Lomotil

Comment from: GP Girl35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 08

I have gastroparesis and also IBS. I am usually either constipated or have diarrhea. My doctors have said regardless I still have to take my linzess. So I do, and the diarrhea days this is very stressful. I was prescribed lomotil to use two pills every six hours as needed for diarrhea. I usually just try to use one pill if possible because it seems strong enough that it doesn't normally take two, and this usually works. Occasionally, I will still get diarrhea after, but if I do, I don't feel rushed and it feels like I can take much more time to get to the toilet. If I do, I take the second pill as well. I have had no problems with this medication.

Related Reading: gastroparesis | diarrhea | linzess

Comment from: Miss Mammy55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 27

I have tried 1 tablet when needed, but have found that 2 at once works the first try.

Comment from: Azad25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 29

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 08

This medication saved my vacation when I contracted "Montezuma's Revenge" in Mexico.

Comment from: Bob35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 18

Stops the diarrhea but it knocks me out for a few hours after taking it. I mean a real deep sleep.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 18

It works. Minimal side-effects - mostly drowsy/sleepy.

Comment from: Know More Than GI Doc!55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 05

Chronic D after coloectomy for 9 years- Lomotil worked for two months at 2 pills 4x day, when also combined with 12-16 OTC loperamide daily. It stopped making any difference but I continued hoping there was some effect. At five months I went to doctor with possible UTI - tummy pain to back ache and trace vaginal blood (at age 58) No UTI. Referred to Urologist. Digging deep I find that itâ??s a damn side effect! GI Doctor wanted me to take 3-4 pills at a time to see if that works better! Um... GI doctor who is unaware!

Related Reading: lomotil