Epiduo

Comment from: Shruti 19-24 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: June 25

I have now completed 5 months on Epiduo and I cannot recommend it enough! I am a 19 year old who has struggled with hormonal acne for about 6-7 years. I have tried many things before including roaccutane and various other topical treatments- while roaccutane did initially improve my skin, there were many side effects and I quickly relapsed once I finished treatment. MAIN NEGATIVE: for the first 2 weeks of Epiduo, your skin will be red, raw, peeling, dry and just generally so painful - honestly getting through this period is difficult but my main advice is to apply ONLY A PEA-SIZED AMOUNT. That is so important - but also make sure you have a super hydrating moisturiser (I used Cerave). Because my skin was so sensitive, I found patting rather than rubbing the cream in was easier. I didn't actually experience a 'purge' - my skin never got worse, it just remained the same. NOTICE A DIFFERENCE after about 2-3 months I'd say - I still had acne but the marks would fade faster and breakouts were less frequent. After 5 months now, my skin is still not entirely perfect, I still have breakouts but they have reduced by 80% and every person in my life has actually told me unprompted that they think that I am 'glowing' nowadays and the texture of my skin has really improved. SUMMARY: after much experimentation, this is the SOLUTION - patience is required but it is so worth it in the end.

Related Reading: epiduo | acne | treatment

Comment from: Sarah 25-34 Transgender Caregiver Published: June 16

I thought I had tried it all, then I found Epiduo! I’ve been on 4 different skin antibiotics over the last 2 years and after being on tears to a pharmacist at Boots in April she suggested I tried Epiduo, she was very honest however and said antibiotics are usually more effective than ointments and creams. Boy how wrong this was for me! I’ve never had such brilliant results. I was diagnosed with PCOS in March and have always suffered with redness and cysts under my neck and around my hairline. This has calmed everything massively and I can’t think of the last time I had an influx of spots! thank you thank you thank you!

Related Reading: epiduo

Comment from: Lily 13-18 Transgender 6 months to less than 1 year Caregiver Published: May 22

I was prescribed epiduo forte 2 years ago. I had irritated red pimples all over my face, and I also have very sensitive and dry skin. I used epiduo forte on my face every night like my dermatologist advised, and my acne... didn’t really clear up. Because I wasn’t doing the other steps in my skincare routine that I really needed to in order for the medication to really work. I stopped using it after a couple months, but I just got re-prescribed it 5 months ago and it has worked wonders. I started washing my face 3x a day (morning, sometime during the day between 12-6pm, and night) and I use a gentle unscented face wash, and then to combat the dryness side effect of the medication, I mix my facial moisturizer with a little bit of vaseline and trust me, this completely got rid of the flaky skin that epiduo causes. After my moisturizer, I apply epiduo all over my entire face and I spend a good 1-2 minutes rubbing it super well and massaging my face. My skin has never looked better and I don’t even get new pimples anymore.

Related Reading: epiduo forte | dry skin | epiduo

Comment from: gavin 19-24 Male 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: April 12

I used it originally for 6 months with a truly brutal 3 month purging period before a more manageable period which I achieved what I wanted with the help of Doxycycline, soon after getting off the antibiotic my acne returned. I got back on the epiduo and 7 and a half months later after another long and hard purge my skin is simply where it started. I will say its not for everyone and if results don't show in an expected time frame don't be scared to question your dermatologist.

Comment from: Kt 19-24 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: May 06

I went from normal skin with occasional breakouts to acne all over my cheeks and chin - and now I nearly never have a pimple. This stuff saved my life! I switched to a simple cleaner (cetaphil) and started epiduo every second night before increasing to nightly. It gets worse before it gets better. Dry, flaky and sore skin plus my breakouts got red and inflamed. But, after using a simple moisturiser and SPF everyday my skin was clear in 3 months. I now use it without any dryness as a spot treatment whenever I have a pimple. Only thing was some scarring so I just used niacinamide serum from the ordinary under my moisturiser. Now my skin has never been better! No breakouts and scars have almost faded.

