Lidoderm

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

Due to chronic pain, I have been using this patch for several weeks now, and it has helped me tremendously deal witht he never ending pain I deal with day in and day out. In the past I have had injections to relieve pain, and I was sceptical about this treatment but it works for me.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: Lee, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 21

This has really helped me but the cost is killing me. My insurance only pays for generic drugs and this doesn't fit.

Comment from: oldsoldier, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

I have intense pain in the C5-C7 region and the lidoderm patch helped to dull the pain to a managable level. Don't expect it to remove all pain, it won't do that, but it will give you relief enough to feel human again.

Related Reading: lidoderm

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 14

having extreme back pain, this patches helped me alot. They take off the stabbing,shooting pain, and bring my pain to a more tolerable pain....

Comment from: Suzanne, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 18

I use patches for tendonitis and arthritis in various locations. One way to prevent patches from rolling up on edges is to use elastic surgical tape. The brand I use is called Elastikon (made by Johnson anb Johnson) and you can get it at most pharmacy's. It's flexible, never rolls up off of skin, and firmly holds the patches in place. I've also used this tape for holding bandaids in place.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: moss.mary, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 04

degenerative disc disease

Comment from: Sandra, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 25

These patches were prescribed for me for foot pain due to Peripheral neuropathy. I use one half patch on each foot. They provide such relief from pain! There are no side effects for me. When my feet ache I would not be able to sleep at night without these patches. They are easier to cut in half before opening the package. Just cut right through the packaging and patches. Cannot say enough good about them. Recommended them to a friend suffering with same disease, her Dr. ordered them for her and she also thinks they are great.

Related Reading: foot pain | peripheral neuropathy

Comment from: N/A, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 15

The patch helped the pain along with other medication for my back and hip, due to a car accident. Overall, I think it worked pretty well.

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

In my 50's, my knees are giving me a lot of trouble. I thought it was something torn,or maybe arthritus.Something internal. It seems the 5% lidoderm patch worked wonders.I can get up and down without the pain I was having. If this is supposed to be for topical applications only, I wonder why it works into my knee.

Comment from: themorrispine, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 30

The first pain mgmt doctor I went to prescribed Lidoderm patches for me. He went into detail exactly how to apply these for the best relief. I have been using them regularly for approx 8 years now. I would gladly give up the pa8in medications that could lead to addiction and other problems to use these pads. Since the FDA only approved the patches for relief of post herpetic neuralgia, I can no longer get the patches, but am in the process of trying to go thru Endo to get these. These have always been a tremendous help to me in controlling my pain. They help 100% better than the pain medications that I am now forced to take until I can find a way to get these patches again.l

Related Reading: lidoderm

Comment from: Gary, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 06

Major reduction in lower back pain at night, allowing me a chance to sleep normally.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: Harv1948, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

I am 60 year old male with painful diabetic neuropathy in my toes. Previously, I have tried EVERYTHING ... gabapentin, lyrica, vicodene, hot pepper based ointments,etc. THIS LIDODERM PATCH WORKS! In fact, I placed the patch on my foot where the nerves lead to toes and wore a sock over it to keep it covered at night. I SLEPT for the 1ST time in 4 YEARS nearly all night!!!! WARNING THOUGH - THIS STUFF MAKES YOU SICK TOO!!! I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK!!! CAN CAUSE SUDDEN ARYTHMIA -MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION!! TYPE IN SIDE EFFECTS ON GOOGLE!!!!! USE WITH CAUTION!!!!

Related Reading: diabetic neuropathy | gabapentin | lyrica

Comment from: Maili, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 23

I have had to have cortizone epidermals in my sacroliac 3 times a year. I started the patch 3 weeks ago and it is very effective. Can tell when it is wearing off but it gives me reief when I have it on.

Comment from: MS, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

I have suffered for the past year with severe neck pain from arthritis. I was living on 8-10 Advils a day and still could not get rid of the pain. My doctor gave me these patches and they really work! I wear one on my neck for 12 hours every day and the pain is completely gone. When I take it off, the pain will start to come back but even then it is nothing like it used to be. Truly amazing! I have had no side effects and I am highly sensitive to medications.

