Exforge HCT

Comment from: hoover54_daytona, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

Been taking exforge 5/320 then doctor switched me to exforge hct. This medicine makes me feel horrible shortness of breath and pain in feet and joints of body also causes me to flush everyday.

Related Reading: exforge | exforge hct

Comment from: ctypea, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 05

I was taking Diovan HCT 320/25mg and the one dose daily wasn't controlling my BP through the day. I now take Exforge HCT 5/160/12.5 twice a day and my BP runs about 126/68-70. I feel so much better. I was diagnosed with PVC's several years ago after starting BP meds. I still have those, so I suspect the med is causing some of it. All heart tests came back negative, otherwise.

Related Reading: diovan hct | exforge hct

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 28

This medication is causing fluid retention in my feet and lower legs.

Comment from: Sick puppy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 22

Feeling extremely tired, weak, tightness in chest, feelings of sadness, severe low back pain, twitching muscles. BP still 140's over 90's, seeing the doctor tomorrow am to change meds.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 06

NOW, I SWEAT,HAVE WEAK SPELLS, ALWAYS THRISTY, HAVE TROUBLE SLEEPING. OH YEAH, HAD TO GO ON LASIK AND POTASSIUM BECAUSE OF SWELLING.NOT SUCH A GOOD THING. BUT, MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS EXCELLENT.

Comment from: patricia, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 10

I am experiencing extreme sweating episodes. Heart paplitations and chest tightness. Shortness of breathe. This medication is not a good drug for everyone. Doctors are too quick to dismiss the side effects because they seem to outweigh the benefits

Comment from: lady, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 13

shortly after taking will feel over-all better, then i will suffer mega head pain-joint pain-weakness-dry mouth-thirst, not good for a person with congestive heart failure,angiana attacks, pretty scary stuff,dificulty walking, super tired, its suppose to be new and great i want to give it a chance, just not sure if the few hours of relief are worth the end results

Related Reading: dry mouth | congestive heart failure

Comment from: 2tired, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 28

I feel very tired and my muscles hurt alot. my urine is gray in color and I am very dizzy.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 19

Mostly dry mouth and constipation, however the BP is the best it has been in a long time. Nothing else worked for me. In the summer when the weather is warmer I do notice red blotches on my lower legs and swelling in that area also.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 24

i dont feel dizzy anymore

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 16

This medication works great in lowering my bp but, there are some nasty side effects that come along with that. Very tired, resting pulse is 90+, shortness of breath. Exercising is impossible because it makes my chest feel tight and the heart pounding is scary.

Comment from: Musky, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 13

Worked better than other medications I've taken and it didnt give me ED like the other meds did. My BP went from 180/115 to 125/70.

Comment from: Bob, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 29

I've been on this since December. It's done very well in lowering my BP. I've also lost 18 pounds!! I have some tiredness, and I'm urinating a lot! Drinking lots of water too! Maybe why I'm losing the weight!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

while this medicine did lower my blood pressure, it caused me to have severe sore throats.

Comment from: GRJ, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 16

My blood pressure is still high at 138/90. I am going to see if I can change to a different medication.

Comment from: exforge, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 17

this med has helped me in the way of my right leg swells so bad that its hard for me to walk but thios med has helped the swelling go all the way down

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 22

I have gone from Hypertension 2 down to normal very quickly. This is the only mediation that has proven to be affective for me.

Comment from: compliant patient, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

My BP has decreased significantly when i started using this with atenolol. however, i noticed tenderness and heaviness in my breasts first thing in the morning - not sure if its related, but it was noteworthy that just after beginning the treatment, this started to occur. I take my medication at night...

Related Reading: atenolol

Comment from: bob b, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 23

I do have a headach and a rash that is very itchy, but my BP has gone from 175/95 down to 128/78 in 35 days.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: kg, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 29

Started taking this drug in March. Have been taking for 4 months. Have experienced few side effects. Sometimes dry mouth. Drink a lot of water.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: dutch309, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 09

I experience dry mouth and feel tired.

Comment from: annie, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 05

nose bleeding and chest pain

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 08

Good

Comment from: eoxu3c, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 19

After 3 1/2 years pressure is low and I wake up everynight with extremely low or high pressure.

Comment from: LMB, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 21

Started with Hypertension Emergency; First treatment: Beta Blocker, ARB, Diuretic. Became intolerant of the Beta Blocker. Second treatment: After informative discussion, began ExForge HCT. Follow Up: ExForge HCT rapidly return blood pressure to pre-hypertensive Emergency. Have not experienced side effects. Reflection: Have been on ExForge HCT for two months. Medical compliance is greater due to factors: One pill eliminates three pills with their varied times of day dosage for better compliance. Psychologically, taking less pills equates to better health.

Related Reading: exforge hct | exforge