Havrix

Comment from: Paradise Ultimate Andrographis, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

I have a history of sinus infections. Came down with a terrible cold and developed all the symptoms of infection. After one treatment of andrographis the symptoms began to abate. I've been taking two pills a day for three days and my symptoms have totally dissipated. I plan to continue taking the supplement for a full 7 days and then discontinue.

Comment from: u78j2u, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 30

cleared congestion able to breath easier stopped aches however I was not able to pooh for a couple of days.I would take it again if needed.I took for three days.12 tablets per day.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 03

good

Comment from: KayakGirl, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 24

I haven't gotten a cold in 2 years since I started taking this herb but you mention the Swedish Herbal Institute Kan Jang product twice in this article & they do not make that product anymore in the US but I did find a product called Kold Kare from Kare-n-Herbs that does & that is what I use now.

Comment from: Olivia, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 01

I have used this several times at the first sign of runny nose or sore throat. Each time symptoms disappeared quickly. I only took the supplement until the symptoms were gone. Swanson Vitamins brand was used.

Related Reading: sore throat | vitamins

Comment from: sophiesmommy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 11

Andrographis is an excellent herb for lowering blood pressure. I've been using for 2 years now. You can take it along with Hawthorn and Olive Leaf herb to lower blood pressure. I was formerly on Losartan and that stupid BP drug almost killed me. It gave me bronchial pneumonia, earaches and runny nose. You can actually go to herbs to lower your BP.

Related Reading: hawthorn | losartan | pneumonia

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 01

good

Comment from: love_alive, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

Ok, the tabs taste horrible but there was a noticeable difference in symptoms after 3 or 4 days. Seems to be more effective than most herbal cold/flu remedies

Related Reading: flu

good

good

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 08

I have COPD and I have taken andrographis(2 a day) for two months. My breathing has improved a lot. Also I usually have some sort of respiratory problem in Jan or Feb and I did not have that problem this year. I have since learned that you aren't suppose to take the andrographis for more than 10 days at a time. I can tell a difference since stopping and would like to know an effective way to continue safely. Would it be safe to take every other or every third day?

Related Reading: copd

Comment from: msingle17, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

I tolerated 2 capsules twice a day but began having an irregular heartbeat after 3 weeks. This occurred 2days after receiving a B12 injection.

Related Reading: b12

Comment from: lounorman, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 03

Suffered with IBS for many years, primarily morning bloat. This stuff makes a real difference.

Comment from: jmo3, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 27

I have taken Andrographis for the past 2 years when prodromal signs of illness (sore throat, stuffy nose, etc.) emerge and every time the illness has failed to materialize.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 07

I use this whenever I feel my throat is sore, or feel like I'm coming down with a cold. My mom is a heath nut, the neighborhood herb lady, and I find I am pretty resistant to most herbal remedies, but this one works wonders. I used to have a cold for 2-3 week average, and if I use Andrographis, it lasts rarely over a week.

Comment from: Dolly, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 17

I started taking andrographis for a chronic sinus infection. It has helped my breathing alot, though I still wake up in the middle of the night coughing 3-4 times. Before I would wake up 15 to 20 times and was getting very little sleep, so I feel this has made a difference. I take 800mg 2 times per day. I wonder how safe it is to keep on taking it, but I didn't take it one night and woke up a lot more being unable to breathe. Doesn't seem to cure my prolem but neither does repeated courses of antibiotics.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: Ton, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

We grow the andropholis in a pot in our garden and I take it somewhat saw, not the capsule or tablet form. I just add boiled water unto the raw leaves. They taste very bitter but I don't mind it. It does help with my colic gas, makes me sleep soundly in the night and I hope it is lowering my hypertension.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 14

I keep sinusitis with headaches, lethargy, and neck ache. When I take on a daily bases it reliefs my symptoms but when I stop taking the symptoms return in a couple of days. I have an autoimmune disorder and am concerned how this medication may effect my disorder so I try to be cautious with how I use this product.

Comment from: angnc, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 24

First take note: this product is NOT good for allergies (springtime) mistaken for a cold. The echinacea in the daisy family can possibly make your symptoms worse, so make sure what you have is really a cold. It helped but was not a miracle. My chiropractor had me taking 8 a day for 5 days, and it was sort of inconvenient to dose that much. After the five days there was some improvement, but it's hard to say if I would have gotten better anyway without it. I think it helped a little.

Related Reading: echinacea

Comment from: Jb, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 07

For the last five years I have been using andrographis when I feel a cold coming on. IT stops the cold within a day sometimes the cold does not eventuate at all. FAbulous product. Colds use to hang on for weeks with me.

Comment from: Siva, Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 24

This herb is called 'Nila-vaempu' in Tamil language. My brother had diabetes for many years and he made a drink out of the leaves and drank twice a day. In one month the diabetes came under control. Too 2 teaspoon of the leave powder, put it in 3 cups of water. He boiled it to one cup and drank like tea,twice a day.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 23

The very best andrographis I have tried is by Solaray. It is top notch. I use it when I have been exposed to someone sick, or I get the first hint of a cold or sore throat coming on. I follow the andrographis with colloidal silver, which I gargle and them swallow. I follow the directions on the containers. There is literature available that recommends different dosages according to your particular situation. I have never noticed any side effects. Many times just using the andrographis capsules, followed in a little while by colloidal silver will just stop the disease process in its tracks. I do not take either of these supplements on a continuing basis. I originally read about andrographis in the magazine "Delicious Living" quite a few years ago. I am not recommending andrographis or colloidal silver to anyone. I am simply sharing my experience. Always consult a doctor or other qualified medical personnel before trying anything new. There is always the possibility of interactions.

QUESTION

Hepatitis C virus causes an infection of the ______________. See Answer
Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

Used for follow-up treatment for pleurisy. Recommended by chiropractor.

Related Reading: pleurisy