Humira

Comment from: Memie35-44 Published: May 26

I had results in 2 weeks after starting Humira biweekly. My right knee, right elbow and right ankle were all swollen and painful, my elbow was locked temporarily. I was on triple therapy along with prednisone and MTX. I came off the steroid in a year and I had to stop taking Humira because into the 9th month I developed tingling and burning sensation under my toes and feet. It started occasionally then by 3 months it was already every day for 2 weeks or so and I stopped. My rheumatologist kept saying Humira wouldn't do that. I think my RA did it too. Just a reaction to a biologic but a year later I had a flare and took a sample of Orencia inj and 4 days later the same reaction happened and lasted 6-8 hours. My new doc says this biologic works a different way than Humira so they can't all give me the same reaction-it must be my RA. So, I'm going to try Actemra next. However, I take 6,000 IU-10,000 IU Vit D3 daily. I take fish oils, eat fatty fish, prune & cranberry juice, turmeric, gluten free bread, no soy, no eggs, (my snacks have trace amounts), no milk except I eat yogurt, and take a probiotic daily. This all helps me so I'm only on MTX 20 mg and prednisone 5 mg now from a flare up 2 months ago, made it through with better dieting. Sirloin steak grilled medium helps me too, 1x a week. It's like a miracle food and I really enjoy it a lot from my fave place. Treat yourself-I eat dark choc but in small amts as MTX is negated by caffeine esp within FIRST 2 DAYS OF TAKING IT. Apple cider vinegar with honey in water, cayenne and pink himalayan salt and lemon juice helped heal my dad's swollen knee and he doesn't have RA, just getting old... he said he never took the meds but drinks this every day. I don't like the taste of it but you should try it if you think it's good for you. Anyway, I'm not going to take my Actemra until my RA becomes more active. I'll tell my doc about this and just know RA is like a baby- when it's asleep, just let it sleep naked.

Related Reading: humira | prednisone | orencia

Comment from: Wayne65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 09

I used enbrel for years I thought it worked humiria is the best. It cleared my psoriasis up in quick fashion. And my joint pain is completely gone, thank you

Related Reading: enbrel | psoriasis

Comment from: Dmeredith 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 08

I have severe psoriasis, 85% of my body is covered. After the first injection I started seeing results! Which is amazing! After the 2nd injection, my shoulders were extremely painful and my arms and hands were both tingling and numb. I notified my dr right away, she said it was a side effect but I would get use to it. After my 3rd injections things got worse, after the 4th injection, my back started having severe pain and my legs went numb on the tops down to my knee. Needless to say, I called my family dr and she said it was a serious side effect from the humira and she stopped it right away. Now Iâ??ve been off of it and Iâ??m still have severe numbness and tingling in my arms and legs and now I have to see a specialist. I donâ??t recommend this medicine for anyone. The side effects are really not worth it.

Related Reading: psoriasis | humira

Comment from: Jay45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 10

Wonderful miracle drug! After just a couple months I was 100% clear and it was running my life with itching and skin everywhere. No more, I'm feeling great. Only side effect was a bit of fatigue and a little "fuzzy" head but feel great now. Would highly recommend!!

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: Jeff C55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 18

I was on methotrexate and it quit working for me. I tried Embrel which still left me with swollen elbows but bette than the methotrexate at that point. I was frightened from the reviews on Embrel. My doctor recommended Humira and at first it was like a miracle. No joint pain for two years. I only took a shot every six to eight weeks. (40MG) For some reason it seems to have lost its effectiveness. Beginning in June 2017 I started having symtpoms I di dnot have previously. neck, fingers, wrists, toes, knees. Has anyone experienced this? I researched if the product had changed its chemical composition;all I could find is that they changed the sting factor of the shot. Has that made a difference or did my body become immune to it.I am now doing shots every two weeks and still having pain. Has anyone had a similar experience. Jeffery Congdon, North Carolina

Related Reading: methotrexate | humira

Comment from: BYoung45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 06

The cost is outrageous. With insurance and the humira copay it still ran 500 a month.

Related Reading: humira

Comment from: Chuck65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 02

Shot is very painful. Very weak next 5 days. Bloody stools after injection.

Comment from: RayT65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 01

Humira shots are randomly very painful. (Lack of quality control?). I switch to cosentyx for other reasons and I can feel absolutely no pain at all with Cosentyx injections.

Related Reading: humira | cosentyx

Comment from: NeverHumira25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 11

Humira did not help manage my Crohn's Disease at all. In addition, I maintained my healthy lifestyle

Related Reading: humira | crohn's disease

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 24

caused heavy legs,frequent urination, diarrea, coughs,inability to sleep.low energy, neausea.Im worse off than when i started, only used a month then stopped due to issues.

Related Reading: frequent urination

Comment from: Sam45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 11

Medicine does not dispense.

Comment from: Angie65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 29

My grandmother died from this medication. She was receiving injections over a couple of months and died of internal bleeding on March 18th, 2019 in the hospital. The bleeding started the day before, so it killed her quickly. Internal bleeding IS a side effect of this medication. Maybe she was a rare case but Humira, in my eyes, is extremely dangerous. My grandfather couldn't bring himself to do an autopsy to prove this BUT she was in decent shape for her age until she started Humira. I'm 100% convinced it caused her death.

Related Reading: internal bleeding | humira

Comment from: sadie75 or over Published: March 19

Hair was falling out and frequent nose bleeds. Dr. had me discontinue after only a few injections. I am on Remicade and so far no re-actions.

Related Reading: remicade

Comment from: SFCZ55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 07

was hospitalized twice with skin infection 5 days after injecting.

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment See Slideshow