Ketoconazole Cream

Comment from: MO, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

I have extremely bad dandruff. I used the shampoo once a week and on another day I would use Nioxin. My dermatologist suggested alternating shampoos with different bases. I have curly hair, so I don't wash my hair more than twice a week. My hair isn't dried out either. I also use a topical steriod solution to calm itches as well as two steriod shots over a period of two weeks. So far, my scalp has been itch and flake free for almost two months.

Related Reading: dandruff | itch

Comment from: BeachBunny, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 28

Used for dryness and flaking on my face. Worked after a week of using, but the dryness and flaking came back a year later. Had to use again.

Comment from: biglump, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 22

Had syptoms similar to Rosacia and nothing seemed to help till I used this cream. Took about a week and I was thrilled with the result.

Comment from: Max, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 14

Been using for about 3 weeks for a rash on my chest. There is no change - doesn't seem to work at all

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Rose, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 10

Dermatologist prescribed for toe nail fungus which now I read is NOT one of the uses described here. It made the fungus much worse, it expanded on the nail. Will never use this cream or doctor again!

Comment from: melissa, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 14

when used as directed the flakes and itching were gone in a couple of days.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 02

This cream seemed to work for me at first, but then caused burning, and the fungal infection actually came back..

Comment from: plabellejr, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

I HAD RASHES, BURNING SPOTS, SCABS, DANDRUFF & ITCHING IN MY SCALP AND GP SUGGESTED THIS MEDICATION FOR ME. THE MEDICINE HAS WORKED AND CLEARED ALL THE ABOVE, HOWEVER IT HAS CAUSED ME TO BREAK OUT SEVERELY WITH RED RASH SPOTS ALL OVER MY ARMS AND UPPER CHEST AREA AND ITCHES LIKE CRAZY.

Related Reading: dandruff | rash

Comment from: bonaventure, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 16

I have a heart condition called rate dependent bundle branch block. Within 2 minutes of applying this shampoo to my scalp I had a rapid heart rate, pressure in my chest. Rinsed off immed and took cardiac meds. Hr and b/p very high. Would not recommend this med for anyone with a heart arrythmia..

Comment from: 3-6 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 26

6yr old didn't always wipe well had very bad case of jock itch, doc prescribed this medication and it went away very good.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 06

dermatologist diagnosed my right side of my scalp and right ear with seborrheic dermatitis recommend me to use this. i had a reduce in flakes but i still have a lot along with server itching and red spots.

Related Reading: seborrheic dermatitis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 17

I have been using the cream for over a month for ringworm on my legin 3 seperate spots. Two of the spots do look better, but the main spot actually got worse. It is very red and swollen and constantly itches. My GP wants me to keep useing for another month but wrap saran wrap around my leg at night. I do not think this medication works at all.

Related Reading: ringworm

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

The cream caused me to break out in a rash with intense itching. I discontinued use and will never use again!!

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: chippiecares, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 05

My daughter had a spot on her face, for quite some time, that our dermatologist diagnosed as a yeast/fungal infection. He prescribed Ketoconazole 2%, as well as an anti-inflamatory cream. After using the products, as directed, for 4 MONTHS with no improvement and, at times, the spot actually looking worse I finally asked our pharmacist if he had any suggestions. He suggested Lotrimin Ultra. Within 3 days of using the Lotrimin Ultra the spot was GONE. GONE. I don't understand why this product is even on the pharmacy shelf- it's a dud!

Related Reading: ketoconazole

Comment from: Fungal free!, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

I am very pleased with the results after only one week of use. I will continue until the dermatologist says to cease. Mine was around 10 inches long starting just below the knee continuing upwards and aprox 6 inches wide. I tried many over the counter products and am grateful to of now found the one for me.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 17

Severe Athletes foot of the toe doesnt seem to help after taking this for a few weeks. Not saying it doesnt work but just doesnt seem to work for me and this condition.

Comment from: FelineVA, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 21

I had contracted ringworm from cats at the veterinary practice where I work and my dr. prescribed this cream. I've only been using it 2 days and already the rash (which was pretty big) is fading. It's still itchy though. I wish it had an anti itch ingredient along with the antifungal component but if it clears it up completely then I'm satisfied.

Related Reading: ringworm | itch

Comment from: plummcrazy_2, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

anyone who uses this right it should help i have used this twice in 3 yrs for ringworms in different spots and inless than a week they were gone...i would recommend this product to anyone who ever gets a ringworm

Comment from: Happy to help, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 06

When i first put it on it burned like crazy! It finally stopped burning and started to look a whole lot better in less than a week. I am gratful for this treatment.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

I have this problem on my nose. I have applied the medication religiously as directed for a little over 1 month. I see no difference.

Comment from: thatguy01020, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

I have been using the cream for three days and the infected areas have become incredibly inflamed, itchy, and irritated. I'm experiencing some weeping/oozing, and severe discomfort.

Comment from: Moberg, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 17

This topical is fantastic. None of the OTC "zoles" are effective in treating my Athlete's Foot and Jock Itch conditions. Admittedly the medication did not permanently get rid of the fungi even though I used it every day until I ran out. However, what I noticed is that if I applied the topical for a few days until the itching vanishes, then it would be gone for months at a time. The next time it comes back I just apply for a few more days. I think this is a more cost-effective use of the medication since these fungal infections are virtually impossible to eliminate completely. To those of you who become worse when using the topical, it is most likely because of an allergy. If you are new to this medication do not treat the "affected" area (especially if it's Jock Itch) until after you rub some cream somewhere else to test if you are allergic to it. The topical isn't that expensive, and such a test may save you from a lot of pain. For dry scalp conditions I would not use this either. Stick to T-Gel or Head and Shoulders. This chemical has a side effect on Estrogen/Testosterone ratio. I would only use it as a last resort to treat fungal infections and nothing else.

Related Reading: athlete's foot | itch | allergy

QUESTION

Ringworm is caused by a fungus. See Answer
Comment from: spoilediva2845, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

Helped tremendously. however to stop the redness and inflammation I have to use derma smooth oil at night. My Derma said I had to use both to actively treat my problem. I am african american. side effect is discoloration. my scalp has changed to a lighter color than my body or then my scalp use to be.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 07

Used to treat itchy scalp with pustules. After a couple of weeks the pustules went away completely and itching decreased, but experienced moderate to severe hair loss.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: wiseshopper, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

I have a yeast infection of the groin area. This is what the dermatologist told me. I used this cream and it did not good but it did cause a red scaly patch on the glans penis where it accidentally got on. Now it is red constantly and has skin scaly on it. I look like i have a sexual disease now. It still remains even though i have stopped using the drug after two weeks. I am seeing the dermatologists in a few days.

Related Reading: yeast infection