Lotrel

Comment from: cappy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 02

The side effects have become unbearable. Impotence, severe fatigue and weight gain.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: cozaar, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 15

I started taking this drug over a year ago. I had chronic hypertension the likes of which my Dr had never seen on anyone conscious. She told me my age was saving me and put me on Lotrel. HBP runs in my family. Within two weeks my BP was down to normal ranges. However a year and a half later I cannot bear the dry cough that wakes me up at night, annoys my pastor in church and keeps people at a distance from me at work because they are afraid they are going to catch “something”. I mean I cough till I get ligh headed and feel like I am going to pass out. Forget making me laugh....I will cough forever before I stop! What is worse is I am fighting to take off the 20 lbs I have gained. I have drastically increased my workout routine. I took up boxing. I go to a traditional boxing gym 4 times a week and have been going since October. I have only lost 6 lbs despite of the fact that I have dropped ALL my bad habits including beer! No alcohol whatsoever since November. No pizza, no fatty foods, low calories. I avoid processed food where I can. No binge eating. No explanation for the little improvement. I just have to switch. My sex drive is down the drain. It takes forever to achieve an orgasm even when pleasuring myself. Sometime I even quit! That is all I need to switch. It works very well but hopefully something else will do the job. You only live once and I would also like some of the other pleasures of life along with good health. Good luck to you all.

Related Reading: lotrel

Comment from: soccermom59, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

I developed a dry cough that interrupts my sleep. I am constantly fatigued and a going to ask the doctor to change to something. I am taking the generic form, so I don't know if the name brand would be different.

Comment from: SBKat, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 21

My Dr gave me to high of dose, 5/40 & kept me on Lisinopril/HCTZ 20/25, I'm a 110lb 45yo Fe. On 2/4/07, after 12 days I had a severe hypotensive episode, & lost my BP for a while. I have experienced brain damage, especially in regards to speech & memory, as well as numerous chronic neurologocical & physiological problems. Interesting enough, the majority are noted side effects of Lotrel. I kept saying I felt like the drug was still in me, & was told no way. After going to the website askapatient.com, & reading 250+ other people's generally very negative comments about this drug, & speaking to different pharmacists who have told me they believe that some people will never lose their side effects even after discontinuing it, I strongly urge people to post their comments on that site & other medical sites to see what help, hopefully exists, for these problems.

Related Reading: lisinopril

Comment from: Barry S., 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

Lotrel has helped lower my BP, but I noticed that about two weeks into taking it, I started noticing my knee joints "cracking" when I stand up from a seated position. Is this a normal thing? My doctor doesn't seem to think it's the Lotrel, but I am and have been in excellent health and the problem did not start til after I started the Lotrel, so...Anybody with an opinion of same would be welcome! Thanks, Barry [email protected]

Comment from: Elmo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 09

Taking the brand name for a year with no problems. Just switched to the generic and developed every side effect possible after 7 days. Back to the name brand "lotrel" tomorrow! Generics never again !

Related Reading: lotrel

Comment from: stuffy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 02

I have developed an almost constant cough along with a never ending stuffy nose since I started this medication

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

I have been on Lotrel for about six months. Blood pressure is steady, but I am noticing a weight gain. A slow, steady weight gain. I am not overweight, run/exercise on a regular basis and my "habits" have not changed. Has anyone else had this type of effect? Until reading these reviews, I never put the two together.

Comment from: pfcpremosgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

My blood pressure rapidly returned to a healthy range within 2 weeks of beginning this drug. However, I have developed a constant and very annoying cough as a result of taking this medication.

Comment from: Geri, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 17

I have experiences a slow but steady increase in weight! No matter how little I eat, it has not helped.

Comment from: lavidaamore, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I have been taking Lotrel for a year now. Two months into taking it. My Dr. up my dosage from 5/10 to 10/20. Since then I have been experiencing sinus flare ups. Where my sinus would start draining due to sensitivity of certain odors and or dust. I'm often awaken due to the drainage that occurs. Recently I started taking my BP meds along with my daily supplements. And by doing this I have found that my sinus side effect have deminish by 90%. And my levels are in normal range 125/85(avg).

Related Reading: lotrel

Comment from: ~Karen~, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 27

I've been using Lotrel for 3 years now. Each year my dr increased the mg of the medicine. I found myself gaining weight and not being able to wear shoes, not even sneakers & flip flops in the summer. My de's answer to that was buy larger sized shoes/sneakers. He's upset that I keep gaining weight. Duh...I guess he hasn't read any of the effects for this drug. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER WITH THIS BP MEDICINE.

Comment from: rebedavis, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

Lotrel has managed my blood pressure by I have had swelling of the feet until I thought my feet were going to burst open! side effects are important

Comment from: R. Davis, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 19

I have try a lot of different drugs of this type, but this one (Lotrel) has worked the best for me without the side effects.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

My blood pressure was high with my previous treatment. Lotrel brought my BP back to normal or better. However, it seems to be causing some ED issues. Anyone else with this sympton?

Comment from: Ray, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

After the pharmacy switced my Lotrel to generic I started having bleeding gums. When I contacted my Doctor he said that was a major side effect of the generic. He called pharmancy and got name brand again and gum bleeding stopped.

Comment from: Librababy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 19

Dry cough that I can't control in the middle of the night. Cough drops sometime suppress the problem, but my pressure has been normal for the first time in years.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

My blood pressure came down very nicely. However, I have felt chronically tired since beginning it. My doctor says it shouldn't make me feel tired so I suppose it could be a coincidence.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 17

Been taking this drug 6-7 years and although the BP is within range have developed dry barking cough all day and all night,progressive weight gain, water incontinence and swollen ankles. New doctor is putting me on Benicar HC as of today

Related Reading: benicar

Comment from: KCosta, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

Used 10 mg Norvasc + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. And my blood pressure was 140/98. Switched to 5/20 mg Lotrel + 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide. After 48 hours my blood pressure dropped to 114/75.

Related Reading: norvasc

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 03

This drug has brought my BP down nicely. I feel like though when it peeks, it peeks, since I get a strong feeling of weakness and a light headed feeling.

How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips See Slideshow
Comment from: Maria, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 12

Lotrel satisfactorily controlled my severe hypertension. I stopped taking it for a while and when i had problems again the hospital put me on metropolol which did absolutety nothing I demanded to go back on Lotrel and it WORKS. I do get a headache when starting or stopping the drug and the cough is typical of any ace inhibator, but overall for me this is the solution. I might add i only use Brand.

Related Reading: lotrel | headache | cough

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 25

Lotrel was the only drug that worked good for me after 5 others faled. Some times when I drink a lot of beer my ankles swell, also I need an E.D. drug. But I felt a lot worse on other drugs.

Comment from: Ronald, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 06

Legs swelling

Comment from: tkemt, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 19

Lotrel has worked great at getting my BP into the normal range however the side effects are horrible. I have swelling in the feet, calve and hands, have experienced chest pains, and have the constant cough. Although this medicine is very effective and easy to use, I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone