Glucotrol XL

Comment from: SBB65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 19

Brought my glucose levels down to normal range with a proper diet. I use the Carb. counting method. I take the medication in the morning with my breakfast. I have even lost some weight. No side effects experienced. I do eat three times a day with snacks in between and a bedtime snack also.

Comment from: ubaxas5225-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 06

it starts off a little slow at first(it takes a week or 2 to kick in),but once it gets in your system it works great

Comment from: Spoony 35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 14

Easy to take. In my case it has been very effective when combined with "Glucofage"(sp?) It has brought my numbers down below 100 consistantly. I have not experianced any stomach problems - I always make sure to take with food.

Comment from: Lisa35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: February 15

This medication with the help of Metformin and Insulin has brought back my eye sight. This is truley a miracle.I can now see wings on a bird, leaves on a tree, bricks on a wall.

Comment from: emanuel55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 12

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 02

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 10

They do upset my stomach

Comment from: ladybug65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 08

this medication seems to make me hungry all the time and I have put on pounds that are not welcome ,looking for a diabetic pill that does not cause me to be hungry al the time

Comment from: jhane65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 12

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 28

Comment from: ph6spx45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 19

i have been taking this medication for the past7years,and i find that it works very good

Comment from: condor75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 01

Comment from: lynn55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 11

glipizide XL 10 does not work for me. It must not be breaking down in my system. the 5XL works better than the ten XL. I take the tens 3x a day and the 5XL 3 x a day Plus I take the regular 5's if I need to bring my insulin level down more. I'm trying to see another doctor to see if I require another medication as I don't think the 10's are breaking down in my system.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 27