Related Reading: acne | epiduo | treatment

Comment from: Bunnyears 19-24 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: April 21

So I normally NEVER write reviews or make comments about much. I have to tell you, that before taking this gel I was very skeptical because I've seen so many doctors, dermatologists, estheticians, and nothing has helped. I sort of went to this as a last resort, because I have tried everything. I have tried Minocycline, Benzoyl Peroxide, Spironolactone (which helps) any and all over the counter products ranging from scrubs, to washes, to harsh ointments for my skin. I am taking Spironolactone currently, and using the gel right now as well. I started back in January of this year, and in the beginning, it was pretty tough. I read reviews about this stuff and was hesitant at first because of what I was reading. If you're anything like me and suffer from cystic breakouts, whiteheads, and blackheads... this is a MUST. At the beginning of the treatment, my skin got really red and agitated. Now you must know, my skin is sensitive, to begin with. I broke out in red and painful to the touch patches on my neck, tops of my eyelids, and around my mouth. It hurt to touch my face, to wash my face, to apply lotion... and at times my skin would burn, sort of like a sunburn if you will. That lasted about 5 days, and the redness started to go away, thank god!! Now in the first week or two, when your skin is used to the treatment, you will get what is called a "purge" breakout. Which, for me, wasn't that bad... nothing I'm not used to. My skin was dry, so make sure to use a fragrance-free moisturizer. I used Cerave, which worked great for me! After the first couple of weeks, I could visibly see results! Slow results, but I saw the results. The first couple of weeks were bumpy, and hard to accept because of the way my face looked... but it is worth it. I am now on month 4, and I literally only break out when I am due for my menstrual cycle... and its usually 1 or two pimples. I CAN DEAL WITH IT!! It even lightened up my dark spots from previous breakouts; IT IS A MUST USE TREATMENT!!

Related Reading: blackheads | treatment | sunburn

Comment from: 13-18 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: November 15

I have been using epiduo for 7 weeks for the first 2-3 weeks my face was really sensitive and anything I put on it burned For the next 4 weeks my skin was extremely dry and still quite sensitive At night I wash my face with a cleanser and then apply epiduo and in the morning wash my face with water and use moisturiser I was originally using simple moisturising facial wash and simple hydrating light moisturiser which did nothing at all to help so in the 7th week after watching a few YouTube videos I decided to try cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and cetaphil dailyadvance ultra hydrating lotion and I have only been using it for 3 days and all the dryness has completely gone I still have a bit of acne that is still going away but with my new wash and moisturiser (and epiduo) it is looking much better than when I started. It’s so much clearer and smoother

Related Reading: epiduo | acne

Comment from: imsteelhere 13-18 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: December 31

I was prescribed this medication around May/June and have been using it for about 6-8 months. It definitely works but whether or not you use it depends if you can take the side effects. Dry skin, INTENSE PEELING, stinging! These side affects ultimately subside but if you stop using for about a week (as I recently did due to running out of the cream) your face will resume its break outs. Consistently applying this product works the best along with a great moisturizer.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: Emilia 19-24 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: May 31

Epiduo is the best! I put a pea sized amount on my t-zone (which is where I tend to get pimples) at night and the following morning all the pimples are gone! I've also noticed a huge improvement on the dark scars on my chin area. I've been using it for about a month and a half, it's like magic. I must say the first week it didn't burn at all but I did get a few pimples (I guess that's what they called the skin 'purging'). On the second week it did burn, and my skin got a bit red so I stopped using it for a couple of days. After that I've been using it every day and now it just doesn't burn at all.

Related Reading: epiduo | scars | the skin

Comment from: Kat 13-18 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 05

I truly recommend this to anyone who has struggled with acne for a long time. The first few weeks or months (depending on your skin) will definitely be hell but be patient, it means it's working. The common side effects for me was extremely dry and flaky skin, redness, dryness of eyelids, and irritation. But it's starting to work now! My skin is starting to clear up with only a few breakouts here and there, so my advice would be to be patient with this product. P.S My skin is normally extremely sensitive and easily irritated with harsh products so Epiduo irritated a lot more.

