Neoral

Comment from: anangel189, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 14

My Daughter had Nephrotic Syndrome when she was 3 1/2 yrs old. we went 2 1/2 year on the normal Prednisone/solu medral iv. when they wanted to start a third round I searched for something new to try because the Prednisone was not working. They said that NEORAL was not proven to help her condition. Well prednisone was not helping so I chose to try and within 3 months her Kidney levels were normal. within a year we were lowering the dose and wenning her off. Her Nephrotic Syndrome has been gone now for almost 8 years. I am not sure why they dont use this drug more often. She had NO Side effect at all! And that was wonderful!

Related Reading: prednisone | neoral

Comment from: pregoncemore, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 21

I had pyoderma gangrenosum, due to complications with ulcerative colitis. This drug helped me not have my leg amputated. I have an ugly scar on my lower leg, but at least I still have a leg.

Related Reading: colitis

Comment from: tia, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 23

i took psoriasis at 21 and i'm now 39 i had been on every cream going. was on methrotrexate but had to come off that after 2mths. neoral has been like a miracle drug for me! i can now wear bikinis and no spots and even better have no side effects.

Related Reading: psoriasis | neoral

Comment from: jagrabill, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 29

I am a 43 yr. old female. Heart Transplant 9 years out. I am now suffering with severe hypertention and kidney failure. I had no choice but to stay on the medication. It sickens me that now I am dying of illness connected to this drug.

Related Reading: kidney failure

Comment from: Its Okay, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 30

It got rid of the psoriasis but caused my blood pressure to shoot through the roof.

Comment from: none, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 16

Interstitial cystitis

Related Reading: interstitial cystitis

Comment from: artemis, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 22

I take Neoral oral (75mg bi-daily)in combination with methotrexate 17.5mg per week.This combination has served me very well after trying a number of less successful regimes. It has resulted in my being free from pain and inflammation for most of the time (98%) where other regimes probably only made a difference of 50%. Nor do I have the same problems of fatigue (I take 5mg folic acid per day except on methotrexate day.) I do worry about the long term effects of the drugs but I have to balance this against the alternate effects of serum positive erosive RA. I feel that this regime has provided me with a respite from the disease.

Related Reading: neoral | methotrexate | fatigue

Comment from: lisame, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 22

well I have had some side affects hearing loss but not bad joint pains lots of facial hair but over all no big complaints because I've had my kidney for 14 years.Oh ya weight gain but still it's been worth it.And it was a cadaver kidney

Related Reading: hearing loss

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 13

I have began taking this medication when I was 16 years old. I received a Kidney transplant and have had my kidney for 8 years now. I have not had a rejection episode yet even though now my creatine has crept up a little. Currently I am going to be getting my gallbladder removed as it is no longer functioning...a connection to using antirejection meds for a long time...I am not sure????

Related Reading: creatine

Comment from: tonyb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

at present i am expierecing a very raspy ans sore throat, almost like I am about to looose my voice, there is no fever or flu lke symotoms, temp is okay, doew neoral cause sore throat?

Related Reading: sore throat | fever | flu

Comment from: GiftedHeart, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 29

Overall this drug has been a life saver, The side effects we had were manageable. Hair growth, hand tremors, sometimes body aches.We recently had to stop the drug, because of high blood pressure and a increase in creatine level. However it did it's job for 14 years.

Related Reading: tremors | high blood pressure | creatine

Comment from: Cee, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 09

Tremors,no immunity from other infections

Related Reading: tremors

QUESTION

About how much does an adult human brain weigh? See Answer