Medrol

Comment from: Brenda, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

I lost range of motion in my neck and experienced terrible pain with movement. It felt as though I had broken a vertibra. Within 2 days of taking this medication I felt relief and on the 4th day was back to work. I experienced nausa and vomiting but when I layed still these symptoms weren't a problem. The results was well worth the side effects.

Comment from: Mike, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 27

i have a herniated disk in my neck. was on celebrex for 10 days and that helped a little. then tried the 6-day pack of Medrol and it made a dramatic improvement. have been off it for four days now and still have a little minor pain, but the Medrol is the first drug that really seems to have aggressively reduced the inflammation such that there is permanent relief. also had no noticible side affects on me.

Related Reading: celebrex | medrol

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 25

I am on my 3rd day on this drug and it is miserable. I have sleepless nights and my heart feels like its racing and I am alway anxious. I am going to see if I can get off this drug.

Comment from: DKemp, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

Everyone must remember that drugs in general affect different people differently. For me this drug gave me insomnia for the first night only, but then it actually helped me sleep the 2nd night on. And, I used it to reduce the inflammation from a root canal issue. It did a great job. I am on day 5 of 6 and have no side effects besides the one night of insomnia.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: allygator73, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

I was prescribed the dose pack to help with inflammation after my endodontist overfilled my root canal. The overfill is sitting on the nerve and causing numbness in my chin, teeth, and lip. I have noticed some improvement in the numbness, but I do not ever want to take this medication again due to the side effects. On day 3, I suffered a panic attack while driving at night with my two small children, brought on because I started feeling dizzy and was experiencing trouble with my vision. I completed the dose pack and am on the first day without it, yet I am still experiencing side effects: chest tightness, heart flutters, and anxiety.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: michbar, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

I have had terrible heel soreness for a year, and no dr. could figure out what the problem was and how to treat it. Finally, a new podiatrist told me to "test" the medrol. After 2-3 days -- my heels are almost normal again! It has really been a miracle! Finally!

Related Reading: medrol

Comment from: surfgeneral, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

I have chronic back spasms occurring 1 to 2 times annually when severe I'm quite incapacitated walkng around like a very old person with every move having to be delicate. I do not like taking drugs period but tried this one (6 day pack). I had a football & softball game to play on sunday and began treatment on friday morning. Based on how I felt friday, there was no way I was going to play my sports. Sat. morning, to my surprise, I felt fantastic! I could not believe this. I was shocked. I ended up playing both with no discomfort at all. To me, it was like a miracle! It's mon. morning now so I'm still concerned if i'm doing any damage to me unknowingly. In addition, my hamstrings have been tight/sore all year and they feel amazing too. This is unbelievable. I feel ten yrs younger. As for side affects, I do have some minor anxious feelings and extra energy but I'm sleeping fine. I'd like to take this stuff every time my back acts (up to twice a year) up provided that as I wean my self off this (6 day pack) stuff, my back is back to normal. I'm a very active athletic person that surfs, plays softball, football, runs etc. I'll find out later this week if this drug is what I need in the long term. I'm also fortunate concerning the mild side effects are minor to me.

Comment from: bill, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 22

I was prescribed this medication in the ER for treatment of pericarditis (inflamation around the heart). I am a non insulin diabetic. Immediately after starting this medication my blood sugar levels increased dramatically from normal around 120 to over 300. I also experienced dizziness and stomach upset. I am now on third day of Medrol dose pack and have contacted my doctor about stoppong medication. I should also mention that the pericarditis symptoms had dissapeared before I started on the Medrol so I have seen no specific benefits - only problems.

Related Reading: pericarditis

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

I have been diagnosed with Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis (lung allergy). Cause to date: unknown. It has helped my breathing and I've experienced no side effects. I started with 16 mg and after one month am on 8 mg every other day.

Comment from: Justme, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 01

This is the worst medication I have ever been on! A lung specialist prescribed it because he didn't know why I had been coughing for over 4 months and thought it might help. He did not warn me about the awful side effects. My face swelled up like a cabbage patch doll, my ankles swelled up so bad, I had to buy new shoes. It took me 3 months to get off the pills (I went through withdrawls) and the side effects have gotten worse! Now on top of everything else (I still have all the original side effects), I have been getting such bad leg cramps at night that I can hardly walk(yes, they stayed with me during the day, going on 8 days), I broke out in a rash all over my legs, arms and stomach and I bruise so easily, it looks like I have been beaten. If my doctor had warned me about any of this in the beginning, I would have suffered with the cough. This is not a good pill in my opinion.

