Emla

Comment from: hmp, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 21

Why didn't someone tell me about this cream years ago?! I wouldn't have avoided doctors. After a cancer diagnosis and surgery, I was going into chemo with continual needle sticks (a major phobia for me). I researched Emla and asked for it. It worked great on my port and for weekly blood draws and frequent CT scan IVs. It takes planning and you MUST put it on at least an hour in advance. You must also cover it well (try Tegaderm bandages). I've had to "train" hospital staff to use it but it works for me. Be persistent with your caregivers.

Related Reading: cancer | emla

Comment from: j caton, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 18

i applied this before a tattoo about 45 mins i covered the area and applied clingfilm with micropore the cream comes in small tubes...i bout 4 in total but this didnt cover the area i needed it for as you have to apply it thick and not rub it in. the area did go numb but the bits i missed hurt like hell prob more than if id not used the gel. the stuff is great if u use enough

Comment from: jeff, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 11

product worked well but i used it on open skin / was in the blood stream and i failed a drug test

Comment from: dd, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 16

My husband just got the medication in the mail today. He has very bruised muscles or bruised kidney. The pain he is having is very deep, so I was wondering if this medication would be able to reach that deep. Also, how long does it take to work. He has add the first application on for about 30 min. and its not doing anything.

Comment from: Kawika, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 16

I've been using Emla for a tattoo. First of all, you need to aply this expensive little cream at least 2 hours before a session and the result is great..for only half-hour! An average tattoo takes between 2-3 hours! It is freaking expensive for the quantity in the tube. I'd rather faint and cry than ripping myself off with something that can't "Freeze" for more than 30 mins! And when the pain comes back...your brain isn't used to it so makes it 3 times more painful! If you wanna get a little $50 buck butterfly on your elbow, go for it and buy the cream! But anything bigger than the palm of your hand, this cream won't make the job!