Ixempra

Comment from: BetterLifeThruChemistry?35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 29

BEEN TAKING THIS FOR SEIZURES AND RECENTLY FOR BIPOLAR I. ALSO HAVE ADHD, BUT ON ADDERALL FOR THAT AND THEN KLONOPINS FOR PANIC ATTACKS. CARBAMAZEPHINE HAS WORKED FOR ME FOR MY SEIZURES DUE TO YEARS OF ABUSING OPIODS. I'D HAVE TO AGREE WITH SOME OF THE PPL HERE, ALSO HAVE TROUBLE WITH LEARNING NEW TRADES , DECREASED DRIVE AND SOMETIMES TIREDNESS ,ANTI-SOCIAL, NOT TOO MUCH ON WEIGHT GAIN. THERES PROBABLY FEW MORE, MY APOLOGIES. I'LL TRY TO REPOST THEM HOPING IT'LL HELP AT LEAST 1 PERSON OR MORE. OVERALL AT THE MOMENT THO, FOR MY SEIZURES, I HAVENT SCARED MY GF FOR 2 YRS AND COUPLE MONTHS, MY NATIONALITY IS ASIAN, AGE 38, USUAL ROUTINE ON LIFE, STARTED WITH MARY J. AND THEN DRINKING, SMOKE CIGARETTES FOR 23 YEARS AND STARTED VAPING TO QUIT, NOT SURE IF IM GOIN OFF SUBJECT , BUT BASICALLY EVERYONES DIFFERENT AND THE MEDICATIONS HAVE THEIR UPS AND DOWNS. SO FOR ME, MY SEIZURES WERE THE REASON IM ON THEM AND ID LIKE TO STOP TAKING CARBAMAZEPHINE EVENTUALLY. LOOKING INTO A LITTLE MORE NATURAL REMEDIES? CBD OILS ? LOL.! IM HOPING THO. THE RULES AND REGULATIONS ARENT SET WELL FOR THAT YET HERE , BUT WE DONT LIVE FOR EVER ALSO, SO TRY AND HOPEFULLY THIS CARBAMAZEPHINE WORKS OR DOESNT, FOR WHOEVER , TOOK TIME TO READ THIS. I PRAY YOU FIND A LIL PEACE OF MIND FROM WHAT EVER YOU'VE ENDURED TO GET HERE. WHICHEVR OR WHOEVER YOUR GOD...BLESS

Related Reading: adderall | panic attacks

Comment from: Pinky123465-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 08

For a year I have been treated for TMJ but I have such intense pain that I would rather die, that my husband made me go to our family doc about it. He said he thinks its Trigeminal Neuralgia, sent me to ENT, who agreed, he sent me for MRI and to Neurologist, who also agrees it Tri Neuralgia. Now on Carbamazepine, which seems to help but only been on it for 3 weeks. Neuro wants to change that to gabapentin, but side effect reviews for that scare me. I haven't had any pain since 1-2-19, so hoping its working. My pain comes whenever, night or day and lasts anywhere from 1/2 hr to 2 hrs. Would rather go thru childbirth with no assistance than this pain. I'm hoping someone finds an effective cure for this because it's ruining my life-afraid to do anything or go anywhere because it starts out of nowhere. Don't want to embarass myself or my husband. So glad he loves me and helps me through the pain, just by holding me and letting me cry on his shoulder til it passes. Sorry but can't help but cry--don't want to but automatically tears come.

Comment from: Betel6255-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 19

It levels me out just fine. Occasionally the doctors have to take me up or down as far as dosage. Blood test for levels are a must. Don't want to be as zombie.

Comment from: Jeanne55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 18

I have used carbamazepine ER for 30 years and it has worked well except for 2 seizures 14 years ago which I attribute to 'the change.' I had to increase my doseage to a total of 1100mg/day, split between morning and evening. I have had some memory loss, but that started just after my first seizure when I was 35 and was told it was brain disintegration (can't think of the right word). Finding words is sometimes difficult but can't know if it is the medication or the state of my brain after the seizure. Every 3 weeks or so I have an aura where I can't follow conversation or process information well. It ends with a headache so I know it is going away. If often lasts all day and I may wake up with it. I don't know if that means less control by the medicine or not. At least I have not had any seizures for 14 years. The only really BAD thing is that this drug is part of a class of AEDs that cause bone loss. After all of these years, I have severe osteoporosis and broke my arm after a bad fall. The surgeon had to pin everything together and said my bones were weaker than he had anticipated. Considering I may have at least another 20 years to go, I am considering changing to another drug that does not affect bones. However, all of the reviews I have read on those (lamotrigine, vimpat, topirimate and leviracetam) are very scary. Taking Fosamax for my bones is not the answer, apparently, since I had been doing that for a number of years. Anyone with any info on this is very appreciated. I suggest all long term users to have bone density tests every 2 years - even the men.

Related Reading: carbamazepine | seizure | headache

Comment from: Loca35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 04

Did not like the medication at all

Comment from: AM45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 18

I have been diagnosed with glossopharyngeal Neuralgia (similar to TN) with pain on the left side of my face behind my left ear and down through my throat. I had it several years ago and it was just intermittent with no treatment and then it came back 7 months ago and was incredibly painful. Saw a neurologist who started me on 100mg 2x/day and gradually I have increased to 600 mg 2x/day. Each increase in dosage worked for a week so I am keeping my fingers crossed this dosage will work. still feel pain behind my throat but nothing compared to what I felt before so I am good with it. Have had the loss of words and feeling a bit foggy feeling that others report but trade off feels worth it at the moment. Just praying it continues to be effective.