Estrostep Fe

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 05

I've been on Estrostep off and on for 12 years (discontinued it 3 times in order to get pregnant with my 3 beautiful children). I always come back to this pill because not only is it effective (my hubby and I are quite fertile together and I've never gotten pregnant while on Estrostep), but it has reduced my horrible period to nearly nothing, just 1-2 days of very light bleeding, and alleviated all my period symptoms: no more bloating, pms, cramping, back aches, etc. My husband also calls Estrostep my "happy pills" because they completely alleviate my mood swings, and I'm literally happy all.the.time. They've also increased my sex drive, and I tend to climax more quickly when I'm taking them. Estrostep is the BEST! I plan to continue taking it even after my husband gets a vasectomy, that's how much I love them! I should mention that in the first 3 months of taking them, I do tend to experience nausea, headaches, and breakthru bleeding, but these symptoms ease each month and are completely gone by the end of the 3rd cycle.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 18

I suffer from PMDD. the first few days on Estrostep (coming from Lo-Loestrin Fe) were absolute hell (anxiety, depression, fatigue, etc.) However, since then Estrostep has been a dream. I hardly suffer from cyclical anxiety or depression; the cystic acne and sores started noticeably clearing up within 2 weeks; hardly any fatigue; lots of energy; feeling positive and like my "old self"; increased sex drive; lost weight. I had been struggling to lose weight for 1.5 years, but within 6 weeks of starting Estrostep I lost almost 5 lbs, without any change to diet/exercise at all (except less exercise and a few more treats, surprisingly!) The week before my period, my breasts do hurt a little. My cramps are quite uncomfortable and my period was heavier than on LoLoestrin, but that is an easy trade-off for the rest of the benefits. My doctor thinks this may level out in a few months.

Related Reading: loestrin fe | anxiety | depression

Comment from: Hannah, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 15

Great with keeping me acne free and great for birth control wise, but i experienced extreme pain all over my body for the whole three months i have been on it. im actually thinking of just quitting this birth control because it is too much pain for me all at once, and it comes on very fast, it also brought my period on two weeks before it was supposed to, even though it kept me on a great and organized period schedule. i hate this.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 11

I was on Estrostep Fe for about a year and at first it was great as I got my cycle to become regular but then my period slowly started to just disappear and I didn't get it for atleast 4 cycles which made me think I was pregnant (I wasn't). I actually feel like it helped me to lose weight as I lost 35 pounds in about 5 months. However, the only thing that made me switch was the extreme mood changes. I became a very emotional person which I never used to be and also very aggressive. I began to hit my boyfriend when we had arguments and when even my mother told me to consider switching because it was making me very emotional, thats when I knew this pill wasn't for me.

Related Reading: estrostep fe

Comment from: debducttape, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 05

Wow! This has been the only birth control pill I have been satisfied with. I have been on about 5 different kinds. Mood swings and decreased sex drive were a problem with every other kind. Also, I doubt this will work for everyone, but my breasts are fuller and perkier (more like before I had my son) when I am on this pill. I LOVE this pill.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 05

I've been trying so many different pills for the past couple of years and have not found something that didn't make me nauseous, or give me migraines. EstroStep however has been great. Been on it for about three months, Not pregnant! Haven't gained any weight and no headaches or mood swings. My last birth control made me very dry during sex but this one fixed everything. I do agree that some months I haven't had a period at all, but reading other reviews I now know it's a normal side effect. Who wants their period anyway? It does worry me that I might be pregnant but I take it exactly when I should and never miss one. I will keep taking EstroStep as long as it exists! I have noticed a little bit of sharp pains in one of my breasts recently, but not sure if it could be a side effect.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 05

I have been using this pill since 1997, yes 18 years, never had issues with cycles, acne, weight gain, mood, or pregnancy scares. It works and I will accept no other pill.

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 21

Works great, little acne (3-4 small pimples) before period, light period, minor craps, and had no major problems for the past few years since I've been taking it.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: merkuree, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 24

I have a love/hate relationship with this pill. I hate remembering to take it (I have set up several alarms for it)....but the reason why I hate it the most is CYSTIC ACNE. I got more acne from a pill that is supposed to help acne. What I love about this pill is that I didn't affect my sex drive, mood, or weight. I have the say that the first month, I had my period for two weeks (mostly spotting). I don't know if I will stay on this pill-- mostly because of the increase in acne.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 09

No acne, lighter and less crampy periods, no nausea.

Comment from: anon, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 06

experienced nausea and weight gain first 5 months or so...didn't get period for 5 months, then came back regularly but very light, then don't get it at all. it's been effective but you spend more money on pregnancy tests than the pill!

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 24

I loved this birth control. Started on it when I was about 14 due to failure of acne treatments and also to regulate periods. Was on it for about 4 years and dr. thought i needed a stronger one when i became sexually active. Since I switched (to Solia) my periods are HORRIBLE! On Estrostep, my periods were no nuisance at all, no acne, no weight gain, rare to have mood swings, etc. I want to switch back to this pill!

Related Reading: estrostep

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 13

I have been on this medication on and off for about 10 years. Very satisfied with it. Slight reduction in libido, but that happens with every birth control pill. I do get anxious/depressed the first month or so of taking the medication. However, once I get used to it, my mood is overall better (pre-menstrual mood swings are gone). The periods are very light and I don't have any cramps.

Comment from: caraca, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

i didnt want to take cause i had migraines with previous bc but i had no headaches!!!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 24

I started taking Estrostep at 17, and am currently 22. So it's been a good 5 years. I could not be happier with this birth control. It did not make me gain weight, it gave me very light periods (with only minor cramping about 24 hours beforehand,) and better skin. Everyone reacts differently to medications and birth control, so I consider myself very lucky to have found my "ideal" birth control on my first try. I'm very happy with Estrostep and have no problems from taking it.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

Great experience with this BC - never had problems remembering to take it, only experienced minor breakouts day or two before menstration.

Comment from: Stayhopefull, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

When I first went on the pill I had moderate-severe acne. Once I started taking it- I felt nauseous for the first month, but thankfully that went away! Now it's been just about four months and my skin has never looked or felt better. I have clear skin most days- and when I do get acne it's much less significant than before (in both size and numbers), like- maybe four pimples tops, compared to having 33 on my face before. I was initially frustrated with the pill for not working right away, however now four months in its done it's job quite well.

Comment from: daisy317, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

Ive been on many birth control pills and this was the absolute worse. Many side effects and not a very good pill for heavy periods.

Choosing Your Birth Control Method See Slideshow