Lexapro

Comment from: Mjlee111525-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 09

I started taking Lexapro over a year ago for moderate anxiety that progressively got worse. The first few weeks of this medication are an absolute nightmare. My anxiety got worse, I vomited every morning, I couldn't sleep. I almost didn't make it through. But I am SO happy I did and I strongly recommend it, especially for anxiety disorders. Just be prepared for the first week or so to hit you hard - but just make it over the hump. Trust me. It has changed my life. Good luck to everyone.

Related Reading: lexapro | anxiety

Comment from: butfirstanxiety35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 27

I was not going to take Lexapro after reading all the reviews. I was really skeptical about the side effects. I read one very positive review & it changed my mind. I am so glad i started Lexapro two months ago. I was put on Lexapro for anxiety. I was always in a bad mood & everything set me off. I started with 10mg & saw a slight improvement the first week. It wasn't until the Dr put me on 15mg about a month in that i really saw considerable improvement. Two months later i can honestly say I am am so happy to be on this medication. Everything just seems better. I am happy. I find joy in the things i used to. I look forward to social events. My mood is so much better. I did not gain weight. No sexual side affects. Please don't let other peoples experiences deter you. Give it a try!

Comment from: on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 11

My son was a heroin addict which upon learning about it sent me to a very high anxiety level. If he wouldn't answer the phone by the time I drove home in my mind I thought for sure he was dead. This medicine made me normal again no thoughts like before no crying episodes and just calm. I'm on 10 mg been on it 2 years. Just feeling great. I bought lexapro here http://health-care-24h.com Maybe my review helpes someone too.

Related Reading: anxiety | lexapro

Comment from: Sarah13-18on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 02

I've suffered from anxiety my whole life and it really had just got worse as I got older. When I moved schools the start of this year when I was sixteen I started getting panic attacks and was just not functioning at all. I just hated myself and was so angry with how I was. I got put on Lexapro 10mg and it has been the best decision I've ever made. Within the first half an hour of taking it I felt so much better. I got a bit of a high off it which apparently some people get. Also felt so calm like there was nothing in my head. After the first week it felt more normal. Now I love it life is just so much easier and I'm happier. I will probably be on it for a few years and to be honest I don't really want to get off it because it helps so much. Also though I don't want to be on it my whole life. Side effects I get are headaches and shaking/ jumpyness.

Related Reading: anxiety | panic attacks | lexapro

Comment from: sommersommer25-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 21

My anxiety hit a high in my mid 20s & went from every once in a while to a constant drowning feeling of anxiety. When it became paralyzing, I started therapy. After 4 months of therapy & being against medication, I started to learn more about the illness, how it runs in my family & because the physical symptoms weren't going away I started Lexapro. For the first couple of months as I increased the dosage, I became extremely paranoid that I was going to become suicidal. The weird part was that I had never even thought about this before and never experienced symptoms of depression. I started to learn through therapy that it stemmed from my fear of losing control of my anxiety and myself and the worst case scenario of that would be killing myself. I then became extremely motivated to become the best version of myself that I could be. With more therapy, daily mental exercises, physical exercise and A LOT of hard work... I was able to shake the paranoid thoughts and have never appreciated life more than I do now. Lexapro helped with the physical symptoms but if you suffer from anxiety and panic disorder you still need therapy. The medication is just one part of the process. But with all of the hard work and a daily pep talk in the mirror, I am a completely different person than I was 1 year ago when I hit rock bottom. I see life different & I am so grateful for the little things because I once couldn't enjoy them because of my anxiety and physical sickness. For those who are suffering from anxiety, this is how I see it. Every day I may get a wave here & there but I can manage it and still be happy. If that is the worst thing I have to deal with that day, I will take it. Anxiety is 100% manageable and YOU HAVE CONTROL. It's all about really believing you have control and that YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM. I think it's really important we start more conversations about mental illness. We shouldn't be ashamed or afraid.I encourage all of you to keep preaching ways to overcome it

Related Reading: anxiety | drowning | lexapro

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 20

No Script or health Insurance needed to place and order.. It was nice to have some from them, I just hit them at. WhatsApp only: +1(252)4601212, Wickr or Kik: peterking2014. Message code: (Med16) Discreet Delivery

