Inspra

Comment from: rosebud, (Patient) Published: October 22

serve reaction while working with drug. Have to care an epic pen at all times

Comment from: Tom, 75 or over Female Published: December 13

after taking this medication for several months I became extremely ill, so dizzy and ill feeling that I could not stand or funtion. Hoarse. Doctors ran emergency tests on my pacemaker and heart but found no problems. Tried a medicine for iner ears problems but that was not working even after 2-5 day treatments. Finally stopped Inspra because it was the last medicine perscribed and within 36 hours I was fine and have remained fine ever since. Was on Inspra once before several years ago and had problems with hoarseness and sore breasts (I'm a man) and quit then for those reasons but was told the drug had been improved. I will never take it again.

Related Reading: inspra | hoarseness

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

Along with 3 other drugs my blood pressure doesn't spike now and stays in the 120/75 range (for the most part) since I started using this drug. However muscles ache and breasts are sore but much better than using sprinolactone so I guess I can't complain!

Comment from: Gert, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 02

I have problem with over production of aldesterone in the adrenal gland, this caused extreme high blood pressure. Had other drugs first with lots of side affects. After starting INSPRA no side effects feeling better than ever and blood pressure to normal. This treatment will be for life.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | inspra

Comment from: Henry, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 03

This medication is being taking for irregular heartbeat and works. However the side effects are not pleasant i.e.muscle weakness, dry mouth at night vision deteriation and fatigue.

Related Reading: dry mouth | fatigue

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 06

It has helped the blood pressure which has been extreme but the dry mouth,lips,eye at night especially intrrups sleep

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

This medication in a relatively strong dosage has been highly effective in reducing sodium levels and increasing potassium levels. There is a medical term for this but I forget it. My kidney doctor has used it successfully for many patients.

Comment from: Richard, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 20

At times my breasts gets very sensitive and itchy, especialy the right breast. Nipple and breast enlarge slightly at times. Some med.refills have no side effect and others do.

Comment from: hrtattack, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 20

Took Inspra for 1 month after my heart attack, no problems. My cardiologist said it was most effective for the first 30 days after a heart attack, but not a long term drug regimen

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: 28zfgw , 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 22

caused fast heartbeat, dizziness, diarrhea,muscle aches, tiredness, nausea, loss of appetite, heaviness in legs when getting out of bed. stay away from this med

Related Reading: dizziness | diarrhea

Comment from: petercharka, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 30

swelling of my breast

Comment from: Alan, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 15

Light headed (as opposed to dizziness), weak and fatigued 100% of the time. Loss of muscle strength.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: robert, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

been on 100mg per day has not helped blood pressure so far bu has now been increased to 200mg per day from today will see how it goes i also take other kinds of bp tablets at the same time

Comment from: gerry, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 09

this drug is very good at what it is used for

Comment from: Masternav, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 19

After many years unable to completely control either blood pressure or low potassium levels, my PCP testing my aldosterone/renin ration, which was through the roof. She referred me to a nephrologist, who pressribed this. Virtually a miracle drug. K levels almost immediately moved to the middle of the normal range, and BP responded accordingly.

Related Reading: low potassium

Comment from: KG, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 22

Like another reviewer, I have elevated aldosterone levels that increased my BP. Been on the generic equivalent for several years now. This medication has worked well for me. 100mg/day.

How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips See Slideshow