Lovaza

Comment from: Marg45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 25

Trigs back to normal. I haven't even had a bad taste. I take the full dose at night. I use the coupons to help with my out of pocket expense. I got them online at lovaza.com. That brings my cost down to about $10 a month. Very happy.

Related Reading: lovaza

Comment from: Lori45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 20

I was put on this pill and had to go to the hospital for a rushing heartbeat turned out to be a supraventicular tachycardia attack. In the two months since I have had to drop dose down to half of what my Doctor wants me to take and I still have irregular heart beats sometimes. It always upsets my stomach, makes me bloat and causes awful gas and terrible rotten fish belches. I am looking for over the counter omegas that might work better and cause less problems. According to my pharmacist it is Lavassa or nothing for prescription fish oils, but it seems to me to a overly promoted pill. I know my doctor thinks it is a wonder pill that I should take because we disagree on this pill every time I see her.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 09

Never have after taste never have stomach pain or distress, has been good for me at lowering tri's. No farts no ddiscomforts. Have to take 2000 mg in the morning and 2000 gr in the evening very spendy even for generic... but I can count on the amount in each capsule is the same as the next and it is no rancid coming from the pharmacy like a lot of fish oil supplements can be.

Related Reading: fish oil

Comment from: Irma65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 26

1st please go to GoodRX or check other websites or discount card drug companies given out to purchase at much cheaper prices of this and all drug prescriptions; example, my insurance cost $280 Goodrx $100 or less paid $64 last purchase! This drug has brought great lowering of Tri down only with 1 pill a day along with no known side effects in taking over a year. OTC omega 3 did not work including Mega Red for me at all nor did Tricor.

Related Reading: tricor

Comment from: DN55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 23

My experience with Ethyl Ester (lovaza generic) is exactly the same as some patients feedbacks: serious leg pain to the extend I tend to go to WE for immediate treatment of which I still not figure out Lovaza's side effects till I read some feedbacks on this website. I stop Lovaza now and my leg pain stop, too.

Related Reading: lovaza

Comment from: Brian45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 23

Lovaza is a RIP off. Took it for a few years with no meaningful change in triglycerides levels. Then new health plan would not cover it. I switched to otc fish oil from Costco about a year ago. Glucose, sugar and triglycerides readings best in years.

Related Reading: lovaza | fish oil