Epiduo

Comment from: Kat13-18on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 05

I truly recommend this to anyone who has struggled with acne for a long time. The first few weeks or months (depending on your skin) will definitely be hell but be patient, it means it's working. The common side effects for me was extremely dry and flaky skin, redness, dryness of eyelids, and irritation. But it's starting to work now! My skin is starting to clear up with only a few breakouts here and there, so my advice would be to be patient with this product. P.S My skin is normally extremely sensitive and easily irritated with harsh products so Epiduo irritated a lot more.

Related Reading: acne | epiduo

Comment from: 13-18on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 02

I have suffered from acne all through grade school and high school. I had finally went to the dermatologist to get anything to help my skin. She prescribed me Epiduo and i was happy to use a medication that would help my skin. HOWEVER, my skin was ruined thanks to this medication. I got more acne than I have ever had before, my face way extremely dry, and I had more scars than ever before. I went back to the dermatologist after continuing the medication for several months to get no improvement at all. I am now on Accutane be to it being the only medication that would help me after the harsh effects of Epiduo. If your skin gets worse and does not clear up after a couple of weeks, i strongly advise not to continuing the use of this and speaking to a dermatologist!!

Related Reading: acne | epiduo | scars

Comment from: 13-18on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 01

My 15 year old daughter has been using this medication and after 1 week her face is extremely dry and peeling all over. The medication feels like itâ??s burning her face and made her face ver red all over. The acne got 10% better, she stopped the medication.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 02

I began using Epiduo the summer of 2016, having acne still at the age of 22 was annoying for me! I was prescribed Epiduo along with a blood pressure medication (some how that medication helped with acne?) I never missed a day! I always washed my face nightly and used my Epiduo. At the beginning my black heads on my nose looked as if they were going away. I never experienced any flaking or serve acne that I read about on other reviews. My skin throughout this journey never cleared up and at times I did have bad breakouts. I did this for over a year, and finally about a month ago I decided to stop taking the medication and the Epiduo. In my honest opinion my skin is now clearing up. My face is not flawless but my acne isn't very noticeable. I think the Epiduo may work for some, but for me once I stopped using it I can now see a difference in my skin.

Related Reading: epiduo | acne

Comment from: Emilia19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 31

Epiduo is the best! I put a pea sized amount on my t-zone (which is where I tend to get pimples) at night and the following morning all the pimples are gone! I've also noticed a huge improvement on the dark scars on my chin area. I've been using it for about a month and a half, it's like magic. I must say the first week it didn't burn at all but I did get a few pimples (I guess that's what they called the skin 'purging'). On the second week it did burn, and my skin got a bit red so I stopped using it for a couple of days. After that I've been using it every day and now it just doesn't burn at all.

Related Reading: epiduo | scars

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 24

I am currently on week 2 (almost 3) of using epiduo and boy is it working. Like others have said, this stuff drys out your skin like CRAZY, so get some good lotion/moisturizer to combat this. My skin was flaking a lot at first, but it went away after about a week. Remember that a little dab of this will go a LONG way, globbing it on your skin is only going to make the dryness and redness worse. If you can deal with the (in my opinion, not so bad) side effects, this is a game changer. I've had bad acne ever since I started college, and this stuff has made so much of my acne go away!

Related Reading: epiduo | acne

Comment from: imsteelhere13-18on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 31

I was prescribed this medication around May/June and have been using it for about 6-8 months. It definitely works but whether or not you use it depends if you can take the side effects. Dry skin, INTENSE PEELING, stinging! These side affects ultimately subside but if you stop using for about a week (as I recently did due to running out of the cream) your face will resume its break outs. Consistently applying this product works the best along with a great moisturizer.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: Kylie 13-18on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 02

Best acne product I have ever used. Works amazing! I have been using this for maybe 2 years or so and I am comfortable with my skin thanks to epiduo!! Highly recommend it

Related Reading: acne | epiduo