Lidoderm

Comment from: El 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: February 28

Used ZTLido first, very expensive, good adherence, no help for pain. Next Lidocaine patch 5%, No adherence, no pain relief, yes very expensive. My pain is located in the Ophthalmic branch of the trigeminal nerve. I have wasted lots ofd money in the last two months.

Related Reading: ztlido

Comment from: Michellenkcmo7 35-44 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 22

I have had lower back pain for 13 years without much relief at all. 30 minutes after applying this patch I was 95% pain free! I am SO excited to have finally found relief!!! Love, Love, LOVE!

Comment from: 45-54 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: October 13

I use the patch for neuropathy from bulging disc in lower back and for sciatic pain when it flares up. It also helps my shoulder pain when my trigger point injections are wearing off.

Comment from: jaybea 65-74 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: March 14

LIDODERM 5% patch WAS a godsend for my lower back pain. Now my insurance only covers the lousy generic that doesn't stick to my back, but makes a gooey mess on my clothes. Can't even apply it because of the curling up. In lieu of the LIDODERM (ENDO Pharma) patch I now have to have epidural injections instead. Won't buy over-the-counter because it might be as bad as the generic from MYLAN Pharma. TOO BAD for all of us!

Related Reading: lidoderm

Comment from: ruby2zdy 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: June 03

I need a total knee replacement but want to wait till end of summer. The pain is debilitating. The lidocaine 5% patch is a wonder! I can go up & down stairs, walk around the block, do my gardening -- everything -- with minimal pain. But I do have to use the patch every day. I used to try to use smaller patches (cut the one from the box) but it turns out I need to use the whole patch for it to be the miracle that it can be.

Comment from: DeeDee 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: July 15

I had shingles in which it's a reactivation of chicken pox as an adult, causing the nerves to extract pain where the rash is located. My doctor prescribed Lidoderm patch, and I am a realist. This patch numbed the pain from a 10 to 0. I love this patch, but after 12 hours it must be removed until the next 12 hours. At least that was my regiment.

Related Reading: shingles | lidoderm

Comment from: ouchaloozam 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: June 12

55 yr.oldwoman has back pain ,rht arm pain ,due to rht torn rotator cuff ligament.

Comment from: ChattyPatty 65-74 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: April 08

Wonderful and it works but deoending on your Medicare Part D Plan the cost can be HORRENDOUS! And the generics are less effective, thinner and messier. I have stopped using because my cost is close to $500 for 30.

Comment from: Joyce1945 65-74 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: January 26

Have had 5 back surgeries since mid-1970s. Last one left with nerve damage to right leg & foot. No feeling in leg but horrible nerve pain. Been on the Lidoderm patch for several years & love it. Recently insurance stopped coverage except for generic, Lidocaine. Hate Lidocaine. It's sticky due to being too thin which causes getting the plastic off the product very hard.

Related Reading: lidoderm

Comment from: LilLma 25-34 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: January 01

The lidocaine patches have woked so well for me. I have Costochondritis, arthritis in my lower back, hands and wrists, as well as tendonitis. For years doctors kept giving me pain killers and muscle relaxers, which help, but nothing like the patches do. I like just putting on one patch instead of taking pills every 4 to 6 hours.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: Caesar71 35-44 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: August 19

I have been using Lidoderm 5% for about a week for treatment of yellow jacket stings. At first I didn't think the patch had much effect (I was cutting them into quarters to cover the three sting sites), but when I wasn't wearing them, I noticed the pain and itching was significantly more pronounced. I suppose it was a little naive to expect the patches to totally alleviate my symptoms. The only difficulty I have had is with adhesion; they don't always seem to want to stick.

Related Reading: lidoderm | treatment

Comment from: BeLamb 45-54 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: July 18

I have a Dercum.s disease, a rare disorder that can cause extreme, widespread pain. I use the patches wherever there is pain, such as, upper back, lower back, thighs and currently biceps. I almost always get very good relief. Better than narcotics or muscle relaxants.

Comment from: lidoderm72nz4h 75 or over Male 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: June 28

i left the patch on for22 hours vs ordered 12 hours. what to do to stop "burning".

Comment from: KC2DTP 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: June 10

Lidoderm was prescribed for pain from spinal stenosis. I am using it now on my calf muscle for painful restless leg symptoms that wake me from deep sleep. Since using the patch, I have slept through the night and awoken without the excruciating cramps.

Comment from: 65-74 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: April 10

topical relief of lumbar back pain

Comment from: 55-64 Female less than 1 month Caregiver Published: March 05

applied it to effected area and it did not relieve the pain at all, the doctor prescribed it for a gout episode I was having

Related Reading: gout

Comment from: 55-64 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: February 13

I use them for neuopathy in my feet and if I get pain in back and shoulder

Comment from: daylilydiva 65-74 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: January 01

I was getting Lidoderm through my hmo and it was very effective (I cut the patches in quarters to treat/numb the painful neuroma on the palm of my hand and even so, I got definite relief). My problem now - which I suppose has no solution - is that a 3-month supply has gone from $65 to $800! Now they have me on a cream which I've researched and found it's actually hemorrhoid cream. Those of you who have access to Lidoderm, enjoy it and count yourself lucky...

Related Reading: lidoderm

Comment from: Goober 45-54 Male 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: October 21

These patches do not take all my pain away, but they sure help to take the edge off & allow me to function much, & I am truly thankful for my pain management Doctor for allowing me to use the better. Now they come in a generic made by Watson Lab Salt Lake City, this such help many, many more people.

Related Reading: pain management