Keppra

Comment from: Want advice65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: October 09

Question #1, do you want seizures? If not then trust me -please .... keppra does the job, just like anything else (even food) they ALL have side effects (long term

Related Reading: keppra

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 14

Good seizure control. Main side effect has been moodiness and anger/extreme irritability, but it is manageable.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 12

This Drug made me crazy and irritable when in the company of other, when I would not normally act in such a fashion.

Comment from: chrissy35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 03

just gives me migrains

Comment from: Louisvillefan33 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 07

I just started on the meds this week and so far its been good.

Comment from: LorrD13-18on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 10

mood swings, dizzyness, depression, irritable, difficulty concentrating, constantly tired. No seizures but side effects were too bad. Would not recommend.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: sicnick25-34on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 17

I have had epilepsy since I was 12 years old. I was first put on Dilantin and I was unable to focus and was loosing my teeth. I was put on keppra 500 mgs. 2 times a day (which I am told is a low dose). anyways I haven't had a seizure in over 10 years it is my miracle drug. thank you

Related Reading: dilantin | keppra | seizure

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 16

I used to be on Depakote but I continued to have seizures. I was changed to Keppra since I wanted to start a family and it would be safe for me and the baby. I have not had a seizure in over 6 years.

Related Reading: depakote | keppra | seizure

Comment from: Big Papi.ð??ª 35-44on Treatment for 10+ years Published: June 24

I have been on 2000mgs twice daily. I suffer from extreme moodiness and irritability and rarely any complex partial seizures stemming from temporal lobe epilepsy. The medication for the most part works along with 750mgs of lamictal daily. I've recently in the past few years have been suffering memory loss. Not sure if it's the meds or my condition. The family says that I was a completely different person when taken off the meds while staying in an epilepsy monitoring unit at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. I have to do a double take all the time wherever I am to make sure I don't take out anything on anyone especially at home with the family, especially the youngsters. As funny as it sounds a new family puppy has really helped me cope along with the condition. To all reading this review, remember we have to do whatever it takes to be around for all of our loved ones as long as we can.Stay STRONG. Hope this helps all suffering from this awful condition. Good luck to all of you. Maybe puppies are the cure. Lol.

Related Reading: lamictal

Comment from: SeizureGuy3325-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 24

I take 3000mg/day , causes irritability and drowsiness, but overall it controls the seizures well. I have generalized seizures as a result of a brain injury a few years ago. Have been on this drug ever since, dose has been slowly increased over time. Does no completely elimiante my seizures but its effective.

Comment from: C.Alex25-34on Treatment for 10+ years Published: December 09

Medication works great. I stopped taking it for some time and seazures came back 3 moths later. I have to prevent headaches, stress and heavy lifting off the ground. I still get sudden headaches, feel dizzy, black out or even see this blurry but colorful spot that can't prevent from staring at it. Overall this medication works for me.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: BaDsidEFX!!35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 15

This medication has the worst side effects,withdrawing from friends and family, trouble speaking, over emotional, anger, I can't sleep an when I can sleep my foot taps, anxiety attacks, hot sweats, get the need to get up and move around or pace, mostly in the ankle area and flexors , migraine headache's,

Related Reading: anxiety | migraine headache

Comment from: jh195555-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 02

I was started on 1500 mgs twice a day after having a series of full seizures in April of 2018. I had not had a serious seizure since February of 2009 after a so-called psychiatrist prescribed Celexa in the amount of 60 mgs... 20 mgs above the manufacturers recommended maximum dosage. I had never had a seizure in my life until I had that large dose of Celexa.

Related Reading: seizure | celexa

Comment from: r75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 11

Am experiencing a bladder problem. Have lost all sensations of needing to urinate. Bladder not emptying.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 12

Gave my son Keppra Rage so had him switched.

Related Reading: keppra