Related Reading: rash | cough

Comment from: CLC81, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

I have been given this medication 2x's so far to break current migraines and it has worked perfectly! My doctor has had me on 7 other drugs in the last 3 months and this is the ONLY thing that will break my migraines. All it takes is 1-10mg pill taken at night, and I will be migraine free. Unfortunately the doc only prescribes them when I have severe migraine attacks. Only side effect I've had is tiredness, but I seem to be having that a lot since starting treatment for my migraines

Comment from: ls, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

Began taking two days ago for constant headaches and back pain. I feel a hundred percent better! A little trouble sleeping but I just take some sleep medicine and I am fine.

Comment from: kela, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 19

I am very unrestful, sight is blurring and increased appetite

Comment from: Medrol Oral, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I started taking this drug prescribed by my orthopedic doctor for recurring R leg pain. This was after having lower back surgery 3 months ago. At 8PM I started feeling weak, fatigued and it got progressively worse. I started vomiting and could not quit. I was taken to ER by my daughter and they successfully got it under control at 3AM the next morning! I have never been so sick in my life!!

Comment from: trng2hlp, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 31

My neurologist prescribed it along with a muscle relaxer for headaches. Not only did it not help but I cant sleep without Ambien and its been 5 days off it. If you're in severe joint pain and don't have to go to work for a week it would be great as it really seems to help in that regard.

Related Reading: ambien

Comment from: greg778, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 04

i got very sick from this drug still recovering my eyes went crazy i could not talk just stuck there then fell out i was very confused all day on the 3rd day i pass out still not realy with it my eye site is very bad now my eyes hurt still i was so confused i did not know what did that to me

Comment from: Spartan , 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 16

I was prescribed the Medrol dose pack to be winged off Solu-Medrol administered in the hospital for an Ulcerative Colitis flare. My experience include many side affects while on the medication, insomnia, nausea, nervousness, extreme agitation, frequent urination at night and wieght loss. Overall, taking this medication was a very unpleasant experience.

Related Reading: medrol | colitis | insomnia

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 28

had frozen shoulder manipulation and given to help with swelling and pain but since i have taken i get severe leg cramps at night

Related Reading: frozen shoulder

Comment from: kathyds25, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

I was unable to sleep for 5 dyas, restlessness, anxiety, nervousness, unable to eat because of the anxiety. It was a terrible experience. I had to go to the Hospitalto make mw go to sleep.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: cathyjohn, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 15

i have been on this medication for 3 days for lower back pain, i do not see any inprovement called the DR. office he was not in would not be back in office till monday or tuesday what am i supposed to do all weekend? go back to work on monday.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: Ellen, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 05

I have taken Medrol for over 10 year. I take 6 mg every three days. With the exception of having to pee all the time on the day I take it the drug works great. It is the only drug tha has helped my RA

Related Reading: medrol

Comment from: Sun, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

I hurt my back lifting a person and have been in constant misery for a whole year now and even had to crawl around on my hands and knees from time to time. I have a moderately protruding disk and severe back pain that goes down into both legs and its excrutiating, i think its called spinal stenosis. ive tried all kinds of meds and this is the 1st one to touch the constant pain at all!! i feel soo much better and im just on my 2nd day!!! no side effects at all so far, just RELIEF!!! Im amazed!!!

Comment from: PopPop, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 15

Am 69 and had bad URI ending in middle ear infection. ENT doc prescribed the steroid 4mg six day treatment. Seemed to have helped somewhat but now developing Oral Thrush. Doc prescribed antifungal but afraid to take it because drug info says could interfere with elimination of my alfa blocker I take for my prostate problem. Will try home remedy first for the oral infection. If doesn't work will call my urologist.

Related Reading: ear infection | thrush

Comment from: Citystar, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

I've had two back surgeries. Stenosis of the spine then a vertabrea slipped out of line. For two years I have been in 24 hour pain. I was given a dose pack and the 2nd day I felt 95% better. Hardly any pain. I have had no side effects and really wish it had a more healing powers so that one would not have to stay on it. It has helped me so much. The clients that complained of problems must remember that all medicine cannot be tolerated by everyone. Because it does not work on one person does not mean it will not help someone else. It is a very good medicine and that is the reason that advertisers ask you to ask your doctor is this particular medicine right for you. It is very good for me, for which I give thanks. I just wish I could continue on it or, as I said, wish it had MORE lost lasing healing effect along with the pain relief it gives so that after you've been on it for a limited time you could come off it and the problem would be healed or mostly healed.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 28

I was jittery during the day, not on minutes sleep. I quit after one day