Fludara

Comment from: Mary Ann65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 17

use of guar gum not only lowered my total cholesterol from 179 to 154 over 6 weeks, but lowered the post-meal spike in blood sugar. I make 2 qts at a time in an empty 32oz yogurt container. simply first add water, then the flavorings of choice, sugar substitute, and enough guar gum to thicken to a gel-like consistency; mix with mixer, and eat for a snack before, with, or after meals.

Comment from: gospace55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 09

Fibers are supposed to help reduce cholesterol- tried taking several singly, none had any effect. Started with 1 heaping spoon of milled chia and milled flaxseed, one rounded spoon of pectin and psyllium, one slightly rounded spoon of guar gum. Cholesterol dropped from 234 to 181 in 6 months. DO NOT start taking these amounts all at once, esp the guar gum. You will have severe gas pains and/or diarrhea. Was taking prescribed colestipol which is really nothing more then a fiber. Had zero effect on cholesterol. Taking any of these by themselves had zero effect. I've been trying for years to bring down high cholesterol without statins. This worked. I'm 58 now, and since first measured at age 38, my cholesterol has never been below 210 until now. I also gave up low fat low cholesterol foods as I started this fiber combination. Use real butter, eat eggs more often, etc. I eat what I like.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 12

good

Comment from: Matt F45-54 Published: February 27

I have prediabetes, and I use 3/4 tsp in 8 oz water (well mixed) before lunch and eat a normal lunch including sandwiches, pizza, etc. I don't use it at breakfast because I eat a smoothie and it usually would not be unhealthy. I have started doing more frequent glucose monitoring so that I can evaluate the effect of the guar gum (which I found in the food additive section of a health food store, not near the laxatives and supplements) to keep the glucose down. It is part of a comprehensive program I am trying that also includes 30 min or more of exercise per day, calorie restriction, weight loss and avoidance of sugar.

Comment from: europeen55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 22

Reduses overall cholesterol abt 20% at a daily intak 10-15 g. Gives you moderate gas, possible B12 defiancy. Slight weight deduction