Feraheme

Comment from: Sheeba55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 15

I handled the injection April 2013 and was fine. 2 months following the injection, I developed Bradycardia, shortness of breath, low BP. My TSH thyroid also went very high. Had to increase my synthroid from .125mg up to 175mg. The only thing that I did to cause this was the Feraheme injection. My doc does not think so but offers no other explanations. Doc wants be to do it again cause she wants my Ferritin around 100. It is about 69. I think I will stick with Iron supplements.

Related Reading: synthroid | feraheme

Comment from: bella19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 03

have had celiac and crohns for 5 years, iron levels started dropping after i went vegetarian. during a normal blood work check, GI dr discovered iron to be at 4. sent me to a hematologist to get iron infusions. within seconds of this feraheme infusion i went into anaphylaxis. thought that i was dying. needless to say i’m not doing anymore iron infusions...

Related Reading: feraheme | anaphylaxis

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 17

Iâ??m vegetarian and I suffered from iron deficiency for long time. I was on/off on the oral iron pills. Recently after my miscarriage, I became anemic again. I went to my haematologist , the nurse practitioner prescribed me this feraheme iron infusion. On the day of the infusion, she gave me steroid through IV as precaution. Then waited for 15 mints and started this feraheme infusion, within seconds of this infusion, I experienced severe anaphylaxis reaction, I literally thought Iâ??m going to die . But with godâ??s grace and nurse quick action, helped me survive. I have follow up appt with doctor to discuss further steps in treating my iron Deficiency and I donâ??t be going back for any more infusion. This incident actually scared me very much. I never had any experience like this before.

Related Reading: iron deficiency | miscarriage | feraheme

Comment from: Jenabis8435-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 01

Severe iron deficient anemia (Ferritin 1.9). Last week I received my first dose of Feraheme and within seconds of it entering my veins my face flushed, severe right jaw pain and insane pressure in my chest to the point I couldnâ??t breathe. Doctors and nurses were super quick with stopping the treatment and injecting prednisone and Benadryl to treat the allergic reaction. I was monitored for a bit and then was released and basically crashed for the rest of the day. I felt like I was hit by a truck. Today I went back and they pretreated me with prednisone and Benadryl then started a slowwww dose of Venofer. My blood pressure dropped to 90/60 but besides that I had no other side effects. Definitely a much better reaction today. Feraheme legit almost killed me.

Related Reading: anemia | feraheme | prednisone