Comment from: HikerLady6445-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 17

This is the third time I have taken Lexapro for GAD and hormonal changes associated with menopause, and for me it is a wonder drug. It took about 5-6 weeks of taking it before I felt the full effects, but I knew that going in, so I just had to be patient and wait it out. In the beginning I did experience weird side effects like yawning, but those went away early on. I have not experienced weight gain, thankfully. Basically I just feel better, and more like the happy person I was before I began having anxiety. As I stated, this is the third time I've been on Lexapro, so I know the difficulties with waiting for it to take effect, and the challenges with transitioning off the medication. All that being said, I still feel it is a life saver as I was crippled with constant anxiety attacks and wasn't really functioning in my own life. This medication literally gave me my life back.

Related Reading: lexapro | menopause | anxiety

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 13

I have had anxiety off and on for years, but it was always controllable. However, it became more and more progressive over the past few months where my anxiety would trigger full blown panic attacks. One day, I woke up feeling extremely anxious and it did not go away all day. The anxiety progressed so fast where I had episodes of trembling throughout the day, completely lost my appetite, and would even wake up in the middle of the night with extreme anxiety. the anxiety took over and It was all I could think about. It became so debilitating, just trying to go to the store was the hardest task in the world and I was terrified to do so. My anxiety triggered deep depression. I am usually very full of energy, work out, and happy. I have a full time job, and two young kids so I knew I had to see a doctor and get things figured out. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Depression. I am not one to take medicine and am usually scared to do so, but anything was worth a try at this point. I was prescribed 10mg of Lexapro and within a week, felt a difference. It has been 2.5 weeks now, and I feel like myself again and like I have my life back. The medicine helped with my anxiety first, so I still felt my depression until about the second week. I personally haven't experienced any crazy side effects yet, and feel a headache or a little weight gain (if that does happen) is way better than the extreme anxiety and depression I was battling. My Dr.'s goal is to slowly lower my dose after a few months until I am good to be completely off it, as she believes my diagnosis is situational. This medicine truly saved me and gave me my life back. You just have to stick with it!

Related Reading: anxiety | panic attacks | depression

Comment from: Jbeezy8725-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 24

I was very skeptical of this medication and thought all ssris were just money making placebos but I have been proven quite wrong. I finally feel like I have a reason to live again and I'm actually able to enjoy social situations. Had many side effects first week including extreme irritability but all have subsided. Sexually side effects have benefited me and can now get my partner off multiple times and really concentrate on the act of pleasing rather than trying to last lol. Hope this helps some I just recently switched to 20mg tablet once at night.

Comment from: talbotteer45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 08

I started Lexapro a month into chemo for breast cancer. I cried everyday and thought, I can't do this. So, Dr. put me on Lexapro and I never felt better! Now, trying to wean off it 3 years later and wow, it's tough. But it worked like a charm for me.

Related Reading: lexapro | breast cancer

Comment from: StephG19-24on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 11

Had anxiety that creep into depression. Finally decided that I needed medication to help. First 2 weeks I had severe sweating, weird sensation in my mouth, spaciness. But they went away after two weeks or so. I still suffer now from increased sweating at night which is annoying... However the positive affect it has had on my life is AMAZING. Within days I started to feel better, clear head, consistent mood, and started to feel happy again. Would definitely recommend it. My husband is on the same drug, it took him sometime to feel the positive effects. So make sure you stick to it for a least 2 months.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression

QUESTION

Depression is a(n) __________ . See Answer
Comment from: Angie25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 11