Related Reading: neck pain | arthritis

Comment from: Cbear429, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 07

I have used this patch and it works very well B4 my drug plan stopped paying for it. For my back injury and muscle spasms, I also used it for osteoarthritis pain of my right hip while walking. I had shoulder pain due to exercise and I used it there as well. It worked. Now I have to come up with $1400 for a 90 day supply. The FDA should approve this patch for use of pain due to spinal injury pain, herniated discs and muscle spasms of any condition and arthritis joint pain. Like another post, It does not cancel out all of the pain but it kept me going. Now I have to find a way to pay for it. Maybe medicare's drug plan. How does a drug plan decision override my doctors prescription who knows what’s best for their patients?

Related Reading: muscle spasms | osteoarthritis

Comment from: GRAMSHEETS, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 13

I USE IT ON MY BACK, HELPS ME GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

numbs low back nerve pain but only for a short period of time. needs to be longer lasting.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 25

I Have a very bad knee problem and when I used this patch for the first time in weeks I got a good night sleep without waking up in pain. Just be careful with side effects I became VERY drowsy and had to lay down for 1 hour I couldnt even stand up. But its great for pain.

Comment from: EDSkid, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 31

As a topical back pain reliever this medication worked incredibly well for me.

Comment from: I'm in a bad spot, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 18

I have severe chronic back pain. I had this patch on and my back felt the best in the past 2 months. However, after 8 hours my heart started racing which led me here. This does work...but the side effects are horrifying. When my heart started racing I took it off and after 20 minutes I feel much better. Before the side effect I was thinking OMG! This just might give me my life back!!

Back Pain: 16 Back Pain Truths and Myths See Slideshow
Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 05

I have used this patch for multiple pain mangement with great success for all of them. Using this as directed as relieved back pain,osteoarthritis,sciatica,hip,shoulder pain as well as leg pain and leg cramps.Back injections were ineffective even after multiple years of them. These patches work! Now I have just found out that our insurance will no longer cover them.Since I don't want to take, nor get real help from pain drugs(which they DO cover)I am not looking forward to what to use when I run out of my current supply. Does anyone know wat can be done to let the FDA clear this for multiple pain relief uses or other ways to et insurances to cover this pain patch? I agree with many others who have reviewed this here...how does a drug plan override my doctor's prescription on what is best for me?

Related Reading: osteoarthritis | sciatica

Comment from: Scoop, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 18

I have this very effective in relieving the soreness and stiffness that comes with chronic mid/low back pain.

Comment from: Brenda, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 07

I love the patches! I use them for lower back, right hip, thigh and right shoulder pain from fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, bulgin dics in my cervical spine, and damaged nerves and muscles due to an allergic reaction from statins. I apply the patches at night right before bed and am able to get a good nights sleep pain free. They are expensive but I feel they are worth it to have my chronic pain so greatly reduced.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | statins | chronic pain

Comment from: uhad2askme2, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 12

I have been prescribed Lidoderm 5% by Endo. I am a past polio patient, cervial surgery to repair c4,c5,c6,c7, and plate, a stroke and last winter I fell after an accident under my suv in a backward fall 45 % angle which severely bruised my lower back and resulted in medical retirement and bedrest that has lasted 6 months and no improvement. This patch along with other medications has been a miracle for me. Recently possible dignose of post polio fibromalgia? I just know the patch is a part of my life.

Related Reading: lidoderm | polio | stroke

Comment from: Dario, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 03

I am a 37 year old disabled adult with a diagnosis of myelomenngocele, arnold-chiari malformation, hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy, completely non-ambulatory and am unable to bear any weight for transfers, etc. I have had numerous surgeries over my lifetime, 2 of which were hip surgeries to attempt to keep my hips in the sockets. I have been using Lidoderm Patches (1per day) for appx. 2+ years as an alternative to having the ball joint in my left hip cut off, thereby causing the possibility of severe infection, death, etc. It has now been decided by the Medicare Pharmacy (Aetna)that they will not pay for these patches because I di not "meet the criteria" shingles, ect. However because I take 10 other meds. orally and have only 80% of 1 functioning kidney the Lidoderm patches are miraculous in relieving my pain almost 100%. I do not know what to do. Thank you

Related Reading: hydrocephalus | cerebral palsy | shingles