Horizant

Comment from: Angela35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 11

I just can't believe it has taken so long to treat my RLS symptoms and now with Horizant it is just 1 tablet at dinner and I feel so much better. I look forward to a good night's sleep without the urge to move constantly.

Comment from: David55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 24

RLS was diagnosed years ago and finally I have Horizant which works so well that I get a good nights rest without feeling groggy the next day and it's only 1 pill instead of continual dosing of gabapentin. I am so happy!!!

Related Reading: horizant | gabapentin

Comment from: Robert P55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 12

I have read other reviews of being in a "stupor or no relief of pain" but as taking this medication it was me not taking it correctly as prescribed which is to be at 5PM with food not before bedtime! My RLS pain is now controlled glad I followed the PI.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 19

Taking this medication around 5 o’clock in the evening makes it easier to wake up the next morning without feeling groggy. Most of the pain has dissipated. I’ve only been on it a week.

Comment from: Larry T45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 20

ends up I have RLS-restless legs syndrome and didn't know it after years of this painful tingling in my legs especially when sitting still or lying down to sleep. My doctors misdiagnosed as arthritis due to leg injury but a NP gave me a questionnaire and it matched my symptoms for RLS and prescribed Horizant 1 pill at dinnertime works great!

Related Reading: arthritis | horizant

Comment from: alvt65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 31

Comment from: FranW55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 02

I started using this for burning neuropathy in my feet which I think may be due to Mortons Neuroma or Plantar Fascia issues. After a couple of hours on my feet I literally couldn't walk. Horizant was a miracle. My doctor just doubled my dose to bid in an effort to help with my migraines. Will see how that goes. My only complaint is a small one. Why does it smell so bad when you first open the bottle. Pill does not have a bad taste but that first whiff is pretty bad. Very grateful for the program that allows me to get my medicine cheaper.

Comment from: Jolie55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 04

I had been taking regular gabapentin in the past for nerve pain. It wasn't really helping. I went to the neurologist for help with restless Leg Syndrome. He prescribed me Horizant and I was hesitant taking it when I read it was a form of Gabapentin. But, I gave it a try. Thank God! I finally had a good night sleep without waking drowzy. I would spend days having maybe 3 hours of sleep because of my condition. It's been a month now and so far so good. The downside is that my Medicare Plus copay for this is $130 for 90 60mg capsules. Here I am use to paying $10 copays and was horrified with the news I had to pay the amount mentioned. I will ask my Dr in my next visit if I could substitute this for a higher dose of gabapentin instead. I'll find out soon.

Comment from: Coodie65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 18

Amazing drug to treat RLS ! I have had RLS since I was a young child and the older I got, the worse it got to the point I consulted with every neurologist locally and finally was told about Horizant and asked if I wanted to try it, good. By RLS.

Comment from: Amy65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 24

Had shingles virus and continual pain where the rash was located which even clothing was so uncomfortable let alone a hug from my grandchildren

Related Reading: shingles

Comment from: old stroke guy75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 07

Taking it for stroke pain. It provides no relief. The pill is large and tends to stick on the way down.

Related Reading: stroke