Humulin 50-50

Comment from: David, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 16

this is an old type of Insulin and most hospitals don't carry it, so, if you go to the hospital, you have to use your own supply - they won't have it for you. But, does it work? yes and very well with very good results. I was on this by my own request for 2 years and had a 110 mg/dl average consistent! Then something happened in my body and I had to raise up from the 50 units I had taken for over 2 years. I went slowly up to 94 units. There is where I stopped because for the first time in my Diabetic life, I found out what R can do and it scared me. I dropped fast! That 47 units of Humulin R in the 50/50 mix dropped me low quick and I didn't like that! So, I asked the doctor if I could go to N and R (vial of each) and that way go up a bit more with the N and go lower with the R and that has worked (for me). 50N/44R and I have to take Avandia 8mg. Yeah yeah, I know about the scare, but Avandia is the ONLY thing that works for me. Actos - ha ha what a joke! Same with Januvia (for me)

Related Reading: humulin r | avandia | actos