EstroGel

Comment from: Fiona 35-44 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: September 14

Ignore the people saying this is synthetic. This is a bioidentical product made from yams and soy. It also won’t make you gain weight. If your levels of this hormone are too low then you will gain weight. In the U.K. where I am starting dose is 2 pumps which is working well for me with night sweats, moodiness, aching joints and lack of energy all sorted. We can take up to 4 pumps a day here if needed. I’d argue that you aren’t using enough over there. I’m also on bioidentical progesterone at night which helps me sleep. Look up The Menopause Doctor in the U.K. Her website and app give fantastic advice based on real research and science. This medication has changed my life

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: Julie 45-54 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: May 20

Didn’t want to take tablets worked great after 6 weeks only down side is it causes bloating

Comment from: Cubancutie 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: March 21

Definitely controls hot flashes, 1 pump at night. I was having a lot of hot flashes but now only have one per night now. Honestly haven't had any side effects with it.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: October 12

After 6 weeks I have gained almost 10lbs. without any changes to caloric intake or workout routine. I have not noticed a significant change in vaginal wall thickness which was my primary reason for starting this hormone replacement therapy after having a hysterectomy a year ago. I am stopping this treatment today.

Related Reading: treatment

Comment from: mel 35-44 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: March 05

this gel let us know i needed more estrogen however, it does not last 24 hours. this causes a roller coaster effect. glad I do not have to use this on a regular basis

Comment from: 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: November 13

This is a very low dose treatment of bioidentical estrogen. The pump contains 30 pumps per month which gives about 30 pg/ml in the bloodstream if you do 1 pump a day. In the UK the dosage is 2-4 pumps per day. Here in the USA, it is usually written for 1 pump on the arm once a day. Very expensive ($100 a container) and very weak. If you have only mild hot flashes this may be enough for you. I find that it does not last 24 hours.

Related Reading: treatment | hot flashes

Comment from: Carla 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: September 11

Estrogel has worked very well for me. The hot flashes, vaginal dryness and overall moodiness have improved greatly. The only adverse symptom I've felt is a slight itching on my arm when applied but that goes away within the hour.

Related Reading: estrogel | hot flashes

Comment from: Little c 45-54 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: June 07

I was born with no ovaries so need HRT. I have been on Estrogel for at least 15 years (with prometrium). I am only now experiencing some irregular bleeding. After many HRT Therapies this is excellent! Re the comment concerning HRT containing horse urine - true for premarin but Estrogel is Estrodial, a natural ingredient, so doesn't apply.

Related Reading: estrogel | prometrium | premarin

Comment from: chandy 35-44 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 12

Do NOT use synthetic estrogens. It is very bad for your health...just look around the www. Did you know it is actually made of horse urine?! Use plant-derived estrogens...its also more natural for you.

Comment from: Lina 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: August 16

My DR thought this may help my sex drive. It hasn't done anything for that. Using this as directed, I have developed large brown spots on my arms and thighs. They look like age or liver spots! Its very ugly! I am going to ask my dr to change my Rx or I will stop using this.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: sarah 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: November 30

heart racing and higher blood pressure

Comment from: flibby211 35-44 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: August 25

I have used estrogel together w/estroven (OTC)since my complete hystorectomy at the age of 33. Together they work very well controlling the night sweats and mood swings. The Hot Flashes although mild most of the time, do not go away! Without this medication the Hot Flashes and Night Sweats were simply unbearable.

Related Reading: estrogel | night sweats | hot flashes

Comment from: care 55-64 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: June 26

I use half a dose daily and have been very satisfied with the results as far as preventing vaginal dryness and hot flashes.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: Shelby66 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: September 21

This medication worked for my menopausal symptoms. Unfortunately, for the first time in my life I have developed a deep vein blood clot in my left calf. So yes it does work. But only if you are willing to risk the serious side effects.

What Is Osteoporosis? Treatment, Symptoms, Medication See Slideshow