Grifulvin V

Comment from: sweetpea, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 22

i have been taking this medecin for three weeks now for fungus in my head and toe nails so far my scalp has cleared up some what as for my toes i have a much longer wait for it to be cured . i didnt have much of a headache its the rash all over my body it started on my arms and now it is every where elese it consists of fine little red bumps that some times itch.

Related Reading: headache | rash | itch

Comment from: freeringwormadvice, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 03

Try soaking in a bath of epsom salts before taking any medication for ringworm - acts as a drying agent. Two times should do the trick. It's all about what they can sell you.

Related Reading: ringworm

Comment from: luvmyhuskypups, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 28

The first night on it my 10 ye old daughter had a stomach ache. Then the next day a headache...and a more severe headache on the 3rd night with nausea & a hard time sleeping! She said it felt like a migraine. Also, not much appetite at all.

Comment from: tenn78, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

I started taking this med. for ringworm. The ringworm went away with discoloration of the skin left. Also I stayed very tired all the time. Easy to use, yet being tired all the time takes atoll on the family and work.

Comment from: cowboyfan3887, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 10

I took this once a day for 5 weeks and it cleared the unsightly infection and some nail fungus on my toes.

Comment from: SJ, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 28

I have taken this medication for almost 1 month, prior to taking it my nails were becoming infected 1 at a time, since beginning it I have not had another nail infected. Waiting now to see improvement in the ones that were previously infected.

Comment from: Jerry, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 22

for the first week I had blindingly severe headaches and stomache aches. the doctor failed to mention this drug would make me dizzy. After taking for the first week the ringworm started to itch horribly like it never had. it's drying up but when I put anti itch cream on it it burns very badly for about 20 minutes before it stops itching so theres good and bad

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: LE, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 04

No sun sensitivity warning was on label. ON the last of 28 days of treatment, I had a grapefruit (also no warning) then went for a hike - I got a serious sunburn/rash on my neck and hands. The ringworm hasn't completely gone away (still discoloration and occasional itch, but much better than before with OTC creme.

Related Reading: grapefruit | sunburn

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 26

I lost weight it didn't help my scalp

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 07

My mother (age 91)is taking this for a fungus on her face. She has been sick to her stomach and unable to eat much. Also very dizzy. Last night she fell and cut her face. We will stop this medicine immediately.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 13

I am only 2 weeks into a 4-8 week dosage and have found no improvements. NONE. I was previously on 250mg of Terabinfine twice daily for the two weeks leading up to the switch to Griseofulvin and made the switch because that too did not work. I have no idea if I am being impatient but Tinea Barbae is extremly unsightly and very, very depression to look at in the mirror, especially when you feel like there are many possibilities of misdiagnosis. I have not found any actual reviews of treatments for Tinea Barbae and am hoping that mine will open up the doors! This is miserable but I know these things take time. If I could see just a hint of an improvement I wouldn't be writing this. If I KNEW it had worked for someone else it would ease my mind.

Related Reading: griseofulvin | depression

Comment from: whitley, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

i had a couple of ringworms on the body. i've finish my complete dosage and there is absolutely no change.. besides the headaches,not sleeping and a sore tongue...

Comment from: Green, 7-12 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

My twelve year old daughter has had ringworm for a year now. I've tried every topical cream there is. She started with the liquid Griseofulvin 10 days ago. (300mg 2x's a day for 8 weeks) Haven't noticed a change in ringworm as of yet. No side effects either. I'll keep you posted on her progress.

Related Reading: ringworm | griseofulvin

Comment from: gcgumbo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 11

Severe headache, Took my first dosage on thursday, my weekend was horrible. a sever headache the entire weekend.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Yolo, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 10

Oral tabs, 1x a day. I've only been on them for 4-5 days. No noticeable side effects. The ringworm seems to be receding.

Comment from: robin, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 02

Would not recommend this medication. have not yet confirmed but believe this medication has givin my son a rash went to the doctor they couldnt tell what it was. they refer us to dermatologists she had to look in a book and kind of guess what it was. during the time i stop the medication for about 2weeks and his rash was clearing up. just a couple weeks ago i started it back because his fungal infection in his toe has not clear up yet. the itchy rash is starting to appear again. on face and elbows and upper chest. i assume to believe it is the medication. and any medication that you take so long has to have some type of side effect to it. specially a child at the age of 7.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: dvanilla, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 30

My child had a ringworm, used this medicine in the past and it worked.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

Only took this med for 2 days, terrible head ache and nausea, sore stomach. Would not recommend this medicine.

Comment from: dcburg, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 20

the medication start to work overnite great! after a week my gout flared up i stop useing the medication and the gout pain went away

Related Reading: gout

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 22

Have had ringworm of the body for 2 months, was on this med for 13 days. Had terible headaches, sore stomach, dizzy, nauseau, couldn't sleep.Quit taking it when I had a reaction of red bloch on my face and felt like a bad burn. Didn't help my ringworm at all. Will never take again.

Comment from: a-a-w, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 08

After taking this drug for a month there is little improvement. Severe headaches, loss of appetite, severe stomach aches, extreme itchiness in affected area and cost me $155 for 30 pills.

QUESTION