Lucentis

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 26

I am 61. I have had only 2 injections of Lucentis. I can drive again, after 3 weeks and 2 injections 1 in each eye. I hope this miracle continues. I have found that getting off ALL SUGAR helps this treatment work better. That means less insulin. I am working toward no insulin at all. Soon I hope. The weight loss and no sugar helps my vascular system work better in order to recieve these injections of Lucentis. Avastin didn't work except put me in the hospital with a DVT and Cellulitis in both legs. Lucentis is making my legs itch, but not cellulitis. I also can't sleep at night. I"m wide awake all night. I think the patient needs to help this drug work better by helping yourself. Getting off other drugs as much as possible is HUGE. Drug interactions with Lucentis may not be all known as of yet. Lucentis is somewhat of a risk , so help yourself by taking at least 1-2 aspirins a day. Ask your doctor if you can. Get your weight off, get rid of all sugar. I found that loosing weight and NO SUGAR helps my vascular system work better. I have little edema as well, so I can tollerate Lucentis better. I was taking lots of Insulin and anti inflammatory drugs daily. This is all ready an overload over time. I was diadnosed as a diabetic when I was 15. I think this is why I have had a better result than many. Oh... and prayers help too. Get started.

Comment from: viva45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 14

Diadnosed with wet macular degeneration from a complication due to central serous retinopathy. have had 4 injections in left eye with minor vision improvement only on 4th one. only had one bleed but have awful reaction about an hour later. feels like eye is blocked. my nose blocks also and feels like blocked sinuses or similar. and have ache behind eye on and off all the time. also now get irritated eye on and off for few weeks after injection. i'm only 54 and hate it all .... am too vain to not be able to put make up on properly. maybe i'll consider eye liner tattoo. has anyone else had that done? am still working and driving as other eye is ok so far. but have already had episodes of central serous retinopathy in it. I may eventually be legally blind but ..... "NOT TODAY".

Comment from: Rose,EF19-24on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 26

Diagnosis: persistent cystoid macular odema secondary to RP. I have odema in both eyes - worse in the right. Had 1 lucentis injection in right without improvement to my blurry vision, which continu. to worsen. V. painful exp. with 1st injection - red eye, severe pain for days, watery eye, v. wavy & decreased vision. Had another lucentis injection today but this time into my left eye - injection wasn't painful and only slight red eye. Consultant has given up fighting odema in right eye as too persistent. Has anyone had a similar experience? Know of any other treatment options? For 4 years I've been taking Diamox, Trusopt, various other steriods, even an injection of steriods directly into my right eye. Please help, I'm only 24 years old!

Comment from: SN25-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: August 25

My Dad is taking this treatment. The treatmene has helped retain his vision, without further damage. However, an insurance scheme was initiated to ensure that we can afford the treatment - since it is exhorbitantly priced. The hassle with the Drug Co + the Insurance provider is such that I'm unable to avail the reimbursement for the money spent. Did any of you go thru similar experience?

Comment from: N75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 26

This drug KILLED my grandmother! People need to know the risks with this drug. She died 2 days after she got her injection. She had a numb tongue, puking, dizziness and fatigue. She went to sleep and never woke up again. I am devastated!!!!!! SHE DIDNT DESERVE TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from: Ongoing75 or overon Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 23

I had a bleed from one of my branch veins at the back of the eye, my retina was soaked in the blood and water as a result of this and became quite swollen and uneven, after scanning and an angiograam it was determined to give me a course of Lucentis injected into my eye, after the first injection my vsioned over the month improved quite a lot, from seeing everything blurred Ic an now see things without any blurring, whilst my sight is not back to what it was before, I am thankful for the improvement todate.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 11

I received 1 injection in my right eye and went painfully blind one week later

Comment from: Manuela55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 26

After the first injection I started feeling strange wandering pains in my arms and legs ,I had the impression my tendons would come off and the muscles were loosen ; I reported the disease to my ophtalmologist and she denied any possible connexion. After a blood exam an autoimmune hypoitiroidism was diagnosted . Only few hours after the 4 injection the pains worsened: I had the impression I had nails in all my nervs. The next day I had symptoms as in a cardio vascular accident: the left part of my body( the injection was in the left eye) was slightly paralised ,I couldn't for instance hold the fork in my hand; My tongue was rigid , I had the impression that the left lung was blocked, the left nostril becam closed. I was in the hospital but they couldn't find any reason for my strange illness. My disease became worse : I had crisis with all the described symptoms every day, alternate with some hours of relief. Only when I saw my ophtalmologist she admitted that it could have been caused by lucentis.After 2 months I still have problems: peripherical neurophatie, pains and weakness in the left hand with difficulty to do some movements, numbness of my left limb, muscular cramps.My life has become a nightmare: I' m weak;I had to interrupt any physical activity,often I don't sleep because of the pains.I have started a treatment for the hypotiroidism but even if the hormons are now normal, my problems haven't disappeared.

Comment from: Jk75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 06

My father was in end stage Macular degenration and had also managed glaucoma. Doctor tried two shots in right eye when he lost his last bit of fovial vision, and he was fully blinded by the injection. All periferal vision is now gone and central vision was already gone. The eye pressure went up in the eye and dr did not monitor. Blind after two mos at eye pressures over 30mm. This drug is DANEROUS for people with glaucoma tendencies. Make sure you get follow up eyepressure tests after EVERY injection. The eye oressure can be oersistent over months.

Comment from: Jk75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 06

Comment from: 25-34 Published: September 30

I don't have Age Related MD...mine is Choroidal Neovascularization which is virtually the same thing expect the doctors can't call it that because I'm only 32 years old and you need to be over 60(?) in order to have AMD. I received 4 shots of Avastin with limited success and then 1 shot of Lucentis which so far has been successful. Unfortunately insurance will not cover these shots because they are considered 'experimental' for my particular diagnosis. I have not had a shot for 9 months which is amazing since I was having one almost every 3 months for awhile. The shots themselves are horribly traumatizing for me but I haven't noticed any lasting side-effects. My vision in my eye has not completely returned (it's 20/40 but was 20/100) however the bleeding has stopped for now so I consider that a success. I'll go back to see the doctor in a few weeks so here's to hoping I don't need another shot!

Comment from: bert 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 22

this drug is injected into the eye by a retina specialist. after first use i experienced blood sugar levels that went through the roof. i was in perfect control until that injection. haven't had an injection in a month and now my blood sugar levels are coming back down gradually. during this time i almost doubled my insulin intake. in my opinion they didn't test this enough. it did work the aswelling did come down but i feel safer with avastin

Comment from: rosebud55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 21

Partial Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion - R. eye. Bright flashing lights, then clouded/blocked vision in R. eye. Have had total of 6 injections. Vision restored to 20/20. Will continue to be monitored by retina specialist.

Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Symptoms, Causes, Treatments See Slideshow