Klor-Con

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 21

I had severe gas pains when I first started to take this drug,but found that eating Dannon Activa helped my digestive system adjust to it.

Comment from: Hope, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 08

Taking Klor-con for very low potassium after taking diuretics for a long time. Doc did not warn me to have my potassium checked and I had some pretty serious symptoms by the time I started taking Klor-con. One of the inactive ingredients in hydrogenated oil. I this the same stuff for which the FDA says there is no safe level?

Related Reading: klor-con | low potassium | diuretics

Comment from: jamhow01, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 27

the pill does not disolve in my system, in my stoll the pill looks like it did when i took it except for the color

Comment from: cuddles, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 07

I have no longer experienced leg cramps and I am able to be more active exercising and able to sleep at night.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

I was put on this medication by my Cardologist. After I was put in the hospital for dehydration following Hernia surgery. I have not had any reaction to this med at all.

Related Reading: dehydration | hernia

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 22

Terrible to try to swallow. After a few weeks I have had terrible stomach and intestine pain. I have had to quit it and take the over the counter potassium.

Comment from: mrsmagloo, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 09

I take the regular pill form, but prefer the fizzy form better. The hard pill really rips your stomach up. You have to sit up for a half-hour after taking EITHER form, though. Also, I have been getting very large bowel movements 12 hours after each dose. Since I am also on Vicodin for pain, this is a PLUS, as normally I'd be horribly constipated right now. I'm scheduled for a trigger point injection on my upper back in two weeks and hopefully will no longer need the Vicodin.

Related Reading: vicodin

Comment from: Helga, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 16

Believe what it says about "not lying down within 30 minutes of taking." I had too many pills to take in the am so I started taking this at night before bedtime. Several days I have been having upset stomach and sleeplessness (may not be related). Read and follow directions every time you receive a medication, even a refill!

Comment from: TINNIE, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 30

slight pick-up in energy,lower back pain some relief.side effects/none.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: becca66, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 22

more energy

Comment from: hydrpfloride, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 25

I havr been taking Klor con and hydrochlorot. i just had my Dr. tell me to take more Klorcon 90 mg. and i am on hydrochlorot 25 mg every morning and now i am having vaginal burning and pelvic pain.

Related Reading: pelvic pain

Comment from: doriceb, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 06

I itched alot ecspecially on hands and arms

Comment from: TM Foster, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

I take Klor-Con M20, one pill a day. The doctor who prescribed it told me that since it is a large pill that I could let it dissolve in my mouth with a mouthful of water. I have taken it for 5 months now and that's what I have been doing. I don't like taking large pills but since this one will dissolve quickly (less than 30 seconds) it is tolerable, but you have to have water in your mouth the whole time. Swallow the granules and then follow up with more water. Its tasteless, so that makes it even more easier to take. The bottle also states on it that it is okay to let it dissolve with water in the mouth.

Related Reading: klor-con

Comment from: carly313, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 31

I take eleven of these pills a day. Don't know if this is reason I am gaining weight, but seems the weight is coming on.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 11

I had to take it with lasix so I would not loose my potassium level. It made me feel like I had gas all the time. Not a good feeling at all. Leaves a bad taste also!!!! Like eating a rotten boiled egg at every meal.

Related Reading: lasix

Comment from: klor-con 20, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 01

Extremely difficult to drive, walk or even stand. Numbness in legs was intolerable, needed to stop taking it. Felt helpless and needed to have to be driven from place to place.

Comment from: bettybob, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 20

Since I started taking I am staying very weak but the biggest problem I have now is a cough that won't stop. I just wonder if anyone else has this side effect

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: Bonne94, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

Prescribed this after 2 hospitalizations, a procedure called Aquafaresis and diaretics for lymphodema, fluid in my lungs etc... Have had NO issues with this med. Does exactly what it's supposed to.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 16

I am suddenly having a problem with numbness in the toes after a fall down the stairs

Comment from: Judymc, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 07

I almost chocked on my first pill. My heart was racing and I thought I was going to die. I think something has to be done about this pill. It is very rough and won't go down it really gets stuck half way down your throat. Very dangerous.

Comment from: Jorja, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 16

It is hard to swallow and often feels like it is stuck in my throat. Also causes nausea and heartburn. I got so that I would miss doses because I wanted to take it after a full meal and not a light salad, etc. Finally my daughter suggested wrapping it in peanut butter. Wow - it slides down and I have yet to feel sick or heartburn.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: MsBowe61, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 20

Recently hospitalized 2x while taking this drug for low potassium. Levels were 1.5 and 2.0 had to take 13 bags of IV and increase in milagrams to get level back to 3.3. Had to decrease lasix (water pill)to 1 a day instead of 3 a day and will be hard with other health (lymphadema). Just have to try it I guess.

Related Reading: low potassium

QUESTION

About how much does an adult human brain weigh? See Answer
Comment from: swwhite6918, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 22

This is a very large pill and I easily choke when taking it, even if I break it into two pieces. Sometimes it sticks in my throat. Although it is difficult to take, it is very effective in keeping my potassium levels in a normal range.