Mepron

Comment from: Mousse, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 19

Side effects can come on gradual and "sneak" up on you, especially mood/behavioral changes and appetite changes. Be sure to know what the side effects are and be on the look out for even small changes before they get too severe.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 14

While the form of medication is odd (bright yellow, thick liquid, odd taste) it is easy to measure, and take. Taste isn't too bad, and best to take with food, so that helps "chase" it. I've had one bout of nausea/vomit after 6 weeks of tx. Not sure exact effectiveness since I'm on multiple meds plus meds for Lyme: Azithromiacin, Cryptolepis oil, fish oil, pro-biotics, vitamin D... but since starting these treatments I'm feeling much better, much more energetic. Recently I've been finding throat tightening up into roof of mouth, ear and head which I thought related to work stress, however, I just found out this is one of the potential side effects, as are anxiety and sleep difficulty (experiencing all, thought to be related to work stress, but not my typical reaction to stress). I'm very impressed by the price of the medication: $2,400, but thanks to my insurance coverage, I paid 25$ for a month supply (twice daily teaspoon). Now this yellow liquid seems more like precious gold to me.

Related Reading: fish oil | vitamin d | stress

Comment from: Northwest Girl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 06

Since I haven't finished treatment I can't be 100% sure it's gotten rid of Babesia. However, it's easy to take. Only thrown up once after taking it. Has given me a little bit more energy.

Comment from: pbs35, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 11

Dr.said taste awful Ithought NOT SO BAD. Drink a lot of liquid right after taking.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

treatment for Lyme Disease, awful taste, hard to measure, rash and awful itchy bumps on arms.

Related Reading: lyme disease | rash

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

MEDICATION WAS SATISFACTORY IN CLEARING INFECTION FROM BABESIOSIS BUT I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH TASTE AND SMELL AFTER TAKING THIS MEDICATION. I HAVE LOST MY SENSE OF TASTE AND SMELL SINCE TAKING THIS MEDICATION. I AM LOOKING FOR A TREATMENT FOR GETTING THESE SENSES BACK.

Comment from: bewell, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 29

Taking mepron as a preventive after a liver transplant. Find it difficult to measure it is very thick and sticky.I use a empty 10ml syringe to measure.the taste is awful.

Related Reading: mepron | liver

Comment from: Praise, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 24

I started taking this medication about 2 mths ago and now I'm free from taking it anymore. It has kept me free from harm and has completed it's task tp prevent pcp. I felt nausea a couple of times but nothing major, A very bitter taste but i have finished the course with the help of God. I payed that the medication be a healing not a sickness to me.

Comment from: prayer, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 27

been taking this medication for over 1 month, no sude effects, currently take at bedtime.Thru prayer all things is possible.

Comment from: Julia17, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 09

I really found it very difficult to follow a low salt diet at first because I was used to it and food seemed to lack something that all the herbs, lemon and pepper could not provide. However I stuck with it and I was really surprised to lose weight because I was not retaining fluid then I noticed my blood pressure go down so my meds were lowered and because I was not holding onto fluid I did not have to take water pills so for me the low salt diet really did work and I would highly recommend it to everyone actually do not wait to develop heart or blood pressure problems start today and spread the news

Comment from: mylifematters76, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 19

I hated this medicine! I was showing resistance to bactrim and a new doctor said to take this. It is bright and tastes awful the bottle comes without a measurement cap something hard to locate it you are not into having that type of supply, which makes measuring this stuff hard., I was very sad taking this medicine and it made the sides of my mouth split. I told my doctor I had to stop taking it my body was telling me not to. I threw this up once or twice and it will turn your poop yellow. Even with food this medicine was unbearable to take. There has to be something better than this, but if you really need it take it I guess. I was not happy with this. taken with a combination of anti retroviruls and vitamins.

Related Reading: bactrim | vitamins

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 07

Difficult to take when not at home since its liquid and sloppy to dispense.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 01

This drug is awesome. I love drugs.

This drug is awesome. I love drugs.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 09

This medicine hard to get out of bottle, globs, runs over side of spoon. Tastes like ...... supposed to be lemon flavoured... Sight has been affected, distance is all foggy.

Comment from: ringer, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 14

This med is very difficult to get used to taking due to the very offensive color and thickness/texture of this drug. I would much rather take a pill than to have to take a liquid form! It is like trying to swallow thick flourescent yellow paint.

Comment from: JohnDuke, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 28

Tastes awful but effective in that despite low blood counts, no pulmonary illness. I have taken 10 ml/day for a year. I also noted it cured my toenail fungus! I receive medication in 210 ml bottle and use teaspoon to measure. Much more convenient [and less expensive] than 5 ml packets.

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 21

Dizziness, sight issues