Humira

Comment from: EmiG 35-44 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: February 11

My husband had a problem in his nails and been treated for many years for fungal infection until he was diagnosed with arthritis psoriasis and HUMIRA was applied on him. Was like magic for a year. His join pain disappeared and his nails become clearer also a little scar diaaapeared. After 1 year inyecting HUMIRA every two weeks he is in a severe shoulder pain and his nails started getting uglier again. He is sleeping a lot and feeling some knees pain too. I wrote his doctor about a week ago but no answer yet. Iâ??m very concerned

Related Reading: arthritis | psoriasis | humira

Comment from: swede 25-34 Male 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: February 05

For me I saw no improvement for 6 months then it started to work and after 8 months I was completely clear. No side effects notices so far, been on treatment for 9 months.

Related Reading: treatment

Comment from: 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: May 24

caused heavy legs,frequent urination, diarrea, coughs,inability to sleep.low energy, neausea.Im worse off than when i started, only used a month then stopped due to issues.

Related Reading: frequent urination

Comment from: Sam 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: April 11

Medicine does not dispense.

Comment from: Angie 65-74 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: March 29

My grandmother died from this medication. She was receiving injections over a couple of months and died of internal bleeding on March 18th, 2019 in the hospital. The bleeding started the day before, so it killed her quickly. Internal bleeding IS a side effect of this medication. Maybe she was a rare case but Humira, in my eyes, is extremely dangerous. My grandfather couldn't bring himself to do an autopsy to prove this BUT she was in decent shape for her age until she started Humira. I'm 100% convinced it caused her death.

Related Reading: internal bleeding | humira

Comment from: sadie 75 or over Female Patient Published: March 19

Hair was falling out and frequent nose bleeds. Dr. had me discontinue after only a few injections. I am on Remicade and so far no re-actions.

Related Reading: remicade

Comment from: Jeff C 55-64 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: February 18

I was on methotrexate and it quit working for me. I tried Embrel which still left me with swollen elbows but bette than the methotrexate at that point. I was frightened from the reviews on Embrel. My doctor recommended Humira and at first it was like a miracle. No joint pain for two years. I only took a shot every six to eight weeks. (40MG) For some reason it seems to have lost its effectiveness. Beginning in June 2017 I started having symtpoms I di dnot have previously. neck, fingers, wrists, toes, knees. Has anyone experienced this? I researched if the product had changed its chemical composition;all I could find is that they changed the sting factor of the shot. Has that made a difference or did my body become immune to it.I am now doing shots every two weeks and still having pain. Has anyone had a similar experience. Jeffery Congdon, North Carolina

Related Reading: humira

Comment from: Wayne 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: December 09

I used enbrel for years I thought it worked humiria is the best. It cleared my psoriasis up in quick fashion. And my joint pain is completely gone, thank you

Related Reading: enbrel | psoriasis

Comment from: BYoung 45-54 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: November 06

The cost is outrageous. With insurance and the humira copay it still ran 500 a month.

Comment from: Chuck 65-74 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: June 02

Shot is very painful. Very weak next 5 days. Bloody stools after injection.

Comment from: RayT 65-74 Male 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: June 01

Humira shots are randomly very painful. (Lack of quality control?). I switch to cosentyx for other reasons and I can feel absolutely no pain at all with Cosentyx injections.

Related Reading: humira | cosentyx

Comment from: Dmeredith 25-34 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: November 08

I have severe psoriasis, 85% of my body is covered. After the first injection I started seeing results! Which is amazing! After the 2nd injection, my shoulders were extremely painful and my arms and hands were both tingling and numb. I notified my dr right away, she said it was a side effect but I would get use to it. After my 3rd injections things got worse, after the 4th injection, my back started having severe pain and my legs went numb on the tops down to my knee. Needless to say, I called my family dr and she said it was a serious side effect from the humira and she stopped it right away. Now Iâ??ve been off of it and Iâ??m still have severe numbness and tingling in my arms and legs and now I have to see a specialist. I donâ??t recommend this medicine for anyone. The side effects are really not worth it.

Related Reading: psoriasis | humira

Comment from: SYD 19-24 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: July 06

After having an allergic reaction to Remicaid I was started on Humira and Imuran. Fairly quickly after my initial injection doses I felt 100% better than I had for a long time. I took myself off Imuran shortly after with liver risks. Humira has been a miracle for me. The drug has kept me in remission for 5 years now and given me my life back!

Related Reading: humira | imuran | liver

Comment from: Memie 35-44 Female Patient Published: May 26

I had results in 2 weeks after starting Humira biweekly. My right knee, right elbow and right ankle were all swollen and painful, my elbow was locked temporarily. I was on triple therapy along with prednisone and MTX. I came off the steroid in a year and I had to stop taking Humira because into the 9th month I developed tingling and burning sensation under my toes and feet. It started occasionally then by 3 months it was already every day for 2 weeks or so and I stopped. My rheumatologist kept saying Humira wouldn't do that. I think my RA did it too. Just a reaction to a biologic but a year later I had a flare and took a sample of Orencia inj and 4 days later the same reaction happened and lasted 6-8 hours. My new doc says this biologic works a different way than Humira so they can't all give me the same reaction-it must be my RA. So, I'm going to try Actemra next. However, I take 6,000 IU-10,000 IU Vit D3 daily. I take fish oils, eat fatty fish, prune & cranberry juice, turmeric, gluten free bread, no soy, no eggs, (my snacks have trace amounts), no milk except I eat yogurt, and take a probiotic daily. This all helps me so I'm only on MTX 20 mg and prednisone 5 mg now from a flare up 2 months ago, made it through with better dieting. Sirloin steak grilled medium helps me too, 1x a week. It's like a miracle food and I really enjoy it a lot from my fave place. Treat yourself-I eat dark choc but in small amts as MTX is negated by caffeine esp within FIRST 2 DAYS OF TAKING IT. Apple cider vinegar with honey in water, cayenne and pink himalayan salt and lemon juice helped heal my dad's swollen knee and he doesn't have RA, just getting old... he said he never took the meds but drinks this every day. I don't like the taste of it but you should try it if you think it's good for you. Anyway, I'm not going to take my Actemra until my RA becomes more active. I'll tell my doc about this and just know RA is like a baby- when it's asleep, just let it sleep naked.

Related Reading: humira | prednisone | orencia

Comment from: Jay 45-54 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: May 10

Wonderful miracle drug! After just a couple months I was 100% clear and it was running my life with itching and skin everywhere. No more, I'm feeling great. Only side effect was a bit of fatigue and a little "fuzzy" head but feel great now. Would highly recommend!!

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: SFCZ 55-64 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: February 07

was hospitalized twice with skin infection 5 days after injecting.

QUESTION

The term arthritis refers to stiffness in the joints. See Answer
Comment from: NeverHumira 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 11

Humira did not help manage my Crohn's Disease at all. In addition, I maintained my healthy lifestyle

Related Reading: humira

Comment from: 55-64 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: September 18

The pen for Enbrel seems to be better made as the needle does not 'jump around' when injected. The Enbrel pen also gives a clearer indication that all the medicine has gone into the body. ...THE Humira pen seems flimsy, Not firm like the Enbrel pen, and it does not "click" to indicate that the full dose had been injected. Why can't they make the Humira pen (needle) more stable and have it 'click' when all the med has been injected. Like the Enbrel pen? After all it seems to be made by the same company...

Related Reading: enbrel | humira