I took Lexapro once, and I still have not gotten myself to take another dose. I was prescribed 10mg of Lexapro by my NP for anxiety and depression. I haven't taken any psychiatric medication since high school for my conditions. After I filled my prescription, I took my dose at 1pm. By 4pm, I was feeling elated, lightheaded, and had some stomach pains. By 6pm, I experienced severe dry mouth, excessive sweating, and remained lightheaded and hazy feeling. My heart was also beginning to race. By 9pm, along with the previous symptoms, my blood pressure was very high, my jaw was clenching, and leg muscles were cramping, and I was feeling short of breath. I felt wired. I felt like I had taken a small dose of ecstacy (speaking from personal experience). I was extremely uncomfortable and just wanted to sleep for work. By 11:30pm, I had my mother take me to the ER, and I was given IV saline and an Ativan. My blood pressure while in the ER was around 180/110, and my heart rate was 135. Around 2am, all of my adverse signs and symptoms subsided, I was discharged, and I was finally able to sleep. Be careful of Lexapro, as it is not meant for everyone. Because Lexapro is an SSRI, it can potentially cause something called "SEROTONIN SYNDROME," which is what I experienced. It can also cause this syndrome from interactions with other medication, even as simple as Nyquil. I was told to just try to tough it out and keep taking the Lexapro because "it will get better when my body adjusts to it," but I really do not want to risk going through that again. Make sure you talk with your doctor so that you are well-informed before starting this medication.

Related Reading: lexapro | anxiety | depression

Comment from: CardiacKate65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 03

I started on 10mg for one month then went to 20mg, that was 4 years ago....I have has NO sideffects and feel more relaxed and less stressed than ever. Able to hold a very difficult position in the workplace and have good family relations..

Comment from: Anna4645-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 05

My son was a heroin addict which upon learning about it sent me to a very high anxiety level. If he wouldn't answer the phone by the time I drove home in my mind I thought for sure he was dead. This medicine made me normal again no thoughts like before no crying episodes and just calm. I'm on 10 mg been on it 2 years. Just feeling great. I bought lexapro here http://health-care24h.com/catalog/Bestsellers/buy-Lexapro.htm Maybe my review helpes someone too.

Related Reading: anxiety | lexapro

Comment from: Mickeyboy6055-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 23

yes my doctor prescribed this medication for anxiety but after a month of taking it I had gotten a bad case of DRY EYE. Was put on Restasis and still no help my doctor cut the dose to 5mg a day and the dry eye is better and dry eye is not listed as one of the side affects.

Related Reading: anxiety | restasis

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: November 23

I feel "Normal" again, which I haven't felt in so long that I forgot what it was like to just enjoy life even when things are going wrong. I'm happy again, and enjoy living life, even though I still have to deal with chronic pain from over 7 herniated discs in my neck and back. I also use self-hypnosis with my treatment, and this increased the effectiveness of my program.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: cathy35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 22

I was on lexapro for a year at 5mg. I have been off off it for 10years now, What a great product. it helped me get my life back. And I also had no side effects after weening myself off for a month.

Comment from: Kay 25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 26

A blessing generally no panic attacks for 3 years on this very happy !

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: KD35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 16

Very powerful drug with Horrible side effects. Felt like I had the flu for the first week and on the 3rd night, did not sleep a wink. Lost 3 pounds in a week because I had no appetite. Never felt like I was in a deep sleep, more like twilight sleep. Finally stopped because I have a demanding job, and could not be be half asleep during the day. Maybe this works for some, but decided my anexirty is not severe enough to be on a potent mind altering drug with terrible side effects.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: Cata45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 15

As the time passed, it provided what it had to provide. I realized that I was no longer obsessing over thoughts and that I could function very good. I didn't gain any weight over the last 3 years. One thing I found out was that I could over smoke cigarettes without any physical warnings. Usually, that amount of cigarettes would have caused me to pause the rythm a bit as I should have had headaches or other. Did not under this medication. I did stop since then though...

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: August 12

This medication saved my life. I was skeptical at first, but after giving it time it worked out for the best. While it helped my depression a lot, I still feel anxious time to time so I was also prescribed buspar. The combo has worked well for me so far! Still symptoms but far more manageable.

Related Reading: depression | buspar

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 23

I was found to have minor OCD where I get stressed about certain things in my life i.e dirty house, not finished projects. I was prescribed Lexapro and my mood and anxiety has balanced out really well. I get a little nausea when i take it but that goes away in about 30 mins. No side effects so far and have had plenty of energy and sleep fine.

Related Reading: lexapro | anxiety

Comment from: Michelle 196445-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: December 06

I have tried other meds (Wellbutrin and Prozac) and nothing has worked better than Lexapro. It's been weight neutral for me and has stabilized my mood. I'm quite happy with it.

