Flonase

Comment from: 35-44 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: September 06

Took this about 3 weeks to relieve sinus and ear pressure with seasonal allergies, was doing ok with this but started to feel short of breath and nose dried out, constricted feeling in throat one morning. Suddenly was in a full blown panic attack, heart racing, shallow breathing numbness in limbs, uncontrollable shaking, this all while driving so had to pull over and start deep breathing for about 20 min until symptoms subsided. I suspected this had something to do with the Flonase and after doing research am realizing this is a very common side effect that is NOT listed in the insert for this medication. Stopped taking immediately and never will again. I'm not even someone with chronic anxiety and this was one of the scariest experiences of my life. Have always been told to take this by drug by physicians and NPs for upper respiratory ailments or to help inner ear drainage, one even told me to push through the symptoms of nausea or jitters and take at least 6 weeks to get full effects. I will def steer clear of this from now on.

Related Reading: flonase | anxiety

Comment from: Midwestern Mom 45-54 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: July 12

This sounds crazy, but I believe Flonase caused my breasts to swell and become extremely painful. It began about a week after I started taking it and lasted for another couple weeks until the Flonase was out of my system. It was like when I was nursing my kids and it was time for them to eat. My breasts were so sore and it looked like I got a breast augmentation. I went up about a cup size. I was worried about breast cancer or something, but I figured that the only thing new I started was Flonase. I quit the Flonase and within a week, everything was pretty much back to normal. I am sensitive to steroids, and the Flonase did drip down my throat a lot. I haven't seen this as a side effect before, but I am pretty sure it happened to me.

Related Reading: flonase | breast cancer

Comment from: Mandy 25-34 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: July 08

My allergies/post nasal drip were at their worst, so I decided to try Flonase out of desperation. The first day or two I noticed immediate relief for my post nasal drip symptoms - but then the following days I began feeling extremely fatigued & anxious. I've suffered from anxiety & depression in the past and have it under control, so I am always aware when my mental health is feeling off - and the only logical explanation for this change was the introduction of Flonase in my system. I stopped using it immediately, and feel as though I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms - headache, fatigue, brain fog, anxiety - I would've thought I was going crazy, but was so relieved to see that others had similar experiences with Flonase. I'm feeling a bit better each day, but from past experiences with anxiety, I know it will take a bit of time to feel back to normal. In conclusion, I'd much rather deal with post nasal drip than have my mental health sent into a tailspin!

Related Reading: flonase | anxiety | depression

Comment from: JimB 75 or over Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: July 02

Product may work OK but the dispenser doesn't work. I had to throw away two partially full bottles with the side squeeze dispenser as they quit working after only 4 or 5 days use. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IN THE SIDE SQUEEZE DISPENSER BOTTLES.

Comment from: Beware 35-44 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: June 26

I strongly feel that the use of Flonase triggered a very difficult struggle with overwhelming anxiety. It took me some time to connect the dots, but since I made the connection, I’m convinced this drug is very dangerous. I immediately disconnected use and will never take again. I’m working hard to get myself back on track and realizing it is going to take some time. I will tell anyone who will listen about my experience with this horrible medication.

Related Reading: flonase | anxiety

Comment from: music lover 75 or over Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: April 17

I am the wife of a person who is taking this drug to relieve horrible rhinitis (serious runny nose.) Within a couple of days of his starting this drug, the "roid rage" appeared. The psychotic effects got worse and worse. He became frightening, muddled (he couldn't even drive safely,) and started having sexual problems. If someone has had issues with steroids, do not take this drug. If you haven't, listen to someone close to you if they say that something is wrong. IT IS.

Related Reading: sexual problems

Comment from: Karen 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 17

It add me sickness with dizziness and nausea. It did stop the congestion. I had to stop taking it after 3 days.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Roxan 35-44 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: November 22

It weakened my immune system and gave me fungus in my nose which contributes to chronic sinus infections. READ THE SIDE EFFECTS. This steroids is poison!

Comment from: Lucy 75 or over Female Patient Published: October 18

Well I have rated this without taking it . It was suggested by a doctor at emerge for inner ear pain; bought it and the pharmacist said ... this won’t reach your inner ear. Was diagnosed with narrow angle glaucoma 2 years ago and meds often said do not take if have narrow angles so didnt. So then I had an Iridotomy 6 months ago and thought I could then take all meds.. not so; now meds say don't take if have glaucomal...this one included!! So am scared to use it. It appears not as harmless as it looks and is suggested frequently. Thanks to those who have shared their experiences.

Related Reading: glaucoma

Comment from: Dencapiche 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 17

First of all, I hesitate to take or use any medicine. If You are not dying I won’t use any medication, and Corticosteroids are the worst in the line. I don’t like the western medicine because you treat one problem and you get 5 more as a result of the use of medicine. You don’t cure the first problem and now you have 5 more to deal with. This nasal medicine was prescribed to me and after reading the side effects, I won’t use it, it scares me. The only thing Big Pharmaceuticals company care is your money, they do not care about your health. So stay away from Fluticasone/ Flonase. I won’t even try it after reading all the bad side effects people have experienced.

Related Reading: flonase

Comment from: 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 01

Worked for congestion but absolutely not worth it. Developed crazy anxiety and jitteriness like I had done 8 lines of coke. I wanted to jump out of my skin, and severe panic attacks. Took for a couple of weeks before making the connection. Some people are very sensitive to the corticosteroids according to pharmacist. Had to go on Xanax to relieve the side effects. Stopped taking it and it took a few weeks to get back to normal and about 3 months for insomnia to subside. It was a horrible experience! I take saline spray now for nose stuffiness which works. Iâ??m so glad I survived these horrible side effects. Would never take again. There should be more of a warning about these horrible side effects.

