goodness for Emend.

Related Reading: phenergan | zofran | emend

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 05

I used this medication for help with nausea for chemo for colon cancer. I also used it prior to the surgery to remove the tumor since being put to sleep always made me sick. I did not get sick at all after surgery and it made the chemo tolerable. The nausea was one of my minor side effects.

Related Reading: colon cancer

Comment from: susanherna, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 04

My husband had his first round of chemo today for bladder cancer. It was Cisplatin/Gemzar. Th Emend worked great. No nausea at all.

Related Reading: bladder cancer | cisplatin | gemzar

Comment from: Denise Lee, 45-54 (Patient) Published: May 11

I am a 1 yr breast cancer survivor. I definitely recommend Emend. I would ususally have my treatment on Wed, go to work on Thu and rest on Fri,Sat,Sun and return to work on Mon. I could not have done that without Emend. I never had any nausea or vomiting episode. I had the Zofran as a backup but never used it.

Related Reading: breast cancer

Comment from: lynmartin, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 05

I am very satisfied with Emend. It has given me total relief from nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy for rectal cancer.

Related Reading: nausea and vomiting

Comment from: clm, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

Nothing short of a miracle! I have had several surgeries because of two mastectomies and breast reconstruction. I literally would throw up for hours because of the anesthesia despite Zofran and other meds. I took Emend on my last surgery and for the very first time I only had a wave of nausea that the Zofran took care of.

Comment from: Ellis, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

I usually have severe PONV after anesthesia. This time I had a lumpectomy and was given Emend. No nausea at all. Worked perfectly for me.

Skin Cancer Symptoms, Types, Images See Slideshow
Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 19

Best drug ever created. I had not been nausea free for years. Then along came Emend. Thank you, thank you!!!!!

Related Reading: emend

Comment from: s5df72, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 10

sorry i am going to take it tomorrow,i don,t know the effect yet.