Related Reading: wellbutrin | prozac | lexapro

Comment from: Hotjacki8525-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: August 03

Was on Lexapro for 6 months. First 3 months were amazing and then suddenly out of no where my anxiety returned with bouts of complete rage. I would scream and yell and not be able to calm myself for hours over very small issues. I weaned myself off of it nd am now trying Zoloft.

Related Reading: lexapro | anxiety | zoloft

Comment from: Pennysweird1625-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 03

I should have listened to the other reviewers when they said they gained weight on this drug. I have gained 20 lbs in 2 months and cannot lose it. I am starting to have other health related issues from the weight gain. I plan on discontinuing.

Comment from: ml55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 01

Helped somewhat with depression and anxiety. My problem is when I tried to go off it. Agree with other reviewers, it's Hell. Dizzy, crying, horrible headaches, fatigue, muscle and joint pain. Won't go back on it again, too difficult to get off it.

Related Reading: depression | anxiety | fatigue

Comment from: Tebone6765-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 19

Comment from: Fsuwin155-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 29

Been on it for four years. Really don't notice much change in anxiety, but in reality there is change. Sleep great, but can barely move after work. I went cold turkey off it 2 weeks ago and it has been quite a ride. Headaches, dizziness, and disorientation.

Related Reading: anxiety | dizziness

Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication See Slideshow
Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 15

My doctor prescribed this due to my concern over constantly crying over stressful situations (due to anxiety and major depression) and it was happening on a daily basis. It was so bad that I couldn't work. The Lexapro really helped rather quickly. I'd say within a week or two I started noticing changes. I still think the same but I can brush things off that normally would make me cry. I pretty much feel like I things don't bother me as severely as they did. Sure, I still get sad and feel down at times, but they don't make me feel like it's the end of the world and I don't cry whenever I feel stressed.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | lexapro

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: October 11

Don't let all the bad reviews scare you--Lexapro has given me my life back. I was having almost daily panic attacks in grad school, it was so bad I considered dropping out. But then I got prescribed Lexapro and saw an instant improvement. Even from day 1 my mood was better and more stable, and by the end of two weeks my panic attacks had completely vanished. My doctor had me start at a very low dose and slowly increase to my full dose over a two-week period. I noticed mild headaches on the days I upped the dosage, and I had increased daytime sleepiness for the first month, but I've had no other side effects aside from mild headaches if I accidentally miss a dose. Totally worth it for me, it's made me so much happier and healthier!

Related Reading: lexapro | panic attacks

Comment from: anonymous 13-18on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 06

When i first started using the medication it didn’t help anything, but after about 2 weeks, i noticed an increase in motivation and overall happiness. i didn’t have as much trouble wanting to get out of bed in the morning, and i didn’t cry or panic daily like i had previously. however, i still get really angry just like previously. it didn’t help the anger associated with my bipolar. it just helped with the sadness. i didn’t have any side effects, which is great because most medicines i react with in some way.

Comment from: T56119-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 13

Iâ??ve never written a review on anything before but lexapro has changed my life. I used to not even be able to stay at work because my anxiety would be so bad that I would feel like passing out, get dizzy, my head would throb, heart wouldnâ??t stop racing, and constantly get hot flashes. When I first started taking lexapro the first week was kinda rough it made me really anxious a few times and was kinda hard to sleep/ I would wake up often in the night. But after about 2-3 weeks I started noticing how much better I was. I used to not even be able to go to the store because it was so bad and now I can go to the store when itâ??s busy, go to work perfectly fine, and I know everyone reacts different to these things but itâ??s the first thing Iâ??ve ever taken and it is working great for me.