Related Reading: anxiety | panic attacks | xanax

Comment from: 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: July 08

I've experienced anxiety and panic attacks before, but not for over 5 years. When I started using Flonase, I started having anxiety worse than I've ever experienced. Constant sense of doom and irrational fear. I cried multiple times daily (I have never, ever been like this). My partner talked to me one day about how I hadn't been myself, and I wondered about the Flonase I had started using daily a month or so prior. After Googling and finding MANY others who had the same experience, I immediately stopped using the Flonase and within 3 days or so I felt much better. It did drain the fluid in my ears... Not worth it at all. I cannot believe there was not a clear warning (from doctors or the bottle) about the anxiety this can cause. As someone who is prone to it, I could have avoided this terrible month.

Related Reading: anxiety | panic attacks | flonase

Comment from: 25-34 Female Patient Published: June 18

Don’t take this mess! Seriously. It got into my blood stream and raised my cortisol levels. I’ve been sick as a dog and felt like I was going nuts for 2months! I only took it for 3 weeks. Avoid at all costs, especially if you have anxiety or are sensitive to steroids. Horrible drug. Should not be on shelves anywhere!!!! If this has made you sick, please keep pushing through. It gets better, it’s just very gradual because you have to wait for the steroids to wash out of your system.

Related Reading: anxiety

Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers See Slideshow
Comment from: NotForMe 25-34 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: May 05

I have used this medication about 3-4 weeks and it did really well for my allergies. i began to get headaches but wasn't sure what they were from at first. Then my nasal passages started to become very dry and uncomfortable to breathe through my nose. After that i started to become very uncomfortable, i had anxiety that ive rarely experienced before, racing mind that i couldn't keep focused and depression that prevented me from doing anything but work. Ive stopped using it now for 2 days and those things have gone away for the most part. Ive got my focus back and anxiety has lowered quite a bit. Depression is better than it had been. So for me i won't take it again it was an uncomfortable experience. It did what it says it will but the side effects are not worth it in my case.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression

Comment from: Dakota James 25-34 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: April 23

Back pain, anxiety, hyperactivity, insomnia, dissociation, brain fog, oral thrush, headaches, floaters in vision, sore throat, dizziness, loss of balance, crust in nostrils, odd temperature sensations in limbs. Avoid at all costs.

Related Reading: anxiety | insomnia | thrush

Comment from: Mike 35-44 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 26

COULD HAVE DIED! I had a bit of a nasty cold maybe flu and took Flonase per doctor's advice. After a couple days, I woke one night with violent vomiting, shaking badly with fever. Went back to bed and the next morning my whole face was swolen up, still vomiting, fever of 103.5, the forty minutes I took to get me into the local resort town clinic seemed like four hours - collapsed on the floor in the clinic waiting room. Apparently, Flonase dried out nasal tissues to the extent that they ruptured and bacteria from an abscess leaked into the soft tissue in my face - back home an ENT did a follow-up MRI and confirmed what happened by way of seeing the scar tissue! Clinic doc in resort town nearly had me air-lifted to a hospital, but five daily one gram shots of antibiotics in my butt cheek saved me. Ruined the vacation, but I lived! The clinic doc, an old-school guy, gruffly said to me as I lay on the gurney during a brief moment of lucidity on my part, "Never put anything up your nose except saline!" I recently was pre-perscribed for a nasal polyp. Experienced some other side effects mentioned here, including facial pain, weird dreams, etc... and its effectiveness seems to have stopped. USE WITH CAUTION make sure you do not over-dry your nasal cavity!

Related Reading: flu | flonase | ruptured

Comment from: Lyssa 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 25

Was very pleased to have allergy relief after a few days of using Flonase. Then I started having â??shaky nerves and anxietyâ? and high heart rate. Eventually made the connection with Flonase. Am only posting here for anyone else that may be searching for answers. It is apparent that this steroid works for some- yet not for all. I stopped using it (as directed) about a week ago - still having same symptoms. I urge caution. Would much rather have itchy eyes - runny nose - than feeling like I may end up in the ER or dying!

Related Reading: allergy | flonase

Comment from: Captain ted 55-64 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: February 17

Used for one year under supervision of a ENT. I started having facial pain. Stopped using it and had withdrawal migraines and cluster headaces for three weeks.

Comment from: 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 11

I took Flonase due to allergies from our 2 new cats. The spray has been very effective for my allergies, but after using it for 5 or 6 days, my nose hurts incredibly. I feel like someone has punched me in the nose so hard that they tried to break it. I can breath through my nose, but the air flowing through my nostrils is painful. I feel like the whole inner area of my nose is severely bruised and swollen. The last couple of days Iâ??ve felt feverish and have felt like I had a vice squeezing my head, my body and joints were achy, all like I was getting the flu or something. But I didnâ??t have a fever or any other flu-like symptoms. One dose of 800 mg of ibuprophen each of those days took care of the headaches and body aches, and temporarily helped my nose pain, but my nose still really hurts without Advil or if I touch it, sneeze, or blow it, even with Advil, though itâ??s a bit better today after not taking the Flonase for the last 3 days. I will never take this product again!

Related Reading: flonase | flu

Comment from: 55-64 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: November 10

Since I am reading so many negative reviews, I thought I would share my very positive experience. I have taken Flonase every evening for about 6 years. It keeps my nasal passage clear for sleeping with a nasal mask. I have had zero side effects,

Related Reading: flonase