Mestinon

Comment from: Ada13-18on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 09

I was diagnosed withMG in 2002 at first I started taking it liquid form every 4 hours but now as I'm older it's only 3x a day or every 6 hours, I'd say this medicine has been very effective but some of the side effects that I've had with this medication has been many leg cramps and muscle spams which isn't that bad what I don't see much improvement on the dropping of eyelid sometimes it helps but not much.

Comment from: Rob45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 01

Had been suffering the effects of undiagnosed myasthenia gravis for five months (double vision, problems chewing, slurred speech). After a severe episode brought me to the hospital and to a team of neurologists it was diagnosed and treated. Symptoms and problems were gone in hours. That was three weeks ago. As far as I'm concerned, this drug worked Miracles.

Related Reading: myasthenia gravis | double vision

Comment from: MarciaMG65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 05

Just started using mestinon made by Zydus, today. I had to increase my dose because it doesn't seem to be working as well. I had been using mestinon by Impax without problems.

Related Reading: mestinon

Comment from: Judi65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 24

I have been taking this medication for about 9 years. Within 3 hours of taking the first dose the improvement was remarkable. I was on the extend tabs but just recently my insurance has refused to pay for the tabs and I had to go to liquid form. I am not a fan. With either pill or liquid form I often get diarrhea and I drool at night but this is a small price to pay for relief of my symptoms.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Niki35-44on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 07

I have been taking this medication for over 17 years. I am 35 years old now. The worse thing about this medication is it made my teeth fall out. Now I am at a loss as to what to do and where to go from here.