Related Reading: lexapro | anxiety | hot flashes

Comment from: bradak25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 19

I'm very satisfied with Lexapro. I had a mental breakdown around the 4th of July due to two tragedies in the family, and heightened day to day stresses. I kept going into the ER thinking I was having a heart attack or stroke and they kept calling it anxiety / panic attacks. Got with my primary doctor and he prescribed me 10mg/day Lexapro. I had severe issues my first week and a half of Lexapro including no appetite, constant nausea, fell asleep easy but would wake up through-out the night, sometimes awake for hours. Very vivid dreams. Panic attacks continued, but they were less frequent and less severe. This all passed by about day 21. I haven't had any of these symptoms in about 3 weeks. Doctor told me he likes to get people on Lexapro long before I started it. So what i learned was open up with your doctor, be honest. I had a diary I started which had paragraphs each day documented when I had bad days, but after the 3 week mark they are few and far between, due mostly to this pill.

Related Reading: lexapro | heart attack | stroke

Comment from: EmElle1325-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 13

After YEARS of switching SSRIs/SNRIs, my PCP and I decided to try Lexapro. I had been on Celexa before but it didn't seen "strong" enough for my level of anxiety. I have been on 10mg of Lexapro for a few months now and it's been amazing. I have even been able to taper down on my benzodiazepine with Lexapro (and all natural supplements/vitamins). I highly recommend giving Lexapro a try. BUT remember, not all meds work for all people. It may just take you a while to find one that works best for you. Don't give up!!!

Related Reading: lexapro | celexa | anxiety

Published: July 21

I'm writing this review on every site I can find in hopes that it will help somebody going through what I went through on this drug. I was prescribed lexapro for some moderate anxiety I was having caused by a physical injury. I took the first 10mg pill in the morning and that night had a full blown panic attack. I had never experienced anything like that prior. I took one more pill the next morning and it led to the 4 worst days of my life. I couldn't eat or sleep and certainly couldn't work. My mind was racing non stop and the anxiety was ceaseless and I broke down crying several times. I spent all day pacing around my living room terrified that this change was somehow permanent, I was going to lose my job and my life was over. I took four days for the medication to leave my system and I was myself again. If you are experiencing this, just hang in there! It will get better again!

Comment from: KamJ25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 23

The initial sensation feels like a chemical is working against the natural order of things.. not working against depression per say.. although, it definitely will start to give a very warm and fuzzy feeling.. which is so needed for those who are hugely depressed. My greatest complaint is that.. even alongside mirtazapine..and just taken during the day.. it completely wiped out the effects of the very effective mirtazapine for sleep.. and I could not sleep all night. Had to discontinue right away. Might effect tonight also. Some people it might not do this to them.. just did it to me. Thanks!

Related Reading: depression | mirtazapine

Comment from: happygirl12313-18on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 17

I loved this medication. It made me an entire new person. I unfortunately had to stop taking it though because it made me gain around 20lbs. If this didn't happen I 100% would keep taking it.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 13

my mood swings are negative

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 25

I have only been taking this drug for a few days. Have terrible heartburn. Is this a side effect. Can't find it listed

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: Buy xanax55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 22

Text me at or contact +1(501)519-0838 Email: [email protected] Below is a list of some of our product HEROIN Methamphetamine (Crystal Meth) ayurvedic urea in powder. Lemon Quaaludes 714. Etaqualone powder, Etaqualone pills Xanax 1 mg Upjohn footbals XANAX 1 mg (blue Ksalol) Xanax SR 2 mg (brand Upjohn) Xanax 2 mg (Pfizer LongBars) Valium 10 mg Bensedine flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) - merck tabs hydrocodone 10mg/500mg 60tabs roxicodone 30mg (physicians tc) clonazepam (klonopin) fentanyl brand name: duragesic 5-12 12.5 mcg/hr patches oxycontin methadone seconal (chemical name-secobarbital) oxycodone-apap (wattson labs) vailum suboxone subutex nembutal Text me at or contact +1(501)519-0838 Email: [email protected]

Related Reading: methamphetamine | urea | xanax

Comment from: Mo'Mo Problems25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 17

Lexapro killed my sex drive. Watch out, I could not cum at all, then my depression got worse and it was hell to come off it.

Related Reading: lexapro | depression

Comment from: gigi65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 23

I took Lexapro for 6 months and it worked for the anxiety, however I didn't show much emotion or cry easily. I felt too mellow. It also increased my appetite and I gained 4# in addition to the weight gain I put on. Being on Lexapro, I was unable to take it off. I weaned myself off it and had terrible side effects: nausea, dizzy and angriness.

