Humulin 70-30

Comment from: ConcernedMom, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 24

This has NOT worked for me but Doc keeps increasing dosage. I'm under a LOT of stress and think this is what is keeping me in this dilemna. She has me on 20 two times a day. I'm at 250 to 205 range.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: bearsmaid, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 05

I AM WORRIED BECAUSE,It says this humulin70/30 is a synthesized lab strain of (Escherichia Coli Bacteria) that is genetically altered to produce Human Insulin. I AM AFRAID OF THE COLI BACTERIA. is that why i am always nauseated?

Comment from: mizmahogany, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 07

Taking 20 units mornings and 10 units at night, I have low blood sugars every time I use it. I drop below 70 everytime. I cut dosage, but still drop below 70 everytime.

Comment from: anthop, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 04

As others have reported. This is not the best drug but after seeing different doctors including Encronologists, we all get the same answer. Stay on it but as we know; the best numbers we can get is around 240. It appears to be a physician pay off to me.

Comment from: Bob Alberts, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 10

I take 80 units 3 X per day and still wake up with blood sugars above 220. It is so hard to find a doctor that actually treats you for your concern instead preach about losing weight when the medicine they prescribe causes you to gain the weight in the first place.

Comment from: Carol, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 17

Need to test my blood sugar many times each day as am having low blood sugar often-- before I drive car I test and take tester in car with me--if low blood sugar --I stop and get fast food in hurry. Am going to talk to my doctor soon about low blood sugar happeni9ng often.

Related Reading: low blood sugar

Comment from: Femmelady, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 05

Started taking Humuilin 70-30 about 7 days ago, the only thing I have noticed so far is a horrible taste in my mouth that gets intense about 15 minutes after taking the medicine and loose bowls. My blood sugars have come within an acceptable range, and I have had no lows! also the side effects seem to be improving at day 7

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 03

Not effective

Comment from: Patrick, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

I can only achieved 12 average for the blood glucose testing ( Accucheck Performa tester), with one injection in the morning about 7.00am and one in the evening about 7.00pm. Dosage of the injection has been increase from 6 unit to 10 unit within 1 1/2 month.