Lyrica

Comment from: 55-64 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: October 05

I am taking Lyrica because of degenerated knee no cartlidge left and it is rubbing bone on bone so it is very painful. I basically have a hard time walking very painful very stiff. I recently saw a documentary on 60 minutes on Sunday saying how people are increasing their mgs of tablets saying don’t take it people get very addicted to this drug and keep increasing the doseage. The side affects are very bad, dizziness, constipated, etc. So be careful people

Related Reading: lyrica | dizziness

Comment from: Carter 25-34 Transgender 2 to less than 5 years Caregiver Published: September 28

Stay away, very nasty dangerous stuff for long term use. Avoid if possible. I took it for 2 years for bad back pain, it worked at first for the back pain but got less and less effective over time. What did get stronger is anxiety, back pain, tiredness, lack of concentration, lack of emotion, etc. By the end you will definitely wish you never started taking this stuff. It will mess your head and body up for everyone in the long run.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Pregabalen 65-74 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: September 26

I am only on 150 mg to treat restless legs. It works well in treating that. I started having major tiredness, big time memory loss and confussion, trouble with concentration. Just talked to my doctor and coming off this medication.

Comment from: Chloe. D 45-54 Transgender 2 to less than 5 years Caregiver Published: July 31

I began taking Lyrica three years ago due to fibromylga pain and and tiredness. The drug was coming new. I was starting to eat well, and still could not function at work due to pain and mental fog. The Doctor gave me Lyrica and within a week, I started to feel much better. I was moving faster at work and i was less in pain. During the day I wasn't so foggy at all. Nightime i fell asleep like right when my head hit the pillow. The only negative side effect that i couldn't deal with was weight gain and muscle twitches in my arm and hands. so bad i spilled or dropped everything. Doctor put me on Cymbalta which doesn;t work as well. Sux.

Related Reading: lyrica | cymbalta

Comment from: somedude1 35-44 Transgender 5 to less than 10 years Caregiver Published: July 27

Many years ago a doctor prescribed this to me and slowly increased the dosage. I have experienced back pain with some neuropathic pain, but the latter was never really a major issue compared to the back pain. After a decade, I wanted to stop taking it and I realized that there is really no easy way to get off of it. I'm sure some folks are not as sensitive, but I had to go down in VERY small increments in order to slowly get off without the horrific withdrawal. The only way (that I found) was to have the liquid suspension prescribed to me and then fire up Excel and make a plan that gradually got me off. One year later, i'm off a drug that probably didn't do anything for me (not that it doesn't for other people) and so much happier.

Related Reading: neuropathic pain

Comment from: Carol Smith 35-44 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: July 09

I have only taken one tablet and I feel really odd. Extremely dizzy and a bit out of it making me worried

Comment from: akthe49thstate 45-54 Transgender 1 to less than 2 years Caregiver Published: June 27

my dr prescribed me Lyrica and sildenafil because I have Lupus. it makes me very drowsy, blurry vision, fatigued. I have permanent sores on my feet and they hurt when i walk. poor blood flow. These medicines just mask the pain but bruises are still there from poor blood flow.

Related Reading: lyrica | lupus | bruises

Comment from: Terry Todd 55-64 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 30

I have only been on this for 5 days. I have severe Restless Leg Syndrome. My Dr. Is winging me off my Ropinerole because its not working anymore. So to make a long story short, I was prescribed Lyrical to help ease the process. It actually works very well, but the day after I started taking it I started experiencing back problems, right in the center of my back. And it is getting worse everyday.

Related Reading: restless leg syndrome

Comment from: Sharon 45-54 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 10

Degeration spine disc disease I am using Lyrica 75mg going on 2 weeks. It helps calm the pain a lot and for some reason I have more energy. After reading some of these reviews I am scared to continue. I did experience some lameness in my legs. I take mine at night. What do I do? Live on it? I am scared?

Related Reading: lyrica

Comment from: James 65-74 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 02

I went to visit my wife ,who had cancer in Freeport hospital and she was feeling good and in good spirits.The doctor started her on lyrica that afternoon and the next day.I visited her and she was confused and could not carry on a conversation.the next few days she could not hold her fork to eat or use the phone. She just could not function. I brought this to the doctors attention and he told me to mind my own business and he will decide what medication will be given. My wife told me within a couple of days that she wanted to die. When the doctor was made aware of this he said he can arange that,which he did.I am typing this to warn you about lyrica and freeport hospital

Related Reading: cancer | lyrica

Comment from: nancy g 65-74 Transgender 5 to less than 10 years Caregiver Published: April 22

I take this medicine for nerve pain. It works well.

Comment from: EJ 35-44 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: April 13

Was on 3 x 150 daily from sudden onset of unexplained neuropathy for 2 years and had to wean off it so slow. It was a nightmare and gave me so many other issues not to mention 20kgs in 2 year three falls and issues with my memory, water retention the list goes on and on!!!! These reviews have got to be posted by people promoting the drug, itâ??s a terrible drug to be on and an ordeal to get off. While it did resolve 80% of my neuropathy the side effects were out of this world and you canâ??t live like that! Totally off it for 2 months now but took 6 months to wean off and now getting 80% reduction in neuropathy without any side effects using CBD oil which is natural! DO NOT BELIEVE THE OTHER REVIEWS THIS STUFF IS A NIGHTMARE!

Comment from: 75 or over Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: November 06

I have nerve pain from a spinal cord injury. I had so much pain that I couldn't shop for my own groceries. I take lyrica 3 times a day. I still have some bleed through pain but I can shop for short times now. I am so glad I found this drug.

Related Reading: lyrica

Comment from: submarine vet 55-64 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: July 14

my blood sugar was out of control for years and i did not know it . I am 5 8 126 lbs and can not believe i have diabetes . i have neuropathy both legs and feet . I could not live without lirica as it does help with the pain . i still am a level 2 pain all the time but it is better than what it used to be a level 6

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: Orion 45-54 Male 10 years or more Patient Published: July 02

They first put me on neurontin and while it was effective, the dose amounts made me a zombie. My quality of life was zero and in fact I don't remember 1 full year of my life while I was on it. Then they switched me to Lyrica and with less than a quarter of the dose I was able to get away from the pins and needles feelings in my legs and feet from CIDP and SPS. I would highly recommend this medication.

Related Reading: neurontin | lyrica

Comment from: LSheffer 55-64 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: June 16

I have neuropathy in both feet caused by Tarsal Tunnel Sydrome and have been taking Lyrica (now pregabalin) since 2012. Lyrica is a miracle drug for me. Without it I am unable to walk for any length of time at all due to the nerve pain. I take 450mg per day and havenâ??t noticed any side effects except occasional blurry vision.

Related Reading: lyrica

Comment from: Malek Ramadan Salman Abushabab 19-24 Male 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: June 01

Back pain lower back pain

Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment See Slideshow
Comment from: Male less than 1 month Patient Published: February 24

After using Lyrica for 3 weeks it really ly works for me.I can remmend it

Related Reading: lyrica

Comment from: Knotigal 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 20

During an excruciating bout of sciatica my doc prescribed it and I had relief after 3 days. It worked for me 75 mg twice a day.

Comment from: Krik35 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 01

I started taking Lyrica about six weeks ago. I have been taking gabapetin for over a year for nerve pain during and after cancer treatment. Gabapetin just did not help me and I have been suffering. I have tried everything!! Lyrica changed my life and I'm so glad that my doctor switched me to it. I had very little side effects. Little sleepy first week and was hungry a lot but that all disappeared shortly. No high feeling like gabapetin does to me. Great and highly recommend it.

Related Reading: lyrica | cancer | treatment