Related Reading: lexapro | anxiety

Comment from: Cmf7735-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 05

I have GAD and Panic attacks. My doctor prescribed Lexapro 5mg. I was taking at night before bed which did help with falling asleep. After about 1 week of taking it I started having strange thoughts, that made me nervous. The next week I started feeling a burn in my head with in a couple hours of taking it. Every night the burning feeling got worse and spread down my back and torso. By the 25th day I couldn't handle it any longer and I called my doctor and stopped the medication.

Related Reading: panic attacks | lexapro

Comment from: Arabella indiana19-24on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 18

I have been on lexapro for a year. About 4 months into taking it, I became even more depressed then I have ever been. I would cry every single day and nothing in my life at the time was a result of my overwhelming emotions. Once I realized this wasnâ??t normally me, I went back to the doctor. They changed my dosage. I was feeling good for a while but now Iâ??m just as anxious as I was before the medication and having panic attacks again, and I donâ??t feel like myself. This medication has made me even more depressed then Iâ??ve ever been in my life, and itâ??s almost like Iâ??ve adjusted and am feeling just as anxious. Iâ??ve talked with many others that have taken lexapro and they also werenâ??t satisfied with the effects of the drug. They didnâ??t have my exact experience but similar ones. If you take this drug, I suggest really checking in with yourself to make sure youâ??re feeling better and not worse.

Related Reading: lexapro | panic attacks

Comment from: cami19-24on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 06

this medication has caused me to test positive for cocaine and my doctor took me off of it and now I am afraid to take others

Related Reading: cocaine

Comment from: Sarah 25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 06

I have gained 25 pounds on this medication it has helped me but I can not take it because it is making me test positive for cocaine on a hair test and I don't do drugs my doctor has confirmed that this medication is causing it.

Related Reading: cocaine

Comment from: wain55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 04

the dr prescription stopped being enough for me and I needed something more and my doctor wont provide outside the allowed quantity. so i ask few friends about getting more somewhere safe and trusted, he then introduced me to this market [email protected] they own a market on the deep web and we all know the deep web is the safest means of buying drugs without a prescription. Have been buying from them now for over a year and I think I feel better than taking the prescribed quantity. they deliver worldwide and are very safe and trusted. I know you also want more but don't know where and how to, here is a solution. enjoy!!

Comment from: Koko19-24on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 27

I have been taking lexapro for two years now with no therapy. The first month it made my symptoms worse but I stuck with it and it completely got rid of my depression. After the first month I started feeling normal again and I still do. My anxiety is controlled and I have no suicidal thoughts/depressed symptoms what so ever. The only side effect I experience sometimes is fatigue, and that’s usually if I don’t take it before bed

Related Reading: lexapro | depression | anxiety

Comment from: Ahmed25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 17

I have always suffered with Severe Pure O OCD, it had severely impacted almost every single aspect of my life which lead me to severe crippling Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Panic Disorder and Mild Depression. I tried numerous types of Medication, even the BIG ONE - Anafranil, I remained on this medication for several months on a high dosage, it assisted with the OCD (not so much with Anxiety) however the side effects were utterly terrible so decided to give it up. My psychiatrist suggested Lexapro, began on 5mg and slowly work my way up to 30mg (currently on this dosage for the last three months). Pros: Anxiety has greatly reduced, very few panic attacks, hasn't stopped the thoughts however they have become much easier to brush off, I am able to think more rationally, and I feel somewhat more hopeful and optimistic. Cons: Constantly tired, extremely sleepy (I could sleep all day if I wanted to) and at times I feel somewhat emotionally numb.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | anafranil

Comment from: Brandon25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 02

Comment from: ty19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 02

Started taking for GAD/mild depression. It is life changing. I can barely remember how I felt before, but I feel completely "normal" again. I used to constantly worry about my weight, if people were looking at me, if everyone hated me, etc. and it's like I just don't have to think about those things anymore. Makes it so much easier to focus on the present. I've experienced no negative side effects. It took about a month or so to start working.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Youcandoit225-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: August 29

Comment from: oneway6845-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 31

I hate taking medication due to side effects. I have been taking generic for about 2 1/2 weeks. I have been very sleepy, was dizzy for the first week or so and have excessive sweating. However, it has definitely improved my depression and anxiety. I feel better but not sure how long I can deal with the side effects. Hoping that it evens out after a few weeks. Only on 5mcg

Related Reading: excessive sweating | depression | anxiety

Comment from: Tracey 55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: July 10

Lexapro literally makes me â??normalâ??, all uncontrolable depression has completely gone. Going through menopause was even a breeze. No side effects. Lexapro saved my life. A life time since a child struggling with depression.

