Glucovance

Comment from: houdini, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 23

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS MEDICATION FOR 8 YEARS AND IT HAS WORKED VERY EFFECTIVELY. IF TAKEN EVERY 12 HOURS IT SEEMS TO HELP CONTROL THE SUGAR LEVEL. I HAVE HAD TO ADD JANUVIA IN THE MORNINGS NOW. BUT THE BIGGEST FACTOR IS WATCHING WHAT YOU EAT AND QUANTITY. I AM ALLOWED TO TAKE A SMALL BITE ONCE IN A WHILE OF SOMETHING SWEET, BUT IT USUALLY WASN'T WORTH THE SUGAR INCREASE, MUST EXERCISE IF YOU TAKE THAT BITE.

Related Reading: januvia

Comment from: Glucovance , 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 22

I have experienced the Glucovance tab 500mg/2.5 twice a day right at the time of my breakfast and dinner time.The dose is suggested by my Doctor. I have take this tablet from one month or so, with this I have also take two other tablets name AMARYL 1mg and glucobay 50mg. My doctor recommend these tablets to me because my blood sugar is too high 300 to 350mg/dl and my A1C range is also very poor i.e 11.2% but after taking these drugs my blood sugar level is contol very much i.e in the range of 90 to 115 in the fasting and in the range of 140 to 165 in random. The problem I have faced after taking glucovance is that my stomach is disturbed produce lot of gases in the stomach although stool is passing regularly but it is hard to pass.I Feel my head rotating.

Related Reading: glucovance | amaryl

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 18

I try not to eat anything I shouldn't, but if I do, or if I discover I have, I know that I have my "metformin" to help me get back on track. I doubt I could "live" without this medication, literally. I really do try awfully hard to make sure that I keep my diet and my blood sugar levels in check, but I know this medication always has my back.

Related Reading: metformin

Comment from: massagemas11, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 23

I have been on this med for a while now and i have to say it is a good med because it does lower my Blood Sugar. Before I started it my BS was over 300 now it hovers around 125.

Comment from: rana, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

it has brought down my sugar levels

Comment from: Stxipec2, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 16

This treatment has helped me control my sugar and no side effects.

Comment from: colleen08063, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 22

It's convenient to take one medication instead of 2. I find it to work well. You just need to remember to take it 12 hours apart so not to have your numbers spike, but that's with all medication.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 09

Improved control of bloodsugar levels

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 27

Been on this medication for a month now. The gastrointestinal side effects are horrible. Constant diarahhea, bloating and gas that cannot be controlled. Not sure how others function while on this med.

Comment from: Barbara S, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 22

I have reduced my medication because of high amounts of exercise. I need to take 1/2 of dosage of 1.25/250 so I cut tablets. However, the brand name is no longer manufactured. I can't take generic - I get wheezing, mucus, nasal swelling and cough from probably the coating or other stuff in pill. Any ideas?

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: glucovage, on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 23

weird dreams

Comment from: Jess, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 28

I've been using this stuff twice a day for the past week, and it works decent.

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 31

I recently switched to glucovance because metformin alone was not working. I have seen and felt significant change in lowering my glucose level....It has only been 10 days so I will keep monitoring

Related Reading: glucovance | metformin

Comment from: marta, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 24

Does glucovance give you anemia?

Related Reading: anemia

Comment from: csmusabrunno, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 02

chronic cough, hoarse voice, very salty tasting mucus, muscle pain in arms and shoulders, irritated upperespitory system causing more sensitivity to allergens and creating bronchitis's symptoms.

Related Reading: cough | bronchitis

Comment from: Opeoluwa , 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 04

serious skin itching rash and eruption and discoloration and skin burnt.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Roy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

it worked for about 3 years, then was inffectivee

Comment from: chong, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

gas in the abdomen

Comment from: vlewis25, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

I have been taking this medication for 10 days now and my sugar levels are still going up and down

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 15

I had terrible pain and bloating of my abdomen while taking this medicine. I had to stop taking it after 3 days and it took that long again for my pain and swelling to ease. However, it did control my glucose level very well.

Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis, Treatment, Medication See Slideshow