QUESTION

Acne is the result of an allergy. See Answer
Comment from: 13-18 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: December 01

My 15 year old daughter has been using this medication and after 1 week her face is extremely dry and peeling all over. The medication feels like itâ??s burning her face and made her face ver red all over. The acne got 10% better, she stopped the medication.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: 19-24 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: October 02

I began using Epiduo the summer of 2016, having acne still at the age of 22 was annoying for me! I was prescribed Epiduo along with a blood pressure medication (some how that medication helped with acne?) I never missed a day! I always washed my face nightly and used my Epiduo. At the beginning my black heads on my nose looked as if they were going away. I never experienced any flaking or serve acne that I read about on other reviews. My skin throughout this journey never cleared up and at times I did have bad breakouts. I did this for over a year, and finally about a month ago I decided to stop taking the medication and the Epiduo. In my honest opinion my skin is now clearing up. My face is not flawless but my acne isn't very noticeable. I think the Epiduo may work for some, but for me once I stopped using it I can now see a difference in my skin.

Comment from: 13-18 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: April 02

I have suffered from acne all through grade school and high school. I had finally went to the dermatologist to get anything to help my skin. She prescribed me Epiduo and i was happy to use a medication that would help my skin. HOWEVER, my skin was ruined thanks to this medication. I got more acne than I have ever had before, my face way extremely dry, and I had more scars than ever before. I went back to the dermatologist after continuing the medication for several months to get no improvement at all. I am now on Accutane be to it being the only medication that would help me after the harsh effects of Epiduo. If your skin gets worse and does not clear up after a couple of weeks, i strongly advise not to continuing the use of this and speaking to a dermatologist!!

Related Reading: acne | epiduo | scars

Comment from: Kylie 13-18 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: February 02

Best acne product I have ever used. Works amazing! I have been using this for maybe 2 years or so and I am comfortable with my skin thanks to epiduo!! Highly recommend it

Comment from: 19-24 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: January 24

I am currently on week 2 (almost 3) of using epiduo and boy is it working. Like others have said, this stuff drys out your skin like CRAZY, so get some good lotion/moisturizer to combat this. My skin was flaking a lot at first, but it went away after about a week. Remember that a little dab of this will go a LONG way, globbing it on your skin is only going to make the dryness and redness worse. If you can deal with the (in my opinion, not so bad) side effects, this is a game changer. I've had bad acne ever since I started college, and this stuff has made so much of my acne go away!

Comment from: 19-24 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: October 04

I would not recommend me this as it made my face feel like it was on fire and left serious burns. This happened this first time I used it and the pain and burns were awful I threw the cream away!

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: Lauren 19-24 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: September 22

Epiduo is one of the best acne products I have ever used. It's so easy and effective I call it my "face crack" because I'm addicted. You do have to give it some time for your skin to adjust because it is so strong. Your face will breakout first but give it two or three weeks and you'll be so amazed. I can't imagine my life without epiduo now. I had such bad acne and it's now completely gone after trying millions of products. Nothing has worked close to as well as epiduo has. Love love love

Related Reading: epiduo | acne

Comment from: samanthadavis101 13-18 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: September 19

I have been on this treatment for my minor acne, i have been on it for 3 months. HIGHLY don't recommend this product as it has left painful burn marks on my face and my acne is incredibly worse

Related Reading: treatment | acne

Comment from: Guy 13-18 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: May 28

I have used epiduo for about 4 months and I see no improvements in my Acne. I have only had very irritating side effects. Very dry skin, with flaking. Worst I have ever used. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Related Reading: epiduo | acne | dry skin

Comment from: anon 13-18 Female Patient Published: April 30

This product hasn't yielded any results over the two years that I religously used it. I stopped it and now am i trying Tretinoin, and hopefully that will be strong enough to fight my acne. It didn't really work for me, overall.

Related Reading: acne