Related Reading: lexapro | depression | menopause

Comment from: ceh42625-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 05

I was on this medication for two weeks. 5mg/day. I noticed immediate side effects of extreme drowsiness, feeling wound up like I had drank 10 cups of coffee, on edge, in a fog, couldnt orgasm and felt an over all numbing and didnt feel like myself. I emailed my doctor and said I couldnt take it anymore. The side effects were driving me insane. She recommended I stop taking it and am waiting to be prescribed with a replacement. My partner is on the same med and same dose and he doesnt seem to be having the negative side effects like I am.

Comment from: xbrando719-24on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 20

As someone who has experienced anxiety, OCD, and depression since the 10th grade, I can say honestly that this is a great medicine. It doesn't get rid of my issues completely, but it allows me to get on with my day and enjoy life. It calms and regulates me enough to focus and make adjustments that I otherwise couldn't make. In terms of side-effects, I have taken similar medicines such as Zoloft, Luvox, and Prozac, and found this one to be the most tolerable, with the only complaint being headaches (which are treatable by other means). Among these, it has also been the most effective. While everyone responds differently, for someone who hasn't tried it or is looking for a different treatment I would recommend it.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | zoloft

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 15

Feeling better and sleeping

Comment from: lmcooper55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 26

Does no one else pee all over themselves? i havenâ??t seen this side effect mentioned yet I have talked to others on the medication who experienced what I did. Walking across the floor and having my bladder open up with no warning. I felt zombie like. Couldnâ??t cry. Felt dead inside. In a way, that was acceptable to me, until my Mom died and I felt nothing. Got off after a long withdrawal period. Whoever said this isnâ??t addictive is crazy. Iâ??ve been on several and prozac was the only one I was able to just stop taking. As a matter of fact, I used prozac to finally get me thru this withdrawal and then just stopped prozac. After I got off this medication. I stopped peeing all over the place. Weird.

Related Reading: prozac

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 01

I have been off and on Lexapro for a very long time now. It works fine after I take a break, but then about 2 months after being back on it, it stops working again. I hate feeling anxious, zero energy, zero sex drive, and weight gain.

Comment from: AJ35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 11

Lower doses of this medication still lead to depressive symptoms at least fortnightly. Since increasing my dose (40 mg per day) I feel good most of the time with only occasional down days. I can handle situations that I couldn't previously and I can remain calm and rational when encountering conflict in the workplace

Comment from: Tammie45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 09

I have been taking this med for several years (5). It has helped me greatly. I have decided to get off the med due to feeling like I'm in a good spot in my life to be able to stop and being a women in my early 50's. I have noticed over the years I have gained a lot of belly fat. Did a little research to find out that weight gain is possible. I would say over the course of taking Lexapro I have gained 25 pounds and that got me thinking of stopping plus NO sex drive at all... I have been completely off for a week now and today is the first day of starting to feel better from coming off the med. The last 3 days have been hard due to the overwhelming feeling of being dizzy and tired. But all in all it was worth the side affects for helping me through the last 5 years..

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 10

This was the second drug I have tried for depression/anxiety. I was crying and distraught daily for months, getting worse with grief for the death of my husband. After only 4 days on this medicine, I stopped crying. It has been a lifesaver for me. The only weird thing is that it made me "unable " to cry. At times I felt I should be sad, but nothing would come. I suppose that's better than being out of contology with grief.

Related Reading: depression | anxiety

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 09

Worked wonders for me. Stick with it!

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 28

got me high(in a bad way).heart rate sky rocketed and fell as well as blood pressure.

Comment from: TAN55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 11